Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #16
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Robinson vs Ewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Agreed. Robinson was too religious in my opinion. He just couldn't be mean enough, and probably thought God had a plan for things so it was out of his hands a bit. (Not that I'm hating on religion or anything)

Like look at the way that Rodman became a scapegoat during his time their. I believe in some special (Beyond the Glory?) Rodman talked about how Robinson wouldn't talk to him but bitch to the media.

Dude just wasn't a strong leader.

Ewing tried to hold people accountable, like what he and Oakley did to Starks after the headbutt on Reggie. That's a big difference.

On top of the statement that Robinson didn't care much that you are referencing. Why you're an athiest You truly believe religion corrupts.
Pointguard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #17
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
On top of the statement that Robinson didn't care much that you are referencing. Why you're an athiest You truly believe religion corrupts.

I posted examples for why I think a certain way. His religion, his attitude towards Rodman, Ewing's incident with Starks.

You don't know what my religious beliefs are.

Religion does have the power to corrupt but I didn't say that he was corrupted by it. When you're raised a certain way and behave in that vein your entire life, it's a part of you.

Also, write in proper sentences please. I am just guessing at what you're trying to say here.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:02 AM   #18
sundizz
Local High School Star

sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation

Best season:

Patrick Ewing (89-90) Regular Season
28.6 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.0 spg, 4.0 bpg on 55% and 76%

Patrick Ewing (92-93, 15 games) Playoffs
25.5 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1.1 spg, 2.1 bpg on 51% and 64%

David Robinson (93-94) Regular Season
29.8 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 4.8 apg, 1.7 spg, 3.3 bpg on 51% and 75%

David Robinson (94-95, 15 games played) Playoffs
25.3 ppg, 12.1 rpg, 3.1 apg, 1.5 spg, 2.6 bpg, on 45% and 81%

Honestly, both of them (in general) had a sizeable dip in their numbers when it came to the playoffs. They both feasted on lesser opponents, but were not as good as Shaq and Hakeem. Both were anchors in different ways. Patrick much more traditional, Robinson much more of a speed and gets his points in many different ways. I think Ewing also faced much much tougher teams his whole career in the playoffs, and he had less talent. He went to some tough game 7's, lost a lot of really close ones. I think he is the better player and anchor. He really singlehandedly kept the Knicks a contender year in and year out. They always just fell a tiny bit short. If he had someone along the levels of a Dwayne Wade, they easily could of stolen 1 or 2 chips no problem.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:50 AM   #19
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Why you're an athiest. You truly believe religion corrupts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I posted examples for why I think a certain way. His religion, his attitude towards Rodman, Ewing's incident with Starks.

You don't know what my religious beliefs are.

Religion does have the power to corrupt but I didn't say that he was corrupted by it. When you're raised a certain way and behave in that vein your entire life, it's a part of you.

Also, write in proper sentences please. I am just guessing at what you're trying to say here.

I pretty sure I know more of your beliefs than you do of David Robinson's. And you said he was "too religious" and went into a litany of things about him. You probably know nothing about the religious beliefs of 90% of all of the players you watch. How are you going to attribute what qualities belong to his religious code. Robinson, this religious man, was one of the few trained killers in the league and he chose that option to be a trained killer. Who are you to say what belongs to his religion? Leadership was also part of his training. Robinson could have simply just not cared for Bball. Or was thinking about his piano lessons. But you are convicted that he was too religious.

I was making light of your conviction.

Ironically, Patrick Ewing and his family would sometimes go to my lady's church.
Pointguard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:08 AM   #20
jstern
College star

jstern has decent reputationjstern has decent reputation

Ewing just had more heart, was more of a warrior. If it weren't for injuries, he would have put up better numbers.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 AM   #21
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here's where I rank the Centers of the 80's and 90's

1. Hakeem
2. Shaq
3. Patrick
4. David
5. Alonzo
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:34 AM   #22
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

Robinson was a bit better all-around player, and smarter as well.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #23
thefatmiral
Decent playground baller

thefatmiral has decent reputation

i was just a wee lad when in their prime match ups but nothing about ewing amazed me, nothing memorable. robinson had the athletic advantage, ewing too big and flat footed to be as effective. ewing is right behind david in center rankings to me.after ewing, mutombo.
thefatmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #24
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

82 regular season games - Admiral

4 rounds of playoffs- Ewing
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: