Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 09-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #361
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

Quote:
Jared Zwerling: Source: Earl Barron worked out for the #Jazz yesterday.

Twitter @JaredZwerling

vet center
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:06 AM   #362
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...-Aldridge.html

Quote:
"Losing both Al Jefferson and (Paul) Millsap, no matter the circumstances, cannot be spun as having a good summer."

Losing Jefferson was a plus. Losing Millsap, Demarre and Tinsley was tough.

Quote:
he believes the Jazz are a worse team now than at the end of the 2012-13 regular season

You think?

Quote:
In the ratings, Aldridge said Utah's difficulty bringing free agent to the Jazz negatively affected its offseason.

They weren't really trying were there? That would go against the tank that's obviously happening.

Quote:
The Jazz will heavily rely on Derrick Favors and is banking on Trey Burke to rise to the occasion.

scary!

Quote:
There is a lot of different opinions floating around, however it's almost certain the Jazz will struggle in its rebuilding year. Despite this, hope for a brighter future remains still for the Jazz faithful in Salt Lake City.

What else do we have?
Old 09-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #363
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
THE KEY MAN: Forward Derrick Favors. Executive VP Kevin O'Connor wanted him as the centerpiece of the Deron Williams trade two years ago, and the Jazz were willing to let both Jefferson and Millsap bolt, in part, because Utah thinks the 22-year-old Favors is ready for his closeup and a starring role. At the least, Favors will get more than the 23 minutes per game he played last season.

He's a key. Not sure he is the key. How much Burks, Kanter, Burke and others can step up I think could be bigger.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:16 AM   #364
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Mark Woods: Alexis Ajinca has a NBA out from Strasbourg until September 30. If he plays like this, he might get a camp invite from someone.

Twitter @markbritball

I doubt an invite is a problem. Probably looking for some kind of guarantee at least. Jazz only have 14. need some camp bodies I'd think.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #365
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

The New York Knicks coaching staff would like to sign Earl Barron, but team management is not in any rush to do so, according to a source close to the veteran free-agent center. "The Knicks coaches want Earl, but ownership wants to wait," the source told Bleacher Report. Bleacher Report

A second source familiar with the Knicks' free-agency plans confirmed they are interested in Barron, 32, who appeared in seven games (six starts) for the Knicks in 2009-10, averaging 11.7 points and 11.0 rebounds over 33.1 minutes. Last seasonwhile he only played in one regular-season game for the Knicks, an 11-point, 18-rebound performance on April 17 against the Atlanta Hawksthe source said he impressed Knicks coach Mike Woodson during his short stint. "I think Mike Woodson likes him a lot because of the professionalism he showed this year," the source said recently. "He went from a vacationa weekend trip with his familyto flying into D.C., drove to the airport and flew to New York and got in at midnight. He worked out for the coaches at 6 o'clock that morning, took the physical after that and then played 36 minutes that same night, and he had almost 20 boards. Earl kept his body right." Bleacher Report

One of the likely reasons why the Knicks are not all in agreement on signing Barron is that they're still evaluating other centersone of whom is Hamed Haddadi, who worked out for the Knicks last month. "Still not finalized with Hamed. Hope/expect to get closure this week," a source close to Haddadi said via text message. "Don't think it will be New York, but not done." Bleacher Report
Old 09-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #366
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Steve Luhm: Lindsey says "there's no going back." The Jazz are committed to seeing if young core (Hayward, Favors, Burks, Kanter, Burke) is good enough. Twitter @sluhm

Good enough for what? One of the worst records ever?
Old 09-24-2013, 02:51 AM   #367
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Free agent guard Xavier Silas is accepting a training camp deal with the Washington Wizards, a league source told RealGM.

Silas had worked out for the Utah Jazz recently, but he took the Wizards' invitation to camp, where he'll battle Josh Childress -- among others -- for a spot on Washington's regular season roster.

Silas, 25, went undrafted in 2011, earning a contract with the Philadelphia 76ers in that offseason. He played 38 minutes and scored 11 points over two games in the 2011-12 season.

Silas participated in the Las Vegas summer league in July with the Milwaukee Bucks.

Via Shams Charania/RealGM
Old 09-24-2013, 02:54 AM   #368
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

http://basketball.realgm.com/article...ee-Agent-Class
Old 09-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #369
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Mark Deeks: The Jazz have signed Scott Machado. Twitter @MarkDeeksNBA

He seemed like a good fit a year ago. Now I'm not so sure. 15 for camp now.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #370
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Bill Oram: Jazz announce PG Jerel McNeal has been waived. D-League call-up had two 10 contracts last season w/ Jazz, appeared in Orlando Summer League. Twitter @tribjazz

Didn't expect him to make the team. I'd think they'd need some camp bodies though. 14 is all you got for us?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #371
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Shams Charania: Free agent center Dwayne Jones has agreed to a non-guaranteed deal with the Utah Jazz, source tells RealGM. Jones closed '12-13 w/ Warriors. Twitter @ShamsCharania

And there we have it! He's the vet center I guess. He rebounds. Has some experience. I can see him making the team at least until contracts become guaranteed or they take on someone elses crap for draft picks.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #372
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
I definitely think [I can be a franchise player], Burke said. Its been my dream all my life, not just to get to the NBA, but make an impact in the NBA and be a strong name. Growing up, I watched Allen Iverson. Recently, I went out to Spokane to work out with John Stockton. Last year, I went to Chris Pauls camp and got to pick his brain a little bit. Ive studied these smaller guys like myself and I want to have a similar impact on the game. I definitely think its a good opportunity to come out here to the Utah Jazz and have the keys in my hands from day one. HoopsWorld

Worked out with John as I was hoping. Deron did for at least his first couple summers. Hopefully more Stock and Paul than AI to his game! Still think Hayward should have the keys and than Burks. Ease this kid in.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #373
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Burke wants to lead the Jazz to the postseason, possibly as early as the 2013-14 season.
Im really looking forward to competing in the playoffs, and I want it to be this year, Burke said. Im going to compete and fight, so is everybody else on our team. Were all going to compete and fight. It should be a fun year and thats one of our goals. Our number one goal is to make the playoffs and go from there. Hopefully we can come together and do so. Im looking forward to it.

I'm afraid that's not the number one goal of the front office. If it was you probably wouldn't be starting.

Quote:
While winning is clearly the most important thing to Burke, he also admits that hed love to bring home Rookie of the Year honors. Burke believes he be a difference maker for the Jazz, and take home to the award.
I definitely think I can potentially get that award, Burke said of Rookie of the Year. Coming off the season I had last year, Im a confident player. My confidence is my strength. I definitely think there is a good chance that I could win it.
Burke certainly doesnt lack confidence. When told that hell have to face All-Star point guards like Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams, Tony Parker and Kyrie Irving in the first few months of his career, Burke doesnt seem concerned at all. In fact, hes looking forward to going at the NBAs elite floor generals.
They have to guard me just like I have to guard them, Burke said with confidence. There are so many talented point guards young ones and ones that are in their prime right now so I definitely think its the most challenging position, but Im willing to embrace that challenge. Im definitely ready to embrace it. Ive been ready my whole life, from the top level of AAU to high school to college to now here in the NBA. Its my dream to be here, so its nothing that Im concerned about. I just have to go in there and be confident. Im ready to embrace my opponent every night in and night out.
Burke has already won over his teammates, who have been impressed with his work ethic and abilities. Alec Burks, who played alongside Burke in the Orlando Summer League and worked out with him this summer, raves about the rookie.
He makes everyone better, Burks said of his new backcourt partner. Hes a great passer. He can shoot it. Hes someone who is going to draw defenses to him, so that makes my life easier. Hes going to make all of us better. Hes a really good player. Were going to playing together a lot so weve got to get that chemistry down and then just get better together.

Good to hear him and Alec have been working on their chemistry together anyway.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #374
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

I'd think all their ball handlers could benefit from time in Spokane with John. Hayward, Burks, Clark and Neto.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #375
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
I'd think all their ball handlers could benefit from time in Spokane with John. Hayward, Burks, Clark and Neto.
Certainly couldn't hurt, just as the bigs should all spend time with Malone.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: