Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board
Default Mispronounced words that annoy you

Nukular. It's nuclear dammit! Nu-cle-ar.

Melk Apparently this is what you call a glass of milk at Mel's diner.

Eye-talian. F*** that one irritates me.

Warsh. Where did the R come from?

Woof. As in Werewoof, Woof Man, etc. Woof is what he says, not what he is. Idear -there is no "r" in the word "idea"
Axe- it's ask and it is called a library not a liberry.

Last edited by goldenryan : 04-25-2013 at 12:57 PM.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

travelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this board
Default Re: Mispronounced words that annoy you

Lawyer
Caramel
Bengal
travelingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How the hell did you guys not put the bastardization of ask as "Axe" in Capslock lol. edit: good sh!t goldenryan

Anywho British people pronounce schedule as schedule and not skejewel.
and
brownies pronounce aluminum as almuneeyum

Fookin hell add the entire Boston and NYC and Jersey butchering of "r" especially pwarlwar irritating as fukkk my god southern accent sounds better.

Oh and EEROCK (Iraq). IT is not fukking Eyerack. Not only did you mess up one vowel but you butchered ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the vowels of modern day babylonia you fukking phonetic deviants. Newsflash. More often than not AS ARE pronounced as "ahhhhh" e's as "aayyyys" is as "Eeees" os as "ohhs" and us as "oooo". In IndoEuropean languages, Arabic Languages, Latin derived languages. My god.

Speaking proper English is a good thing.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 04-25-2013 at 01:31 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

I dated a chick who said irregardless almost 10 x a day. She was hot as shit and we were only together for fun so I really didn't say nothing about it.

But damn, I wanted to yell "regardless" is the word you are looking for dumb-hot broad. She is now banging chicks and I am sad all the time. Looks like she won the breakup
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

Often

I hate when people pronounce the T
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
I dated a chick who said irregardless almost 10 x a day. She was hot as shit and we were only together for fun so I really didn't say nothing about it.

But damn, I wanted to yell "regardless" is the word you are looking for dumb-hot broad. She is now banging chicks and I am sad all the time. Looks like she won the breakup

Damn you turned her gay. That's rough dude.

Here's some that get in my craw:

Supposeably

For all intensive purposes

I could care less

One of the best ones I've heard came from a patient of mine who needed to sign some documents and asked me if I knew a notary republican.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #8
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenryan
Warsh. Where did the R come from?

For some reason, a lot of people from Warshington say it like that. You'd think you live in the state you should be able to pronounce it!
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Seems I have that effect on women
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #10
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

Probly instead of Probably.

When people extend the 'n' sound and drop the 't' sound in certain words.

"Oriennal Flavor" "Mennal Hospital"

I also get annoyed when white people make no attempt to correctly pronounce Spanish words. The other day we were passing by a taco shop called Vaqueros and my friend pronounced it 'Vuh-ker-ROES'
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan

I also get annoyed when white people make no attempt to correctly pronounce Spanish words. The other day we were passing by a taco shop called Vaqueros and my friend pronounced it 'Vuh-ker-ROES'

I do the second thing, I just realized it as I read your post. I drop the "t" in a lot words.

I also always say "proly" instead of probably
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan

These are characteristics of an American accent. What's your native language?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450
Often

I hate when people pronounce the T
The pronunciation of the T is acceptable.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #14
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

awkward. I don't get why people pronounce it akward?

And when black people mispronounce for real and say fur ruueelll instead
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #15
Geriatric
Old Bum

Geriatric has decent reputationGeriatric has decent reputation

Turrible

or my other Sir Charles favorite

Ath-A-letic
Geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: