Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-27-2006, 03:24 PM   #16
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

They need to trade mo pete in a package with something another team wants, like one of our second round picks, and thenget a high pick again and go for Gay, as well as bargnani. That would be the ideal situation for me.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #17
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Bargnani or Aldridge it's gonna be. Trade Mike James To ATL for number 5 and take Marcus Williams. Trade Mike James and Alvin williams for Earl Watson and 10 (Rondo or Foye)
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #18
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb

My guess is that it’s basically down to Bargnani or Aldridge…..with an 80/20 chance to be #1 for each.

Which one of these guys, that we don't pick, will haunt the Raps in the future?

Which one of these guys is gonna drop 30/15 everytime we play ?

And if it turns out that the guy we picked is not as good as the 2nd or subsequent picks…..then everytime we play that team, there’s always gonna be some article in a newspaper saying how the Raptors *****ed up bigtime by not selecting that player. Everytime…..for the next 12 years.

If we don’t pick Aldridge, I hope he slides all the way down to Minny or Portland….any team besides the Bulls or Bobcats. I don’t want to play him more than 2x a year……cause everytime he’ll have something to prove to the Raps ---- that he should’ve been #1.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #19
Raptorballfan
I airball my layups

Raptorballfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by power works
Which one of these guys is gonna drop 30/15 everytime we play ?

And if it turns out that the guy we picked is not as good as the 2nd or subsequent picks…..then everytime we play that team, there’s always gonna be some article in a newspaper saying how the Raptors *****ed up bigtime by not selecting that player. Everytime…..for the next 12 years.

The only way to avoid that, regardless of who you pick is to pick the best player for your team. Let's assume Bargnani is the best fit here because for whatever reason Aldridge puts on 80 pounds and can't run with the Raps. Aldridge could put up big numbers but not be able to play in our system. If the Raps can have team success, then the rest won't matter.

You don't hear too much about Detroit not selecting Chris Bosh do you? That's because even thought they chose a stiff, their GM was still able to create a successful team. It's important that Brian Colangelo builds a successful team and doesn't draft a bust... as long as whoever we draft goes on to have a successful career, it won't matter which one we pick.
Raptorballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:29 AM   #20
hoopia
I brick open layups

hoopia has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I think I'm done speculating as far as the draft goes. It's so close now and theres about 15 different scenarios that could potentially happen, and quite frankly, my brain hurts. I'll just let it happen and discuss the aftermath after the draft.

I agree with you 100%Chamberlain....I'll just sit back and wait.....we're in good hands.Mr Collangello will continue his magic in turning this franchise around........and hopefully Mr.Geraldhini will bring us the best point guard in europe too.
hoopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #21
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I agree with you 100%Chamberlain....I'll just sit back and wait.....we're in good hands.Mr Collangello will continue his magic in turning this franchise around.

that's right
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #22
hoopia
I brick open layups

hoopia has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopia
............Andrea Bagnani of Italy. Oh well, Its seems like that's what we're gonna hear tonight--and it doesn't sound bad at all Coz either Bagnani or LaMarcus Aldrige should be considered a solid pick but knowing BC,he'll try to maximize the value of this pick.

My question is:What will Collangello end up getting /doing tonite?:confused:

like i said .... we got BAGNANI...mama mia I like tucker as well....hes' the best or better pick in that slot for the RAPs sorry Denham we'll get you someday. Raps. would have taken him at 56 but we all knew he wont fall that far. Good draft Mr.Collangelo.
hoopia is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: