Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #166
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

This is just Knickscity's way of saying "at the end of the day, the lionshare of the blame has to be on Melo....regardless." Melo did not cost us that game yesterday. Did he shoot great? no. But his shooting went downhill when the game was getting out of hand and we couldn't score to save our life.

End of the day, the 2 players I TOLD YOU were overpaid and overrated from jump are absolutely KILLING us. Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd need to find a way to go back to Dallas. I do not want to see them in a Knicks uniform. Period. I'm done with those herbs.

If I pay a this clown 14 million dollars SOLELY for defense, I expect him to do just that. Roy Hibbert COOKED that bumass dude. Kevin Garnett COOKED that clown. You can say what you want about shooting %. Melo showed up. Shumpert showed up. Tyson Chandler hasn't done jackshit for us in the playoffs.

Not this year
Not last year.
Probably not next year.

I'm done sugar coatin it. If he doesn't show up, he needs to be TRADED. I can think of a hell of a lot more things to do with 14 million dollars.

I can tolerate not making shots. I can't tolerate lack of effort...especially when you don't do $H!T else! I'm tired of hearing this dude is a "champion" and "great defender" and "terrific leader". Yet all I see is a guy playing like a loser. Getting embarassed in two straight playoff series. And he's getting costly technical foul calls. Until he shows up, this fool is dead to me. Woody needs to let Earl Barron dress. Camby is clearly hurt still.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #167
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

SO the reason the Knicks are losing is because of Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd. Good to know.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #168
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Franchize I know this hurts your feelings, It bothers me as well, I just will not turn a nose up to it.

Tyson and Kidd were winners prior to coming to the Knicks, but they weren't the main reason....Dirk and his efficient shooting was.

But to think that Melo will not get the bulk of the blame when the entire offense is catered to him, and guys were brought in to do the things he doesn't consistently do is totally on him.

I've been on Melo this entire year, because the time is now.

If you can't will your team to beat a team that scored 82 points and had 17 turnovers, there is nothing to be said.

Superstars get the job done, until they do, they are losers, and all faced those words until they did it.

@rameek I saw your post and agree 100%.

If melo was getting the job done, he'd hear no flack, but he can't even do the only thing he does well.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #169
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
SO the reason the Knicks are losing is because of Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd. Good to know.
At least hibbert is a better center than tyson.

But how they hell did West get as many offensive rebounds as Melo had total?
Old 05-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #170
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Hold the horses......

Shump is shooting over 45% from the field and threes.

Dont lump him with Melo's 39% from the field and 29% from three.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #171
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Shump has impressed me. He found a game despite an ISO happy team which is hard to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
knickcity I agree with you. As a whole this team played poorly but the Pacers played great defense. The Knicks didnt play bad defense but when they made mistakes in the rotation or doubled the Pacers made the right pass and hit open shots. I couldnt believe how the paint always looked packed and the perimeter players were covered. How can that happen were they playing with 8 guys on the hardwood?

Playoff games are when superstars show up and lead teams to victories. They take the team on their shoulders and does whatever it takes for the team to win. Role players get the blame when stars get it done. If you build a team to revolve around a scorer then yeah of course what Melo does and doesnt do will effect the outcome more than any other player.

You have to understand basketball a little better if you think the outcome of this series is going to be based on what the role players do more than Melo. The blame will go this way what Melo did and didnt do, what Woody did an didnt do, then Jr. Smith on the offensive end then everyone else. That's the way it should be!

39% FG
28pts on 26 shots a game
1.7 assist per game
1.2 steals per game
.11 blocks per game
2.14 turn over per game

How do these numbers equate to a strong showing?

I dont want to get in the blame game so I wont. Melo is a great volume scorer he isnt anything else. If you put him on superstar status then I and every Knick fan can crucify him for what he isnt! Don't mention Tyson's salary in comparison to what Melo makes.

This team has to make the extra pass and minimize the mental lapses on defense.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #172
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
At least hibbert is a better center than tyson.

But how they hell did West get as many offensive rebounds as Melo had total?

Because he's a power forward and Melo is about 20 lbs lighter than him. You are looking real biased out here Knickscity. To the point where you're saying stuff that even yu know makes ZERO sense. Cmon dog. We're gonna complain about Melo's rebounding? He's outrebounding Tyson Chandler. He had the same amount of rebounds than him last game. Shumpert is outrebounding Tyson Chandler.

You sound ridiculous dude. Seriously. Everything Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd apologists use to defend them have to do with what they did in DALLAS. WTF does that have to do with the NY Knicks?

If you want to blame the one guy who scored in double figures for the fact we didn't win. So be it. End of the day, we have ONE scorer out there and are playing against a solid defensive team. You expect a professional basketball team to let the ONE player that can beat them, destroy them? Cmon son. Cut the shit dude. Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd are killing us and if you don't admit that....you're just being biased as ****.

Jason Kidd has gone SEVEN GAMES without scoring. Tyson Chandler has gotten KILLED by Kevin Garnett and KILLED by Roy Hibbert. Guys who are FAR from dominant. He hasn't rebounding. He can't score. He hasn't done ANYTHING on the court.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #173
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Because he's a power forward and Melo is about 20 lbs lighter than him. You are looking real biased out here Knickscity. To the point where you're saying stuff that even yu know makes ZERO sense. Cmon dog. We're gonna complain about Melo's rebounding? He's outrebounding Tyson Chandler. He had the same amount of rebounds than him last game. Shumpert is outrebounding Tyson Chandler.

You sound ridiculous dude. Seriously. Everything Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd apologists use to defend them have to do with what they did in DALLAS. WTF does that have to do with the NY Knicks?

If you want to blame the one guy who scored in double figures for the fact we didn't win. So be it. End of the day, we have ONE scorer out there and are playing against a solid defensive team. You expect a professional basketball team to let the ONE player that can beat them, destroy them? Cmon son. Cut the shit dude. Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd are killing us and if you don't admit that....you're just being biased as ****.

Jason Kidd has gone SEVEN GAMES without scoring. Tyson Chandler has gotten KILLED by Kevin Garnett and KILLED by Roy Hibbert. Guys who are FAR from dominant. He hasn't rebounding. He can't score. He hasn't done ANYTHING on the court.
Tyson is getting worked by players who are better....not surprised.

Melo hasn't been the best player in this series, but the conseus is that he is.

Kidd attempts 4 shots a game.

ironically melo ususally starts every game 1 fer or 0 fer, he just gets 25 more chances to skew his average.

Melo aint playing like a superstar if he was you'd hear zero complaints.

Franchize, Tyson has been awful, so has Kidd....but those guys are ROLE PLAYERS.

Why wont you admit that the teams superstar has played like dog shit?
Old 05-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #174
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Yo forreal...yall are my boys...but this is starting to become the epitome of why I hate listening fellow Knicks fans. Yall be on some straight BS sometimes. Call a ****in spade a spade. This is why, when we get superstars, they get run outta town. Because we overglorify the role players that SUCKS. Knickscity loved him some Jared Jeffries. He SUCKED. Stay defending Tyson Chandler. He SUCKS. We get stars and don't surround them with talent. Then, we want to harp on their shortcomings instead of pointing to their lack of help.

Jason Kidd SUCKS
Tyson Chandler is a NO SHOW IN THE PLAYOFFS!

They play MAJOR minutes and take of SIGNIFICANT salary. If you are going to sit there and tell me "that doesn't matter. If Melo plays well, we'll win." Then you don't know anything about basketball. I'm sorry. There are 5 players on each team for a reason. LeBron didn't win a ring without help. Jordan didn't win without help. Kobe didn't win without help. If you are going to sit here and tell me that Melo is supposed to win with guys getting MAJOR minutes and not contributing ANYTHING...then you are just being Mike Breen biased. I'm sorry. That's just being ignorant and stupid.

You might as well just say now...when we lose...I'm going to blame Melo.

Tired of bumass dudes riding guys coattails and getting all the credit. Tyson Chandler was like the 5th best player on that Dallas team. Kidd got outplayed by JJ Barea. And even if you disagree, what they did in Dallas doesn't have jackshit to do with their play as Knicks.

All I know is, ony ONE player shot 50%. Only ONE guy on their team got over 20 points. Only ONE player dominated last night for the Pacers...and that was Roy Hibbert.

And Rameek...I CAN compare money. Melo has earn his money FAR more than Tyson Chandler has. You don't want me to go to the numbers. Not even close.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #175
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Tyson is getting worked by players who are better....not surprised.

Melo hasn't been the best player in this series, but the conseus is that he is.

Kidd attempts 4 shots a game.

ironically melo ususally starts every game 1 fer or 0 fer, he just gets 25 more chances to skew his average.

Melo aint playing like a superstar if he was you'd hear zero complaints.

Franchize, Tyson has been awful, so has Kidd....but those guys are ROLE PLAYERS.

Why wont you admit that the teams superstar has played like dog shit?

Because he hasn't played like dog shit. You are WRONG. Has he shot a poor percentage? Yes. But he hasn't played like dog shit. I TOTALLY disagree. Jason Kidd gets over 25 minutes a game...and he hasn't scored ONE BASKET IN SEVEN GAMES. Tyson Chandler gets 14 million dollars...and now all of a sudden he's "just a role player"? But you weren't saying that when we signed him. Nobody was. People were talking this "big three" bullshit. Too bad only ONE GUY seems to show up.

I don't get how every year, we lose guys, guys don't step up, we do a shitty job in Free Agency and Draft Night...and you just sit back and act like that's not supposed to have any effect. Cmon man. That's being ridiculous.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #176
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Because he hasn't played like dog shit. You are WRONG. Has he shot a poor percentage? Yes. But he hasn't played like dog shit. I TOTALLY disagree. Jason Kidd gets over 25 minutes a game...and he hasn't scored ONE BASKET IN SEVEN GAMES. Tyson Chandler gets 14 million dollars...and now all of a sudden he's "just a role player"? But you weren't saying that when we signed him. Nobody was. People were talking this "big three" bullshit. Too bad only ONE GUY seems to show up.

I don't get how every year, we lose guys, guys don't step up, we do a shitty job in Free Agency and Draft Night...and you just sit back and act like that's not supposed to have any effect. Cmon man. That's being ridiculous.
A superstar shooting 39% from the field 29% from three 6 boards as the starting power forward and 1 assist is the definition of dog shit.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #177
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

We supposedly had a "big three" which is why you seemed to buy into this "contender" talk I told you was an absolute joke from the start.

Our "Big 3" consisted of Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler and Amare Stoudemire.

Guy A is getting 28 and 6
Guy B is getting 5 and 7
Guy C just played his first playoff game this year.

And I'm supposed to blame Guy A? You know how asinine that sounds? Cmon son. Ya better than that. Where's the help?
Old 05-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #178
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Trade Melo, I can get 39% shooting from Monta Ellis.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #179
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
A superstar shooting 39% from the field 29% from three 6 boards as the starting power forward and 1 assist is the definition of dog shit.

The only definition you have shown is the definition for hypocrite.

You complain about 1 assists but are ok with multiple guys playing big minutes and not scoring = HYPOCRITICAL

Complaining about a SF's rebounds when he's playing out of position, going against one of the strongest PF in the league. But then making excuses for your 7'1" "defensive specialist" getting LESS rebounds and getting destroyed on the glass by his counterpart = HYPOCRITICAL

Acting like we are losing because of our best player's field goal % when he CLEARLY hasn't had much help = HYPOCRITICAL

Acting like Melo should be traded when you can't ONE player available that's better than him at his position...Yet I can find PLENTY of centers better than Chandler = HYPOCRITICAL

28 and 6 with Melo's shooting % is poor shooting. It's not "dog shit." He's not shooting well. But he's not killing our team. Tyson Chandler n Jason Kidd are. A blind man can see that
Old 05-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #180
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Trade Melo, I can get 39% shooting from Monta Ellis.
OK...I see we're in troll mode now. I'm done.

Happy Mother's Day to the lovely ladies in you guys lives. Remember to appreciate the matriarchs because the key to success for all of us is maintaining honor amongst the men and respect for our women!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: