Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #31
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Wow, Colin Cowherd is a idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
An idiot? Nah. Dude makes a cool million a year, doing a syndicated sports radio show. He's winning.

dude you quoted meant that op was an idiot for falling for cowherds troll tactics, and paying attention to cowherd.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #32
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
dude you quoted meant that op was an idiot for falling for cowherds troll tactics, and paying attention to cowherd.

I know. I was co-signing his post.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #33
jcsrplumply
Local High School Star

jcsrplumply has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
I think the top 9 is pretty easy to rank

Jordan

Then in no particular order 2-6:
Magic
Russell
Kareem
Wilt
Bird

Then in no particular order 7-9:
Duncan
Shaq
Kobe

Then there is Robertson, Hakeem

LeBron should be in the top 15

And LeBron was blessed with his genetics. That's a stupid statement.
You are definitely one of the miami heat fans that I like.
Most of them guys would rank Lebron #1.

Lebron is one(if not,the most) of the most gifted in this era.
jcsrplumply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #34
comerb
National High School Star

comerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I was just listening to the Bill Simmons podcast from Friday, and they were talking about Lebron and Simmons said that he would rank him as the 7th best player ever. Cowherd asked him who he would rank ahead of him, and Simmons in order said Jordan, Russell, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Wilt. When he first said Kareem, Cowherd said "you can't count big men because they hit the genetic lottery." Does he not understand how incredibly stupid that is? For whatever reason, I love listening to ESPN radio, but man do they say some stupid shit, especially this dude.

Yeah, the genetics reasoning is dumb. Having said that, I don't like putting guards/forwards and centers in the same pool for comparison either. When I rank my all-time I always make two separate lists.
comerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #35
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Almost all NBA players hit the genetic lottery
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #36
jcsrplumply
Local High School Star

jcsrplumply has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABosh
Almost all NBA players hit the genetic lottery
This.

If he is finding a guy who did not hit the genetic lottery he should have picked Muggsy Bogues for his GOAT. But without that statement from him - he is an interesting guy.
jcsrplumply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #37
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
Yeah, poor Lebron wasn't blessed with freak genetics

/thread

Cowherder is useless
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #38
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation

Yes, 7th all time after his 4th MVP is perfectly reasonable and he'll be higher after a second title. The idiots ranking players ahead of LeBron solely based on rings crack me up.

How many 4-time MVP winners are ranked OUTSIDE of the top 5? Let's see... we have Jordan, Kareem, Russell, and Wilt. All of them are unanimously regarded as top 5 all-time greats. So why the double standard for LeBron? Because his career isn't over? Dumb reason. Because he will have two titles and not six? Too bad, so did Wilt.

LeBron is top 5 all-time after this season with an MVP + ring. No question about it.
2010splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #39
che guevara
National High School Star

che guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this board

Both guys are only good for entertainment value, if you want real analysis, look elsewhere.

On Cowherd's show the other day, he was talking with Simmons, and Simmons said that Carmelo's better than Durant at getting to the FT line (wtf) and that he would take Melo over Durant in a playoff series, because Melo is more selfish. It was just retarded.
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #40
PrettyCool
Banned

PrettyCool has no real reputation yet.

Just flip it to Dan Patrick.

Colin Cowherd is hilariously in love with Lebron though. Like another poster said, take a half hour to listen to a segment of the show that isn't even NBA themed and theres a strong chance you'll some random tangent about how great Lebron is.

Even as someone who absolutely hates Lebron, he's still better than Jay Mohr.
PrettyCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #41
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
I think the top 9 is pretty easy to rank

Jordan

Then in no particular order 2-6:
Magic
Russell
Kareem
Wilt
Bird

Then in no particular order 7-9:
Duncan
Shaq
Kobe

Then there is Robertson, Hakeem

LeBron should be in the top 15

And LeBron was blessed with his genetics. That's a stupid statement.
I pretty much agree. With exception to LeBron's rank. Even given his current resume he needs to be in the top ten.

If this guy wins his 4x MVP this year, wins a ring, and another FMVP ... how does he not leap frog Kobe?

That's 2x rings as "the man", same amount as Kobe. 3x more MVPs, and just as many Finals MVPs.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #42
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

i love it when you people hate on people like cowherd and bayless and yet you still spread their stupid opinions over the internet for us to see. Its irony.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #43
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
i love it when you people hate on people like cowherd and bayless and yet you still spread their stupid opinions over the internet for us to see. Its irony.

chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #44
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I love it when people who seem to have no interest in a certain thread actually waste their time reading the thread and responding to it with their opinion about how stupid the topic is. You really don't have anything better to do?
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #45
PrettyCool
Banned

PrettyCool has no real reputation yet.

Quote:

LOL. So you think people should have such an intense hate for these media personality's that they should collectively decide not to talk about them?
PrettyCool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: