Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 AM   #136
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

Amare is probably coming back for game 3.
He'll surely be rusty but I don't have anything against him playing a few minutes if he's going to play instead of Novak. But if he's going to take Kenyon's minutes I have problem with that.
Woodson better be careful,playoffs aren't some meaningless regular season games so you can experiment and bring players back into the form.

I don't say we shouldn't play Amare,I just say Woodson should be careful whose minutes he'll take away and have no trouble putting him back on the bench if he's hurting us.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #137
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I dont know if I ever commented on your proposal.

I do understand why you think this would work. Your logic and on paper it does make sense.

I dont like it because he is a volume shooter and not efficient. Maybe with Melo they can give each other space for better looks.
Stat and Bargs are not healthy players.
Bargs is a liability on the defensive end, not a rebounder, and not a great passer.
The Knicks will have to take back Landry Fields in the deal.

I rather keep Stat than take back Bargs and Landry.
Yeah the main reason is how perfectly Bargnani would compliment Carmelo. I believe it would move Carmelo closer to the basket with that space.

Bargnani is a better defender than amare and has way more to his offensive game than just a shooter.

I can't understand the idea of not being willing to swap amare and Bargnani even if that meant fields. Knicks will pay a Richardson 3 mill and Novak over 5. If you could pawn one of them off and take kleizas expiring deal it would be even better. Fields would be nice to have- as a 4th wing, not as a starter this time.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #138
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize

I almost KNEW this season would be the finale in which you finally let that Amare for Bargnani thing go. Alas....I was wrong Dude...Bargnani is hated in Toronto worse than Alex Rodriguez is in New York lol Let it go man. He's done nothing this year. What's your infatuation with us trading for this guy?
now is when there is actually a chance Toronto moves him- of course it's not over.

Lets go amare- build some value. The toughest thing about trying to trade amare is that everyone will want shumpert to go with him
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #139
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

jr is questionable tonight with an illness
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #140
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll give an in depth opinion later on but for right now....Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd need to go back to Dallas. Straight bums! Only one person shot 50% on the Pacers...Chandler's man. He got COOKED
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #141
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i take it back clutch, chandler totally sucked
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:02 AM   #142
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The whole team played like crap.

Ironically Jason Kidd had more rebounds than our starting 4 and 5.

The Pacers scored 82 points and had 17 turnovers....and won.

When the coach in two out of three postgames has to questions his teams effort, i really dont see how any of these guys can be defended.

Shump coming off a torn acl had the same amount of rebounds as Tyson and Carmelo COMBINED.

The youngest kid on the block can't be the only guy showing some heart.

A total no show by all the guys with bigger paychecks.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #143
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tyson: 9 points,5 rebounds
Hibbert: 24 points,12 rebounds

I won't even write an essay about how much Tyson sucks. If you know basketball you'll see it,if you don't then I can't help you about it. We need to trade this bum while we still can.
I won't even start talking about how Jason Kidd scored 0 points in the last 7 games and how J.R.Smith has been completely useless since the game 3 in Boston.
I won't blame Raymond Felton because he's maybe the main reason we got here and has basically been our most consistent player throughout the playoffs.

What I want to say is that the Pacers are simply the better team. Not more talented one but a better one.
They rebound better. They defend better. Heck,even their offense look much better than ours. Not to mention how their effort is clearly on a higher level.
Woodson is being outcoached,players aren't playing with effort and basically everyone is playing as bad as they can.

I'm satisfied we got out of the 1st round,that's all I was asking for. However,I thought we would at least play better in the 2nd round. I didn't expect Pacers to rape us. Knicks just look completely outmatched and this series will be over in 5 or 6. Maybe we'll get game 5 at home and that's about it.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #144
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You guys are real funny with your blame game.

I actually question how long you've watched the sport.

The team in entirety played like ass
Old 05-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #145
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
You guys are real funny with your blame game.

I actually question how long you've watched the sport.

The team in entirety played like ass
Entire team deserves the blame for the last night's loss because not a single guy played well.

But there are guys that didn't play well last night(Felton,Shumpert),guys who haven't played well for a stretch of games (Melo,J.R.) and guys who sucked their whole playoff career in a Knicks jersey (Tyson).
There's a difference. I won't blame Shumpert because he gives 110% out there. I won't blame Felton because he's one of the main reasons we've got this far.
But I'll easily blame "DPOY" Tyson who sucks for the 2nd year in a row and is getting embarrassed by Roy Hibbert,who's average offensive player AT BEST.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #146
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Entire team deserves the blame for the last night's loss because not a single guy played well.

But there are guys that didn't play well last night(Felton,Shumpert),guys who haven't played well for a stretch of games (Melo,J.R.) and guys who sucked their whole playoff career in a Knicks jersey (Tyson).
There's a difference. I won't blame Shumpert because he gives 110% out there. I won't blame Felton because he's one of the main reasons we've got this far.
But I'll easily blame "DPOY" Tyson who sucks for the 2nd year in a row and is getting embarrassed by Roy Hibbert,who's average offensive player AT BEST.
The games are not interconnected, if you played bad, you played bad.

There is no difference.

I could say Melo hasn't showed up in the playoffs either with a 39% shooting average.

37% in his first postseason, 41% in his second, 39% currently.

Ironically the shot attempts go up, but the % goes down, as do the assists....22, 24, 25 fga's....4 dimes, 2 dimes, 1 dime.

Tyson has played like garbage, no one denies that.

But alot of players havent showed up for the Knicks in the playoffs.

It's one thing to watch LeBron play an efficient game, we know Melo is not anywhere near that level.

But even the second best player has upped his game....

32 points 9 rebounds 6 assists 1 steal 1 block on 49% shooting.

When is Melo gonna up his game in a Knicks uniform?

I forgot, everyone is happy with a first round series win.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #147
Clutch
NBA Legend

Melo and Tyson are getting paid almost the same.

Melo is being compared with LeBron and Durant,two of the best players in the game.
Even though he played bad he's still averaging 27/8/3 on 41% shooting.
On the other hand,Tyson is having worse numbers than Johan Petro.

Tyson vs Pacers:
7 points,4 rebounds in 29.7 minutes
Per 36 minutes: 8.5 points,4.8 rebounds

Petro vs Pacers:
4.8 points,3.7 rebounds in 16.8 minutes
Per 36 minutes: 10.2 points,7.9 rebounds

Conclusion:
LeBron/Durant > Melo
Johan Petro > Tyson

I'll leave it at that.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #148
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Melo and Tyson are getting paid almost the same.

Melo is being compared with LeBron and Durant,two of the best players in the game.
Even though he played bad he's still averaging 27/8/3 on 41% shooting.
On the other hand,Tyson is having worse numbers than Johan Petro.

Tyson vs Pacers:
7 points,4 rebounds in 29.7 minutes
Per 36 minutes: 8.5 points,4.8 rebounds

Petro vs Pacers:
4.8 points,3.7 rebounds in 16.8 minutes
Per 36 minutes: 10.2 points,7.9 rebounds

Conclusion:
LeBron/Durant > Melo
Johan Petro > Tyson

I'll leave it at that.
41% shooting is disgusting.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #149
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
41% shooting is disgusting.
That's all you can say ? 41% is not good but isn't a disaster either,especially when playing against one of the top defensive teams in the league.

On the other hand being "DPOY" who's getting payed $10+ mil. and having worse numbers than Johan Petro in a playoff series is embarrassing.

Come on knickscity,you're better than that. Tyson is the main reason we're down in this series. Not the only one but the main one. We're getting killed on the glass and Roy Hibbert is killing us. We brought Tyson to defend and rebound. When he's not doing those things then he's a scrub out there.
Yeah,Melo hasn't played well but bench him and we're going to lose for sure. Bench Tyson for Camby/Kenyon/maybe even Copeland and we might actually be better. That's a huge difference.

Sorry to break this one for you but your 2 favorite guys just suck. Kidd hasn't scored in the last 7 games and Tyson is getting embarrassed by Hibbert. You can bash Melo all you want but he's not the main reason why we're losing. Tyson is.

Last edited by Clutch : 05-12-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #150
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
That's all you can say ? 41% is not good but isn't a disaster either,especially when playing against one of the top defensive teams in the league.

On the other hand being "DPOY" who's getting payed $10+ mil. and having worse numbers than Johan Petro in a playoff series is embarrassing.

Come on knickscity,you're better than that. Tyson is the main reason we're down in this series. Not the only one but the main one. We're getting killed on the glass and Roy Hibbert is killing us. We brought Tyson to defend and rebound. When he's not doing those things then he's a scrub out there.
Yeah,Melo hasn't played well but bench him and we're going to lose for sure. Bench Tyson for Camby/Kenyon/maybe even Copeland and we might actually be better. That's a huge difference.

Sorry to break this one for you but your 2 favorite guys just suck. Kidd hasn't scored in the last 7 games and Tyson is getting embarrassed by Hibbert. You can bash Melo all you want but he's not the main reason why we're losing. Tyson is.
When melo doesn't score or pass, the Knicks lose.

we saw this yesterday.

I have no issues saying tyson has been bad this year, he has.

But if you think the reason why the team lost yesterday was primarily Tyson, your'e nuts.

For the record my favorite player is actually Shumpert.

I dont mind Melo, but i dont like his game.

Hibbert is an all star center, and he is better than Tyson, not even sure why you would think he'd win the matchup.

But Paul George is owning the supposed best scorer in the NBA by a monumental landslide.

The team wont win with a 41%, no pass, turnover machine.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: