Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #181
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

Fam, I've said Tyson and Kidd have been terrible, nothing else can be said about that.

But anyone with a pulse is gonna look at the superstars numbers.

Durant has never been a great rebounder playmaker or defender.

But he is doing that now since a major piece of his help is gone.

Durant averages more rebounds assists and blocks on top of his points.

Melo is not doing that, and has not done that all season, that's why he gets the flack he does....all he does is score.

The team had Amare in the plans early when the season was supposed to start, but got injured.

Tyson wound up averaging 10 rebounds a game for the season.

Melo continued to average 6, but he isn't playing a sf position anymore.

Superstars rise man, we're all waiting for him to rise.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #182
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Trade Melo, I can get 39% shooting from Monta Ellis.
Trade Tyson. We can get better numbers from Johan Petro.

Tyson vs Pacers:
7 points,4 rebounds in 29.7 minutes
Per 36 minutes: 8.5 points,4.8 rebounds

Petro vs Pacers:
4.8 points,3.7 rebounds in 16.8 minutes
Per 36 minutes: 10.2 points,7.9 rebounds
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #183
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Trade Tyson. We can get better numbers from Johan Petro.

Tyson vs Pacers:
7 points,4 rebounds in 29.7 minutes
Per 36 minutes: 8.5 points,4.8 rebounds

Petro vs Pacers:
4.8 points,3.7 rebounds in 16.8 minutes
Per 36 minutes: 10.2 points,7.9 rebounds
I have no issues with that.

Still want melo poof be gone if he can't be the best player against a team with no star.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #184
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I have no issues with that.

Still want melo poof be gone if he can't be the best player against a team with no star.
So you want to trade Melo. Fine. For who are you going to trade him ?

And give me some realistic options.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #185
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
So you want to trade Melo. Fine. For who are you going to trade him ?

And give me some realistic options.
I'd consider if he can't lead the team to the ecf.

I'd be content with draft picks and a more complete player.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #186
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
I'd consider if he can't lead the team to the ecf.

I'd be content with draft picks and a more complete player.
Give me an example.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #187
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Give me an example.
You need examples of draft picks and a more complete player?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #188
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Dont tell me Melo is a superstar and complain about Kid and Tyson. So the reason the Kicks are losing is because of Kidd and Tyson is Ass-i-9.

Lets compare Melo to the other superstars in the playoffs? Compare Melo to guys that are actually carrying there team most nights.

If Melo was doing the damn thing and the role players failed you have every right to complain to all high heaven!

39% FG
28pts on 26 shots a game
1.7 assist per game
1.2 steals per game
.11 blocks per game
2.14 turn over per game

This is atrocious from your best player and expect to win. These are not superstar numbers. The Knicks shouldnt win with him playing like this.

So this team has won DESPITE Melo?
Melo won the games despite inadequate role players?

The team has played bad as a collective. But obviously the team outside of Melo has been solid for the most part when Melo hasnt been good.

Last edited by Rameek : 05-12-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #189
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

tyson got owned in game 3
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #190
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
You need examples of draft picks and a more complete player?
Yes I do. I want to see who's that complete player that will make our future better.

Trading Melo is stupid. Even you know it. Either you trade them all or you keep Melo.
Trade Melo for a worse (or how you like to call it a more complete) player and a draft pick and this team would be around .500 fighting to get into the playoffs (if not worse).
If they make the playoffs they would for sure exit in the 1st round and if they don't they would get shitty draft pick.

Either way we would get worse and our future wouldn't be any better.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #191
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Yes I do. I want to see who's that complete player that will make our future better.

Trading Melo is stupid. Even you know it. Either you trade them all or you keep Melo.
Trade Melo for a worse (or how you like to call it a more complete) player and a draft pick and this team would be around .500 fighting to get into the playoffs (if not worse).
If they make the playoffs they would for sure exit in the 1st round and if they don't they would get shitty draft pick.

Either way we would get worse and our future wouldn't be any better.
See here is what you dont get.

You have already stated you're happy if the team gets out the first round, they dont have to do anything else for you to be satified.

I dont share that view AT ALL.

They must make the ECF.

Every single player that was in the rotation for the MAJORITY of the entire season is available to play.

This team has had Miami on their sights the whole year and to come up short is a FAILURE, especially when you've had HCA in both rounds preceding that matchup and have the best player in both series.

This is why Denver wasn't all that upset when they traded him, but i dont blame Melo's woes in Denver strictly on him, as his teams weren't favored to win any matchup but one.

The fact of the matter, this team isn't gonna be better next season, it's likely to get worse.

You guys dont like the role players, but those guys helped Melo alot more than you want to credit and they will likely all be gone.

But you know what's funny?

Melo is a supposed top 5 player.

I'd bet if he were on the trade block that outside of leBron and Durant, if he were offered to every single team in the NBA, those teams would not give up their best player for him.....that's pretty sad.

No one wants a guy who takes all the shots and shoots 39% and does nothing else on the court consistently.

Melo needs to step his game up or go back to the city he claims.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #192
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

here is an interesting stat.....

Out of all the starters for the Knicks in the playoffs.....

No one is shooting BELOW 40% from the field or 30% from three.

But Carmelo Anthony.

Even Pablo is shooting 40% and 43% from three.

Maybe that's why the Knicks they couldn't even crack 80 points.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #193
Clutch
Stop flopping

You didn't answer my question. You want to trade Melo. Fine. Give me some names you would trade him for ? Realistic ones please.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #194
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I dont think the Knicks would or should trade him.

He needs to learn how to be more efficient, smarter, if the shot isnt falling he has to do something else like Knickcity said consistently. This team is easy to defend when the 2 scorers deflate the ball.

He has not played like a superstar in the playoffs and the team has won despite his and JR's woes. There needs to be some games where it's the Knicks won despite the role players.

If Melo delivered and everyone else failed I would kill the role players. This hasnt happened so I wont kill anyone specifically.

But I wont tolerate the blame game. Criticize the team as a whole but to constantly b!tch about role players when the supposed best player is doing jack n sh!t is dumb.

Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #195
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whenever yall want to bash Melo, the only comparisons you make are Kevin Durant and LeBron James. That alone refutes your entire argument. If you have to look at the best and 2nd best players in the league to prove a point, then obviously Melo is doing something right. I don't have to look to the best or 2nd best center in the league to prove a point about Tyson Chandler. Andrew Bogut is outplaying Tyson Chandler. Newsflash. Kevin Durant and LeBron James aren't avaliable for trade. LeBron didn't want to be here. It's probably because of our fans. You've been pushing this agenda that "nobody wants to be here" Knickscity. Look in the mirror. You're my homie, but you're beginning to represent that large group of NY fans that don't deserve to see their team win. You were all aboard for the Darrelle Revis trade. You drank the Koolaid about trading Melo.....yet you love you some Jared Jeffries and have become the biggest Tyson Chandler apologists on the board lol. How's that make any sense?

Team's don't win without big time players. Denver was the deepest team in the league and didn't make it out the 1st round, even though they're "so much better off without Melo." ONE TEAM has won a ring without a star player. Detroit. And that was mainly because Shaq and Kobe were feuding. If you want a team full of pretty good players. So be it. We'll be right in the same boat as Denver and Indiana every year. Wonderful regular season record. We'll "scare" a few teams come playoff time. Only to eventually lose because we don't have a player good enough to take over a game when times get hard. We won't have a player good enough to make LeBron James sweat.

Ultimately, Melo's shooting % should be up. He's shot poorly. But to say he hasn't done anything but score inefficiently is asinine. The mere fact that he's playing PF refutes that. He's hit clutch shot after clutch shot. He's outrebounding our center this series. He's made David West work on offense. He's gotten steals. He's gotten the Pacers in foul trouble on both ends of the court. I'm not going to lump a guy getting 28 and 6 in with a guy getting 5 points and 7 rebounds as if they've been equally as bad. I'm not going to exempt him from blame, but when he plays poorly and everyone else plays well...yall criticize him. I don't get why then, when Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd SUCK, it has to always be...let's blame everybody. That's being a hypocrite. I'm sorry.

Last edited by franchize : 05-13-2013 at 08:58 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: