Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-13-2013, 01:49 AM   #1
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Mike D'toni....Ran Kobe into ground

I shade a tear or 2 tonight....reading the news....

hope this is not the last of kobe we see.....

fcuk this world...i am devasted....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:02 AM   #2
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Mike D'toni....Ran Kobe into ground

Mother Fking Idiot Coach!!!!! Should have never been given a job he wasn't qualified to have!!! This all falls into the lap of the idiot who hired him dumb mfking Jimmy Buss the franchise destroyer.
There is not a single person who didn't see this coming with the minutes Kobe was playing.

On the bright side, I had the same injury several years ago while playing basketball. The moment Kobe went down I knew what it was, and when he tried to put weight on it, I was 100% sure. It feels like someone kicked you on the back of the Achilles and your foot is dead, its not painful but you can't put weight on it and can't stand on your toes at all.
It really sucked but I was back running in 6 months, and I was already OLD and definitely not in NBA shape. I expect Kobe back for the start of next season.......hopefully with a new coach.....a GOOD coach.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:04 AM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Lakers announced guard Kobe Bryant most likely tore his left Achilles following Friday's win over the Warriors. Bryant's left foot seemed to give out on him late in the fourth quarter of the 118-116 defeat and he immediately took himself out of the game. He finished with 34 points, five rebounds and four assists prior to leaving the contest and is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Saturday. "I can't walk. I've never had to deal with something like this," Bryant said. He then responded with "MRI, surgery and then recovery," when asked what the next step would be for him.

-- CBS
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:47 AM   #4
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can't believe one of the greatest franchises in pro sports hired arguably the 2 most incompetent coached back-to-back (although Brown >>>> MDA). Jim Buss must be a moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Mother Fking Idiot Coach!!!!! Should have never been given a job he wasn't qualified to have!!! This all falls into the lap of the idiot who hired him dumb mfking Jimmy Buss the franchise destroyer.
There is not a single person who didn't see this coming with the minutes Kobe was playing.

On the bright side, I had the same injury several years ago while playing basketball. The moment Kobe went down I knew what it was, and when he tried to put weight on it, I was 100% sure. It feels like someone kicked you on the back of the Achilles and your foot is dead, its not painful but you can't put weight on it and can't stand on your toes at all.
It really sucked but I was back running in 6 months, and I was already OLD and definitely not in NBA shape. I expect Kobe back for the start of next season.......hopefully with a new coach.....a GOOD coach.

Was yours a complete tear or a partial one?
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

I know we are all upset with this horrible event, but blaming the coach
it idiotic.... Kobe flat out refused to come out of games.... D'Antoni
pulled him a few times and Kobe had a drink and checked himself back
in..... and let's face it, the team needed him in there a lot.

I think Kobe is just like the rest of us... He got excited at the new
roster last fall and had big hopes... When the team struggled, KB
took on a bigger and bigger role that did wear him down. You might
blame the coach for not getting the other players to play better (our
D sux for example), but not for wearing out KB. He did that himself for
the most part....

I didn't have any thoughts of a ring this year, our D is really bad most
of the time. We had no real chance.. So let's focus on next year.
If they can get rid of MDA and bring in someone who knows something
about D, we should have a much better season...
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
I know we are all upset with this horrible event, but blaming the coach
it idiotic.... Kobe flat out refused to come out of games.... D'Antoni
pulled him a few times and Kobe had a drink and checked himself back
in..... and let's face it, the team needed him in there a lot.

I think Kobe is just like the rest of us... He got excited at the new
roster last fall and had big hopes... When the team struggled, KB
took on a bigger and bigger role that did wear him down. You might
blame the coach for not getting the other players to play better (our
D sux for example), but not for wearing out KB. He did that himself for
the most part....

I didn't have any thoughts of a ring this year, our D is really bad most
of the time. We had no real chance.. So let's focus on next year.
If they can get rid of MDA and bring in someone who knows something
about D, we should have a much better season...

Lame, Lame, Lame.....who is coaching the team Kobe? Obviously you never coached or sucked at it, you NEVER let ANY player dictate how you coach......do you actually think Kobe didn't try to get Phil to let him play a ull game? Did Phil do it......HELL FKING NO!!!!! Before you post crap, learn WTF you are talking about!!!!!!! Do you think the San Antonio guys want to sit as much as coach POP sits them......HELL NO!!!! The coach has to have a fking brain and understand that if you over use an older player he is definitely going to break down. This is absolutely the coach's fault......maybe if he had a clue about defense they wouldn't have needed to win every game or have to fight so hard. I guess we found the 1 person who didn't see this coming......YOU.

Mine was a partial tear.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 47m
Kobe Bryant's longtime trainer Tim Grover tells ESPNLA: "If he's in that frame of mind, it's going to get done."

Grover: "This is going to be a mental battle of whether he wants to go through this or he doesn't want to go through this."

Grover on Kobe: "If he gets in that single mind and says, ''I want to do this. I'm going to do this, then we've won the battle.' "

Grover on Kobe: "I'd be shocked if the minutes had anything to do with it. An Achilles can happen stepping off a sidewalk.

Grover: "This is not Kobe's fault, because he pushed himself. This is not coaches' fault. An Achilles just happens."

Grover: "I can't see him not wanting to do this and to come back as Kobe Bryant, the way we know Kobe."

via Los Angeles Lakers

Athletic trainer Gary Vitti: “Everyone wants to know why. There’s not always a reason why. If you look at our season it’s been a nightmare.”

Vitti: “Some of its just bad luck. The stuff out there about Kobe… to say he was injured because he played 48 mins is a stretch.”

Vitti: “Kid went up there & buried two free throws. Kept us in the game. That’s an inspiration to our team.”

Vitti says its a 6-9 month timetable for @kobebryant’s recovery. Asked if that means he’s back for next season, “that’s the plan.”

Vitti also stressing that there’s no good or bad type of Achilles injury and that its not the type of injury you want to rush.

Vitti: “He’s already accepted the challenge. For us, the hardest part will be keeping him down.” The Mamba’s legendary drive & desire again.

Tim S. Grover ‏@ATTACKATHLETICS 45m
Kobe's injury was not about minutes, he's conditioned to play 48, and he'll play 48 again. An Achilles can just go, any age or circumstance.

Last edited by gts : 04-13-2013 at 05:02 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Best and worst day of the season last night so far...

HUGE win and BIGGEST lose..

I won't blame d'antoni for this. It's not his fault, people. Extended minutes, true, but that isn't what caused this directly.

What more is there to say? I'm down in the dumps, destroyed.

Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant will be back. Count on it. It is a guarantee.

Last edited by bladefd : 04-13-2013 at 03:57 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Best and worst day of the season last night so far...

HUGE win and BIGGEST lose..

I won't blame d'antoni for this. It's not his fault, people. Extended minutes, true, but that isn't what caused this directly.

What more is there to say? I'm down in the dumps, destroyed.

Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant will be back. Count on it. It is a guarantee.

He will be back. Just another bump in a very bumpy season

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 7m
Mitch Kupchak said he approached Kobe about 10 days ago expressing concerns about his playing time. Kobe's response

Kobe to Kupchak: "I hear what you're saying, but we have to get in the playoffs. I'm playing and there's nothing you can do about it."

edit: Kobe played 159 regular season games of 45 minutes or more during Phil Jacksons tenure

Last edited by gts : 04-13-2013 at 05:39 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

thanks for the updates gts
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gts on point as always.

Maybe Phil would of scaled Kobe's minutes back because of his age and mileage...and maybe Kobe would listen? Who knows.
Hope to see Lobe back ASAP and hope we still make the playoffs.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #12
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think people are looking for someone to blame and that easily Dantoni. With that said, I do not think its his fault for the ruptured Achilles. This is a freak occurrence. However I am not going to sit here and say allowing so many minutes on Kobe was at all a good thing. Even before the injury, I felt Kobe probably lost a good year of his career playing as much as he did.

Dantoni played him too hard, and with too many minutes. But thats not what caused his injury. It was going to happen either way.

Its easy to look back and try to blame the coach. But if they lost games and Dantoni was limiting his minutes, what would you guys say? You would say **** Dantoni and play Kobe.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #13
DKLaker

First, a qualified coach wouldn't have had a team with this much talent in a desperate position to make the playoffs.....it would be ridiculous to dispute this fact. He had no idea how to play Pau and Dwight together, the answer was extremely obvious and easy.....and guess what....NOW they are finally doing it.
Dwight down low, Pau around the 15 foot range and feeding Dwight, attacking the basket forcing the defense to either stay with Dwight or try to stop him.....or Pau shoots the 15 footers all day.....not the idiotic 3 pointers he can't hit worth a crap. I said this from day 1....this was nothing brilliant on my part, it was fundamental basketball common sense.

To believe the Lakers desperate spin attempts to cover up the over use of Kobe being a factor in the injury is clueless......of course it played a factor.
A good friend of mine who has been the team doctor for all the LA teams, college and pros as well as several Olympic teams told me this was going to happen. Funny that he was at the game. I take his word above anyone else's....not buying the PR spin.

Bad things CAN and DO happen to your body from over use. I have run several 26.2 mile marathons and I can tell you that no matter how hard I ever trained that sh!t starts happening past mile 20, and I guarantee you that if I tried to run hard the next day, something would go horribly wrong. I have seen some bad crap happen to the elites from over use.

Take a wire hanger......those things could last 1,000 years under normal use......now bend it back and forth for 5 minutes, it will get hot and snap.
Coach Pop and smart coaches rest players for a reason.

Ask Magic why the Lakers lost the finals in 1989, he would tell you that Riley fked up and overworked the team leading to pulled muscles on he, BScott and others that took them right off the court and into a sweep. In case you don't know, the Lakers had over a week break waiting for the start of the Finals and Riley took them up to Santa Barbara and ran them ragged.

Coincidence......no Don't believe the cover up.

Kobe won't miss a real game to start next season, I expect him to be 100% unless he pushes things too early.

Last edited by DKLaker : 04-14-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #14
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can you be 100% from this injury tho? or will Kobe lose half a step? even 5%-10%? I feel as if he will never be the same guy.

I know it ended careers of Shaq and Barkley. Look at Billups now - he lost a step after his torn achilles compared to the season before the torn achilles
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:13 AM   #15
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Can you be 100% from this injury tho? or will Kobe lose half a step? even 5%-10%? I feel as if he will never be the same guy.

I know it ended careers of Shaq and Barkley. Look at Billups now - he lost a step after his torn achilles compared to the season before the torn achilles

Ok, let me specify........100% for his age for an NBA player with so many games under his belt. Kobe doesn't need to be fast to be great, this is why he worked with Hakeem on post moves. Kobe's defense was already going to suffer in some ways. He'll still be great but he's not going to play like a 25 year old...lol.

Shaq and Barkley could never be confused with hard working gym rats.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: