Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!
 
Levity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: long beach bred
Posts: 4,824
Default Would SVG and the Clipps be a good fit?

It should come to no surprise to anyone that VDN has pretty much worn out his welcome with the Clippers and that his firing should come in the passing weeks, if not days.

Once that happens, reports will be coming from every direction about potential coaches being considered for the job. One that is already beginning to surface is in regards to Stan Van Gundy. He is said to be the coach of choice at this point. In your opinion, given the talent on the team, is he the right man for the job? Any other available coaches you think would fit better given the current roster of the clippers?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...s-paul-staying
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
OldSkoolball#52
Banned
 
OldSkoolball#52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,536
Default Re: Would SVG and the Clipps be a good fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
It should come to no surprise to anyone that VDN has pretty much worn out his welcome with the Clippers and that his firing should come in the passing weeks, if not days.

Once that happens, reports will be coming from every direction about potential coaches being considered for the job. One that is already beginning to surface is in regards to Stan Van Gundy. He is said to be the coach of choice at this point. In your opinion, given the talent on the team, is he the right man for the job? Any other available coaches you think would fit better given the current roster of the clippers?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...s-paul-staying



Stan van would be a good fit, but i think hes a fairly in demand coach right now so the question is will sterling shell out toget him, and would he even want to work for sterling.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
PJR
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,094
Default Re: Would SVG and the Clipps be a good fit?

I'd doubt Stan would work for Donald Sterling.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!
 
Levity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: long beach bred
Posts: 4,824
Default Re: Would SVG and the Clipps be a good fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
Stan van would be a good fit, but i think hes a fairly in demand coach right now so the question is will sterling shell out toget him, and would he even want to work for sterling.

Very good point. Though, he said he'd want to coach for a contender, seeing that a third of NBA teams currently have a head coaching vacancy, he's definitely going to be able to find a head coaching gig he wants. And sterling just may be that deciding factor that keeps SVG away from the team. Hopefully for the clipps sake, this small taste of success this past season was enough of a motivator to have sterling man up and pay what it costs for a quality coach.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
OldSkoolball#52
Banned
 
OldSkoolball#52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,536
Default Re: Would SVG and the Clipps be a good fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
Hopefully for the clipps sake, this small taste of success this past season was enough of a motivator to have sterling man up and pay what it costs for a quality coach.

Hopefully so, but the best case scenario is still just for donald sterling to die ASAP
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nets 2nd round, Knick 37-45
Posts: 14,102
Default Re: Would SVG and the Clipps be a good fit?

Maybe, but since Chris Paul is gone I doubt he can lead this team to playoffs, the ceiling is 1st round.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
OldSkoolball#52
Banned
 
OldSkoolball#52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,536
Default Re: Would SVG and the Clipps be a good fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Maybe, but since Chris Paul is gone I doubt he can lead this team to playoffs, the ceiling is 1st round.


Where he done gone to?
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #8
Fiasco
latsis4everô
 
Fiasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,999
Default Re: Would SVG and the Clipps be a good fit?

I'd take either Van Gundy.
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nets 2nd round, Knick 37-45
Posts: 14,102
Default Re: Would SVG and the Clipps be a good fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
Where he done gone to?

Anywhere that has a better chance to win chips, the Mavs or the Rockets are good shots, both are proven to be more capable than the Clippers when it comes to winning games.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #10
KyleKong
Big Sexy
 
KyleKong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New World Order
Posts: 17,529
Default Re: Would SVG and the Clipps be a good fit?

Both Van Gundys are excellent coaches.

SVG would be good for the Clippers to improve defense tenfold.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #11
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 19,150
Default Re: Would SVG and the Clipps be a good fit?

Anyone but Vinny, and I mean anyone.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #12
Burgz V2
Good college starter
 
Burgz V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,277
Default Re: Would SVG and the Clipps be a good fit?

depends, JVG would have to make a lot of apologies for calling out the Clippers' flopping
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy