Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #196
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

I've called Melo a 6 8 Monta Ellis actually.

I know he isn't LeBron or Durant they do more than shoot 39%
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #197
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I've called Melo a 6 8 Monta Ellis actually.

I know he isn't LeBron or Durant they do more than shoot 39%
If you think Melo is on the same level as Monta Ellis, then you need a new TV. Take the foil off the antennas lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #198
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
If you think Melo is on the same level as Monta Ellis, then you need a new TV. Take the foil off the antennas lol
I don't even know if he's being serious or he's trolling anymore.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #199
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I don't even know if he's being serious or he's trolling anymore.
I'm starting to think Mike Breen took over his account lol
Old 05-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #200
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Who do you want to compare Melo to?

What has he really done besides score? If you shoot all the time then how is it clutch because of when he makes the basket... No he shoots all the time any time.

How does him playing PF change anything?

Who effects the outcome of games by there play?
Who are the impact players?
Its Melo. Not Chandler or Kidd.

You are saying the reason the Knicks lose the series is because of how those 2 guys played?

The Knicks will lose this series if Melo continues to play bad. PERIOD. End of discussion. Not because Tyson and Kidd (he plays 15 to 20 minutes a game).

39% FG
28pts on 26 shots a game
1.7 assist per game
1.2 steals per game
.11 blocks per game
2.14 turn over per game

No team should win with their best player doing this. Give the rest of the team a break they were given there opportunities they have won.

When Melo and JR makes smart plays and dont kill the clock by deflating the ball and they make the right plays then the role players dont deliver I'm all for it.

MELO HAS NOT BEEN PLAYING LIKE A SUPERSTAR HE HAS NOT PLAYED WELL. YOU CAN MAKE AN ARGUMENT ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE IF HE WAS PLAYING WELL OR GOOD.

39% FG
28pts on 26 shots a game
1.7 assist per game
1.2 steals per game
.11 blocks per game
2.14 turn over per game

This is why the Knicks are struggling. The guy with the stats up there.

And yes there is no way in hell the Jets should have ever given Revis 16 mill a year with the way that team salary cap situation is and the lack of talent they have. There was only 1 Corner that ever deserved that money and thats Deon. The market dictated that he gets paid 13 mill now if they balked on that fine the Jets were dumb.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #201
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek

Who are the impact players?
Its Melo. Not Chandler or Kidd.

So why is Tyson getting paid $14 mil ? He's brought here to be an impact player but only impact he has is for the opposing team.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #202
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
So why is Tyson getting paid $14 mil ? He's brought here to be an impact player but only impact he has is for the opposing team.
Why is Melo getting 20 or Stat getting 20? Why is JR getting paid less than Novak? Come on lets be serious.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #203
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Why is Melo getting 20 or Stat getting 20? Why is JR getting paid less than Novak? Come on lets be serious.

Melo, according to you, is playing poorly and STILL averaging 28 and 6 against two solid defensive teams. IF you can't get a BAD 28 and 6...I think you've earned your check. Not to mention, he has a scoring title under his belt. Guess we should have kept Gallinari =/

JR Smith SHOULDN'T be making less than Novak. i was never in favor of re-signing Novak. I rathered him over Lin though.

Amare hasn't earned his check. Now his body has failed him, so I can't completely rip the guy because it's not something he asked to have happen. That being said...he hasn't earned his check yet.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #204
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
You didn't answer my question. You don't give $14 mil. to a guy you don't expect to have any impact.

Unfortunately only good impact he has is for the opposing team.

Everyone says how good of a leader he is - he started to throw teammates under the bus.
Everyone says how good of a defender he is - he's got owned in every playoff series so far
Everyone says how he does little things and plays hard - laziest bum on the court

He's like endangered species. Nobody is allowed to criticize him and people can only say good things about him.

AT THE END OF THE DAY,YOU DON'T PAY $14 MIL. TO A GUY YOU DON'T EXPECT TO CONTRIBUTE.
UNFORTUNATELY FOR US HE SUCKS BUT NOBODY IS GOING TO ADMIT IT AND ALL OF YOU ARE GOING TO PREACH HIM FOR LITTLE STUFF HE DOES WHEN IN FACT HE'S OUR WORST PLAYER ON THE FLOOR ALMOST EVERY NIGHT.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #205
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Melo, according to you, is playing poorly and STILL averaging 28 and 6 against two solid defensive teams. IF you can't get a BAD 28 and 6...I think you've earned your check. Not to mention, he has a scoring title under his belt. Guess we should have kept Gallinari =/

JR Smith SHOULDN'T be making less than Novak. i was never in favor of re-signing Novak. I rathered him over Lin though.

Amare hasn't earned his check. Now his body has failed him, so I can't completely rip the guy because it's not something he asked to have happen. That being said...he hasn't earned his check yet.

28 and 6 is bad when it takes 26 shots and you have more TO's than steals blocks and assist thats a terrible job....
bro do you all not realize how that can demoralize a team. No one else is involved. This is why I have said the Knicks have won despite his bad play.
If you dont get other players involved defense and rebounding suffers. They arent inspired to play by standing around watching a dude miss all the time and pounds the air out the ball.

You think he earned his check by

39% FG
28pts on 26 shots a game
1.7 assist per game
1.2 steals per game
.11 blocks per game
2.14 turn over per game

There is no need for me to discuss any more. Melo can get his damn whether the team wins or loses as long as he gets his. I will take a hiatus from this subject.

Quote:
You didn't answer my question. You don't give $14 mil. to a guy you don't expect to have any impact.

Unfortunately only good impact he has is for the opposing team.

Everyone says how good of a leader he is - he started to throw teammates under the bus.
Everyone says how good of a defender he is - he's got owned in every playoff series so far
Everyone says how he does little things and plays hard - laziest bum on the court

He's like endangered species. Nobody is allowed to criticize him and people can only say good things about him.

AT THE END OF THE DAY,YOU DON'T PAY $14 MIL. TO A GUY YOU DON'T EXPECT TO CONTRIBUTE.
UNFORTUNATELY FOR US HE SUCKS BUT NOBODY IS GOING TO ADMIT IT AND ALL OF YOU ARE GOING TO PREACH HIM FOR LITTLE STUFF HE DOES WHEN IN FACT HE'S OUR WORST PLAYER ON THE FLOOR ALMOST EVERY NIGHT.
I'm not absolving Chandler from playing badly but if Melo played smart and got the other players involved and played like a superstar then I can fault everyone else for doing badly. Chandler has been shit though and I dont think Melo, Stat, or Tyson has earned their money.

If selfish inefficient play is what you all determine as successful then I cant rock with that bullsh!t. Team game team sport. I will never ever support a situation where a wanna be superstar can get his at the expense of team success.

No he isnt a Kobe, Durant, LBJ because its about the team winning at all cost do what it takes not I got my stats.

Last edited by Rameek : 05-13-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #206
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

So Durant and Kobe are winning right now? lmaooooo When using examples goes wrong lol Durant is down 2-1 just like us and Kobe's Lakers have underachieved all seaosn and got swept. Your example alone should tell you it's not always the best player's fault.

Refer to the Tyson Chandler thread as I expose that coat tail rider for the coward he is. You wanna talk demoralize? Subliminally ripping your team in the media demoralizes a team.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #207
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
So Durant and Kobe are winning right now? lmaooooo When using examples goes wrong lol Durant is down 2-1 just like us and Kobe's Lakers have underachieved all seaosn and got swept. Your example alone should tell you it's not always the best player's fault.

Refer to the Tyson Chandler thread as I expose that coat tail rider for the coward he is. You wanna talk demoralize? Subliminally ripping your team in the media demoralizes a team.

Yes but they play/played/playing at a high level and when the other players comes up short then you ridicule the people who came up short. Durant is doing all he can to help the Thunder and if the other players dont step up it will be the others fault and obviously the absence of Westbrook. That is the point.

If the best player is doing their job then no one can blame him.

If Melo plays up to the superstar billing then I will rip all the other players on the team for not helping him. That isnt the case.

So please read this slowly then process it.

Observers will look down the list in this manner;

Did Melo do the job?
Did Woody do the job?
Did Jr do the job?
Did everyone else do the job?

This is how it goes. If the Knicks lose the series or win the series this is where sh!t falls, you know it rolls down hill
Old 05-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #208
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You don't want to compare him to the best, so who should I compare him to?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #209
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
You don't want to compare him to the best, so who should I compare him to?
Basically, your cry has been that he's playing like dog shit because he isn't LeBron or Durant.

That's like saying Nas is wack because he isn't Biggie or Tupac.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #210
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Tyson Chandler being on the All Defense 1st team is the biggest joke in the world lmao
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: