Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-21-2013, 02:54 AM   #1
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default World Team toasted Team USA at Nike Hoop Summit

SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:03 AM   #2
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation
Default Re: World Team toasted Team USA at Nike Hoop Summit

it was a badly constructed Team USA, no legit size and no true shooters

Would have liked to have seen Williams-Goss, Johnson, Walker and Young on the team
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow NWG is so underrated. I think he could be the best PG in the Pac-12 in a few seasons.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

surprised Chris Walker wasnt on the US team. That kid from France was one full beast mode, to be expected though considering he's been playing as a pro
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I found this really enjoyable to watch.

A few things that jumped out at me.

The Harrison twins have the look physically. They pop athletically in the back court not just in terms of speed, but strength.
The PG going to ND, Demetrius Jackson, was also a physical presence.
Julius Randle has some real beast qualities. He reminded me of a young Chris Webber on a couple trips. He went by someone baseline and reverse dunked in traffic in a way that made me believe.
I found that I liked what little I saw of Bobby Portis, as a big athlete who's active and moving around a lot.
Aaron Gordon looks to me like he has the most room to develop. He's physically impressive without looking overdeveloped.

On the international side, there were guys I knew a lot less about, but wound up looking into them after the fact.

I continue to be less impressed with Wiggins than I feel like I'm supposed to be. He can score, but everytime I've seen him it comes in such spurts. Even in this game he finished with 17, but he had a streak of 6 in a row. He never feels like he's dominating the game, and imposing his scoring will on the game in a way that I've been led to believe he will.
Livio Jean-Charles had the big numbers game, but a lot of it seemed to just be the result of being in the right place. It doesn't mean he's not skilled, but I didn't finish that game thinking he was even close to the best player out there.
Karl Towns was physically imposing, but the Joel Embiid kid was even more impressive physically with his combo of size and quickness. The International team was just too big for us.
And when you have a big team against you, you want to run, but frankly the international team had the best Guard on the court too. Germany's Dennis Schroeder blew me away. He was by far the quickest guy on the floor, and he did it without being small, he's long as hell, even if not as physical as most of the american kids, and his stop and start was all over the place, not just an end to end guy. I was hugely impressed with him, and had honestly never even heard of him. Looking him up afterward it seems like he's making a good case for himself as a pro very soon. He's a nightmare defensively, and so creative with the ball.
Also, the Russian kid playing next to him was a joy to watch. Sergey Karasev, who was oversized by guard standards these days, seemed a little slow, but so skilled, and seemed to have great vision. Plus his shot looked pure. The ball handling was really crafty, and he threw a bunch of those passes, like the through the legs on the pick and roll, that showed a really good feel for playing. And his decision making, small things like after Schroeder blew threw the press, he'd throw a wild pass out to Karasev who (showed he's got really good hands on a few catches) displayed a nice head for the game for by retreating instead of pushing.

Those two guys were both really impressive to me.

And the announcers did a good job, and what felt like excuses for the american kids made a lot of sense, in terms of the international team having a week of practice that the americans didn't get, and their coaches have been running the same system for years apparently.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is it right to feel worried for Andrew Wiggins that he has yet to win MVP of one of these all star games.

Shouldn't (if he is 'next') this be his coming out party?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

isnt wiggins supposed to be really fatigued by all this traveling? so that kinda explains why he isnt dominating these games

as for him not taking over this game, he had a lot of talent around him, and it doesnt sound like his team really needed him to carry them.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: