Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #16
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The two best shows on television

game of thrones is good. There's been better shows like Oz, Deadwood, The Wire and Rome. In terms of comedy the best at the moment are Peep Show, always sunny, the league, curb and legit. Some of you may not have seen Peep Show as it's english but you should DEFINITELY check it out if you haven't. Classic show.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #17
pinhead
Great young streetballer

pinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
game of thrones is good. There's been better shows like Oz, Deadwood, The Wire and Rome. In terms of comedy the best at the moment are Peep Show, always sunny, the league, curb and legit. Some of you may not have seen Peep Show as it's english but you should DEFINITELY check it out if you haven't. Classic show.

The Peep show kicks ass but it would be lost on Americans.
pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #18
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhead
QI and Would I lie to you? are great english shows too. I was a bit let down by Lee Mack's not going out though because he's funny in everything else he does but the show just has the most annoying side characters (besides the sketch show guy in it with him)
Old 04-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #19
pinhead
Great young streetballer

pinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
QI and Would I lie to you? are great english shows too. I was a bit let down by Lee Mack's not going out though because he's funny in everything else he does but the show just has the most annoying side characters (besides the sketch show guy in it with him)

Tim is the best thing about not going out.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #20
outbreak
Custom User Title

Quote:
Tim is the best thing about not going out.
I've been watching saxondale at the moment is steve coogan's other stuff worth watching? I've seen ads for some of the radio show stuff but it didn't really look funny in the ads, saxondale has been pretty good.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #21
pinhead
Great young streetballer

Quote:
I've been watching saxondale at the moment is steve coogan's other stuff worth watching? I've seen ads for some of the radio show stuff but it didn't really look funny in the ads, saxondale has been pretty good.

You have never watched his Alan Partidge stuff?

If not, do so straight away.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #22
outbreak
Custom User Title

Quote:

I guess that's a good review, I'll try and find it all tonight. Like I said I've seen ads for it and I knew he was famous for that but from the ads it didn't seem too good. I was actually surprised by how good saxondale was when I saw an ep by accident killing time waiting to go out one night.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #23
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation here

spartacus is over... and i already miss it got vikings now, game of thrones i watch confused because i am simple minded fck that cannot remember names or understand their accents
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #24
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Never found Alan Partridge to be all that great, but I really like Coogan.

Anyway two best shows on t.v? Curb and South Park ofcourse.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #25
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I LOVE Peep Show. By far the best comedy of the past 10 years. But it does seem to be pretty divided. Either people love it or they don't like it. Nobody thinks it is just OK.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #26
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Big_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected poster

Always loved Rome, that was the groundbreaker series in the blood and war gore with traces of nudity type series, my favourite TV series are as follows

Oz
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos
Sons of Anarchy
Spartacus
GoT
and my new favourite Vikings
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #27
TheBrewer
Banned

TheBrewer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheBrewer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheBrewer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
Always loved Rome, that was the groundbreaker series in the blood and war gore with traces of nudity type series, my favourite TV series are as follows

Oz
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos
Sons of Anarchy
Spartacus
GoT

and my new favourite Vikings

wow i've watch/ed all of these... how is Oz and vikings? what is it comparable to?
TheBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #28
outbreak
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
I LOVE Peep Show. By far the best comedy of the past 10 years. But it does seem to be pretty divided. Either people love it or they don't like it. Nobody thinks it is just OK.

I thought it was average the first time I saw an episode to be honest. It wasn't until I knew David Mitchell from would I lie to you that I gave it another go and after afew episodes I was hooked. I really think it's the kind of show that needs you to watch more then just one episode to really get into it. There's so many great lines you can re watch episodes easily too.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #29
outbreak
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrewer
wow i've watch/ed all of these... how is Oz and vikings? what is it comparable to?

Oz isn't really comparable to anything, it's a brutal show about prison. Lots of scheming and back stabbing. If your not comfortable with your sexuality though you may be put off by the man on man scenes.
Another show that needs to be mentioned here is Deadwood, I really wish it got another season to tie things up better.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #30
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Basically anything on HBO/FX is amazing. And some of Showtime/Starz/AMC

Choose anything...

Oz
Sopranos
The Wire
Game of Thrones
Spartacus
Dexter
Sons fo Anarchy
Justified
Deadwood
Breaking Bad

Adults Swim has some hilarious shit too in Robot Chicken, Metalocalypse, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Boondocks.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: