Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

mrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Jazz Roster Changes

These players will be free agents at the end of this season, which for one of them (see **) happened a couple weeks ago:

Al Jefferson
Paul Millsap**
Mo Williams
Marvin Williams*
Randy Foye
Earl Watson
Jamaal Tinsley
Demarre Carroll

*Player option

These are the players the Jazz should consider re-signing:

Al Jefferson
Randy Foye
Jamaal Tinsley

Paul and Mo, but Paul in particular, need to get the **** off this team.

That is all.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
WayOfWade
Returning AUG 2015

WayOfWade has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jazz Roster Changes

I'd be fine if the Jazz kept either Millsap or Jefferson, but please, not both. Randy Foye is a must, because now the Jazz finally have a consistent three point shooter.
I'd be sad if Millsap left, because I own a signed jersey of his. But for the betterment of the team, I'd be OK with it.
WayOfWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

mrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfWade
I'd be fine if the Jazz kept either Millsap or Jefferson, but please, not both. Randy Foye is a must, because now the Jazz finally have a consistent three point shooter.
I'd be sad if Millsap left, because I own a signed jersey of his. But for the betterment of the team, I'd be OK with it.

Paul Millsap needs to go. He is the one person that we absolutely cannot re-sign. He can be good, but he has a huge attitude problem. You can tell by watching him.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #4
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jefferson needs to go too. He's a mediocre first option guy, not a legitimate one.

Gamble with Kanter and Favors, basically.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #5
Jolokia
Serious playground baller

Jolokia has decent reputationJolokia has decent reputation

If they want to improve, get rid of both Jefferson and Millsap.

Hopefully you can get something in return for Al Jef for a "closer" or something close. Then they need to pick up some respected and profesional veterans if they want to get serious.
Jolokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #6
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Given how much is coming off the books, what does Jazz Fan think of pursuing Chris Paul in free agency?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Chris Paul would never play in Utah.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #8
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Chris Paul would never play in Utah.

Why?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #9
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
Why?

Would you leave the Clippers to play for the Jazz?
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #10
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall

I was responding more to the "never" part, but I wouldn't look at it as leaving the Clippers. Do we know what he is interested in? Is he happy as a Clipper? Where else would he go that would offer him a better shot at winning AND pay him what he's worth? I think there are a lot more variables, but you definitely have a point.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
These players will be free agents at the end of this season, which for one of them (see **) happened a couple weeks ago:

Al Jefferson
Paul Millsap**
Mo Williams
Marvin Williams*
Randy Foye
Earl Watson
Jamaal Tinsley
Demarre Carroll

*Player option

These are the players the Jazz should consider re-signing:

Al Jefferson
Randy Foye
Jamaal Tinsley

Paul and Mo, but Paul in particular, need to get the **** off this team.

That is all.

I want to see Utah Jazz basketball again. Can't play it with Al on the team. Foye also doesn't fit as a spot up shooter. Tinsley sure.

IMO Jefferson, Foye, Marvin Gaye, Watson and probably Murphy have to go. Depending on what you get in trades for those guys, in the draft and how much their FA's are offered will dictate what else they do.

Quote:
what does Jazz Fan think of pursuing Chris Paul in free agency?

Can't see him giving up money to come to Utah after he asked out of Nawlins.

Quote:

I'd leave LA to go to Utah as many people have.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #12
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
I want to see Utah Jazz basketball again. Can't play it with Al on the team. Foye also doesn't fit as a spot up shooter. Tinsley sure.

IMO Jefferson, Foye, Marvin Gaye, Watson and probably Murphy have to go. Depending on what you get in trades for those guys, in the draft and how much their FA's are offered will dictate what else they do.

Can't see him giving up money to come to Utah after he asked out of Nawlins.

I'd leave LA to go to Utah as many people have.

We have a lot coming off the books. Almost the entire team that are not young guns won't be here next year unless we want them to be. It would matter most how invested we would be in him; for example, would we be able to offer a Buster Posey contract (9 year maximum)? I don't know, but I wanted to see what Jazz Fan thought of that option.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:30 AM   #13
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

@Jazz fans, what's Hayward's development been like this year, he whenever I watch him is one of those guys I always think could be doing more hes super talented.

Favors HAS to start next year its been to long already of him not getting 30+mins a game. Imo they should invest in a above average PG/SG and sign a decent back up bigman if they let both Big Al/Milsap go and that shouldn't be an issue.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:17 AM   #14
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
@Jazz fans, what's Hayward's development been like this year, he whenever I watch him is one of those guys I always think could be doing more hes super talented.

He continues to grow. Hasn't put it all together yet but that's partly on the way they've used him. He's at his best when they are running and playing their patented motion offense where he gets to handle the ball and make plays for himself and others. With the Iso Jefferson behind them next year he should take it to another level.

Quote:
Favors HAS to start next year its been to long already of him not getting 30+mins a game.

Favors not getting minutes is partly on him. He gets into foul trouble and offensively he is limited. He needs to get big minutes next year in a rotation with Kanter and another veteran big man. Who that other big man is should dictate rather he or Kanter start. Ideally one would come off the bench and Kanter is the better player. They would need someone with some offensive ability to start next to Favors.

Quote:
Imo they should invest in a above average PG/SG and sign a decent back up bigman if they let both Big Al/Milsap go and that shouldn't be an issue.

They need combo guards to play with Burks and Hayward. One should come in the draft. Will need a veteran, possibly Mo.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: