Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #31
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: To all the metal fans on here: I finally started listening to new music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
We have very similar tastes. A lot of really good bands there.

I'm not as big on death metal, but I do like a decent amount of the first era of death metal(late 80's/early 90's), some of the melodic death metal bands from Europe and some progressive death metal.

Never liked nu-metal(for those that don't know, I don't mean newer bands...that's what a sub-genre in the late 90's/early 00's was called) and I hate metalcore. Other than that, I'll give most forms of metal a shot.

Speaking of melodic Death Metal have you listened to Bolt Thrower? This is probably one of the most basic Metal bands that are out there that when the cookie monster vocals come on, you really don't notice it. A lot of slower, chunky riffs similar to other thrash bands out there.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #32
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: To all the metal fans on here: I finally started listening to new music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Is Fozzy any good? I mean I love Chris Jericho and wrestling and it's badass that he's so into heavy metal but I always thought they were supposed to be a joke band.

I thought the same, but they actually put out some great music. First couple of albums are legit.

Here's a good song of theirs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOJBBpmgMzQ
Old 04-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #33
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
I don't think they're metal, but we categorize bands
on our musical experience and in the 70s there were no extreme genres of metal. The hardest band when let there be rock came out where DiAnno Maiden, Priest and Sabbath. In hindsight AC/DC are hard bluesrock but if you had to compare them to Humble Pie or Priest they're definately closer to the latter.

Would you call Zakk Wylde's musuc bluesrock just because he uses pentatonic scales for his solos?
Yeah, no you and Shaq make good points. I guess most of my frustrations about calling them metal come from over-analyzing their music to the nth degree like most hardcore fans.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #34
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
What genre would you consider AC/DC? Of course, in the general sense, they're a rock band, but I mean sub-genre?

By the way, I was surprised to see you mention Annihilator. Not a band that casual metal fans usually listen to. I liked quite a bit of their stuff. Didn't like the singer, but I really liked Jeff Waters guitar parts(both rhythm and lead)
Depends on the era. I'm generalizing a bit but:

The Bon Scott era and then Stiff Upper Lip and on - Blues Rock
Back In Black to Ball Breaker - Hard Rock
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #35
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Depends on who you talk to, but bands like AC/DC, Sabbath, and Led Zeppelin are all considered Heavy Metal to some capacity or at least responsible for its creation.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: