Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

Default The Ricin Guy was an Elvis impersonator and a Conspiracy Theorist

So the guy who sent a Ricin to the White House and a couple of senators was among other things an Elvis impersonator and a conspiracy theorist.

Quote:
Through decades of dead-end day jobs, Curtis’s mainstay has been night and weekend gigs as a celebrity impersonator. He has dressed up and performed at weddings and at parties as Prince, Buddy Holly and Kid Rock, but most often as none other than Elvis Presley — not just anywhere in Mississippi, but in The King’s native Tupelo.

Curtis and his family and friends have, over many years, amassed a library of videos and photos, many posted online, that show him singing and dancing with a distinctive curled upper lip and thick sideburns.....{he} was also a well-practiced conspiracy theorist. He wrote online that Elvis-impersonating contests had become rigged and politicized.

Many of his diatribes revolved around conspiracy theories, on which he blamed many of the malignancies in his life. The broken relationships, the financial duress, the increasing isolation he perceived — all grew out of a 2001 episode, when he was working in a morgue as a contract cleaner, according to an online post on ripoffreport.com, which was signed, “I am Kevin Curtis and I approve this message.”

According to the long, detailed post, Curtis accidentally discovered bags of body parts in the morgue and reported his finding to authorities, who immediately made him a “person of interest where my every move was watched and video taped.” He described cameras zooming in on him and said he was followed by agents.

.....In a Facebook post apparently authored by Curtis around 2 a.m. Wednesday — some 15 hours before federal agents arrested him in his simple brick home in Corinth, Miss. — he wrote that he was on the “hidden front lines of a secret war.”

“My mother wants me to SHUT UP. My brothers fear me. My sister hates me. . . . I have lost most of my friends,” the post reads. “I have spent more than $130,000 on legal fee’s in 13.5 years. . . . They destroyed my marriage, they distracted my career, they stalked, they trolled, they came into my home, took my computers, had me arrested 22 times and guess what? I am still a thorn in the corrupt anals! I will remain here until Jesus Christ decides its time for me to go.”
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Default Re: The Ricin Guy was an Elvis impersonator and a Conspiracy Theorist

ISH member
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
shlver
코비=GOAT

Wow, there are some really crazy people I guess. It's kind of scary actually.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
ISH member

You know Dooms hasn't posted in quite awhile.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Oh, this is all a conspiracy.

His background was fabricated to make conspiracy theorists look crazy and less credible.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

extreme thinking people are just that, extreme. whether its terrorists, drug cartels, westboro baptist church or conspiracy theorists. its an extreme end of the spectrum thinking that is bad for our society.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

Default The Elvis impersonator is innocent!

All Charges Dismissed! I apologize to Paul Kevin Curtis and the entire Elvis-impersonating community
Quote:
Federal officials have dismissed charges against Paul Kevin Curtis, a Mississippi-based Elvis impersonator originally charged in connection with mailing ricin to lawmakers, because an "ongoing investigation has revealed new information," a federal official said in a court filing late Tuesday.

Curtis was released from jail earlier Tuesday. His attorney has scheduled a press conference for Tuesday evening.

FBI agents were searching the home of another Mississippi man, Everett Dutschke, on Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...nclick_check=1
Quote:
After United States Magistrate Judge Allan Alexander issued an order for dismissal against the man accused of sending ricin-laced letters to President Barack Obama and two other politicians, the nation has turned its eye to J. Everett Dutschke, a disgraced former politician whose house was searched Tuesday by federal authorities for links to the case.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

This dude's pictures are hilarious
Old 04-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

Default Re: The Elvis impersonator is innocent!

So basically the story seems to be that the Elvis impersonator was set up by the Taekwondo Instructor/failed politician.

Here's a photo of the failed politician from January of this year

Quote:
James Everette Dutschke, of Tupelo, was brought before Lee County Justice Court Judge Rickey Thompson on Jan. 22. Dutschke was charged with one count of child molestation, each from the Lee County Sheriff’s Department and the City of Tupelo Police Department.

“His bond was set at $500,000 for us, and another $500,000 for the city for a total of $1 million,” Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson said. “He would have to obtain a bail bondsman under the authority of the judge. He could not do a property bond but I wouldn’t approve it anyway.”

Dutschke, 41, the owner of Tupelo Taekwondo Plus, was taken into custody at his business without incident on Jan. 18.

“The allegations took place at his business,” Johnson said. “The child was a 7-year-old female. We had a member of the family of this child report it to us.”

Thompson asked Dutschke if he could afford an attorney.

“Yes sir, in due course, I’ll make sure I’ll get one,” Dutschke said.

The judge warned the karate instructor that he was not to have any contact with anyone associated with the karate school, any of the families, or even any third parties.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

Default Re: The Elvis impersonator is innocent!

Here's the failed Congressional Candidate/child molestation suspect in better times

So here he is talking to Senator Wicker of Mississippi. Senator Wicker is one of the folks who received a ricin letter.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 04-23-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #11
HarryCallahan
Banned

What a great scape-goat the Elvis impersonator was.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Nowhere in that article indicates he's a conspiracy nut. Sounds more like a paranoid schizo to me.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:52 AM   #13
BigDipper13
I airball my layups

crazy story
BigDipper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #14
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

He's still half a douchebag

Old 04-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #15
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

Default They arrested the congressional candidate/taekwando/child molestation suspect!

The FBI arrested the other guy in the RICIN Case.
Quote:
A spokeswoman for the Federal Bureau of Investigation confirmed J. Everett Dutschke, the man at the center of the investigation into ricin-tainted letters sent to President Barack Obama and other officials, was arrested at his home in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

"James Everett Dutschke was arrested, without incident, at his residence in Tupelo, MS, at approximately 12:50 a.m. Saturday, April 27, by Special Agents of the FBI," Deborah Madden, a spokeswoman for the FBI's Jackson, Mississippi field office told Talking Points Memo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Here's the failed Congressional Candidate/child molestation suspect in better times

So here he is talking to Senator Wicker of Mississippi. Senator Wicker is one of the folks who received a ricin letter.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: