Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #61
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Pierce doesn't take a third of the cap.
What does that have to do with anything?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #62
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Game 6 is war. Melo is going IN
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #63
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
Game 6 is war. Melo is going IN
we said that same about game 5.

what we need to do is move away from iso melo, and let felton distribute to the open guy
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #64
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
What does that have to do with anything?
Let me ask you a question, dead serious....

Do you think Carmelo can lead the Knicks team to a championship as the best player?

I get it with Chandler, I wont dispute his lack of actually playing with purpose.

Ironically though he is getting 11 rebopunds in both losses.

But Tyson Chandler isn't missing 15 shots per contest in losses.

Tyson Chandler isn't 0-12 in threes in closeout games against Boston in this series.

Melo hasn't hit a three since he appeared on NBA TV talking about sweeping the Celtics....then goes out and miss 25 field goal attempts.

When Melo shuts up and plays, everyone else will follow.

I honestly dont blame Melo for the losses in entirety, jumpshooters hit and miss.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #65
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He was asked about the sweep and we were 3-0. What was he supposed to say? I just want to take it one game at a time? If you win one more time...it's a sweep.

End of the day, we can say what we want about Melo but there's only 1 other person in the league that I feel would guarantee us a victory and he's not available in FA or via trade. Wanna say CP3 is better...well his team is down in their series to a team that made a salary dump mid season. Wanna say Durant is better...his team is in the same exact situation we are. End of the day, we can regurgitate all the nonsense we here about "You can't win with Melo." I'm not buying it. Tyson Chandler had 11 rebounds in or 2 losses but he also gave up 17, 17 and 18 rebounds consecutively to Garnett. The "it's Melo's fault" excuse is getting old. If he was the only reason why we're losing, then take him out the game and go win without him. Guarantee it won't happen.

Melo didn't make JR throw that elbow. Melo didn't tell everyone to dress in all black. Melo didn't make Amare a no show yet again. Melo didn't make Chandler non-existent for yet another playoff series. Melo did make Jason Kidd old and ineffective. Melo didn't tell Woody to not make adjustments.

Melo ABSOLUTELY needs to play better. He needs to shoot better and he needs to stop losing his man in transition. That being said, I'm not putting it all on him because if it weren't for him, we wouldn't even be in the playoffs, let alone the 2 seed. Furthermore, us gutting the team and getting rid of him only ensures we will be rebuilding and searching for a guy in HOPES that he's even close to being as good as Melo.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #66
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
He was asked about the sweep and we were 3-0. What was he supposed to say? I just want to take it one game at a time? If you win one more time...it's a sweep.

End of the day, we can say what we want about Melo but there's only 1 other person in the league that I feel would guarantee us a victory and he's not available in FA or via trade. Wanna say CP3 is better...well his team is down in their series to a team that made a salary dump mid season. Wanna say Durant is better...his team is in the same exact situation we are. End of the day, we can regurgitate all the nonsense we here about "You can't win with Melo." I'm not buying it. Tyson Chandler had 11 rebounds in or 2 losses but he also gave up 17, 17 and 18 rebounds consecutively to Garnett. The "it's Melo's fault" excuse is getting old. If he was the only reason why we're losing, then take him out the game and go win without him. Guarantee it won't happen.

Melo didn't make JR throw that elbow. Melo didn't tell everyone to dress in all black. Melo didn't make Amare a no show yet again. Melo didn't make Chandler non-existent for yet another playoff series. Melo did make Jason Kidd old and ineffective. Melo didn't tell Woody to not make adjustments.

Melo ABSOLUTELY needs to play better. He needs to shoot better and he needs to stop losing his man in transition. That being said, I'm not putting it all on him because if it weren't for him, we wouldn't even be in the playoffs, let alone the 2 seed. Furthermore, us gutting the team and getting rid of him only ensures we will be rebuilding and searching for a guy in HOPES that he's even close to being as good as Melo.
The bottom line is if the Knicks lose, Carmelo Anthony is gonna get that work.

Do the one job you should and this series would be over, instead of missing 41 shots in two closeouts, after you entertaintain a segment talking about a sweep.

KG got 18 rebounds off Melo's misses for Christ sakes.

Tyson has a ring, Kidd has a ring, and neither guy is that far removed from it and their play has not fell off from that point when THEY won.

They wont catch that heat anywhere close to Melo if he can lead a team out of the first round against a team that doesn't even have a pg at all.

I can't think of a single sport where the highest paid star on the team doesn't get the blame, especially in NY.

A-Rod gets crucified deservedly so and has actually helped his team win a title.

LeBron used to get killed for not winning a ring...until he won one.

And Melo is no LeBron and LeBron's teammates weren't nearly as good as what Melo or CP3 has had overall.

But my point is, you dont need star players just to make the first round and bow out, that can be done just having a bunch of youngsters around and no pressure to win.

When you acquire stars and great scorers the expectations are raised.

If these guys can't deliver, go kick a pebble.

More times than none Ewing lost to the better team, so did Bernard King, and I've watched these guys personally and live.

These guys didn't have consecutive games of trash, their heart would not allow that, if they lost, no fan could point to their performance and say damn they let us down.

All I know is Carmelo Anthony is shooting 39% from the field, 28% from three and getting playoff lows in rebounds (5), and assists (1).

The team won the first three games with Melo averaging right around his season average, had he continued to do so, this series would be over.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #67
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I agree about who will get the blame. I disagree that it's fair, I also disagree that Ewing and King didn't get ripped for not winning... especially Ewing. I further disagree that Melo has more talent on his team than Chris Paul. A Paul- less Clippers team would 4-0 a Melo-less Knicks team.

End of the day, while Melo definitely needs to be better, your team has to be constructed well enough for your players to be able to have a bad game or 2. Steph Curry was cold in both Game 5 and 6. The Warriors still found ways to get that series closed out and keep in every single game because they have talent around them. Most of their players make mediocre salaries. All but one player (Jarrett Jack) makes more than Marcus Camby. Shoot this year, Stephen Curry himself makes less than Marcus Camby.

Bottom line is, if we lose this series, Melo will get all the blame but I've been telling you guys we lacked talent the entire season. I also told yall when we come back down to Earth, you guys will conveniently forget and try to blame Melo. Let's just hope that I'm wrong....at least for this series.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #68
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

41 missed shots, 2 straight losses.

Melo makes half of those, the team wins just that simple.

The Celtics are old and done, without their best player.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #69
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

The Knicks have to try to win by 50. Do not take the pressure off because cold shooting can hit either team at any moment.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #70
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Welcome to the second round guys.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #71
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Let me ask you a question, dead serious....

Do you think Carmelo can lead the Knicks team to a championship as the best player?
On a team built despite him and not to compliment him? No

Build around him with players that compliment his game, don't play him out of position- yes

Playing him at pf beats him up way too much- you absolutely have to play him with a gaurd and a big that are big time perimeter shooters. Knicks do neither and ask Carmelo to fit the other players (completely backwards- the others should fit around him)

You have the best post-up/midrange game 3 maybe of all time and you want him playing from the 3 point line? That is stupid- the gm can either decide to build around Carmelo or can just keep throwing together a random assortment of "names" Isaiah Thomas style.

I hope they choose to build around Carmelo- but I doubt it happens because all you guys want is "to get out of the first round".
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #72
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Knicks almost choked away the game and possibly the series.

I'm happy with the season. We got out of the 1st round. Now let's go as far as we can go.
I actually think we'll beat the Pacers in 6.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #73
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I'm sweatin like I played lmaoooo I'm so happy right now man lmao.

I know we need to focus on Indiana but I just need to soak this in right quick lol.

BTW, Woody nearly cost us the game tonight. I blame the loss of the lead solely on him. He took Shump out for Kidd when Shump was our best player tonight and Kidd was absolutely putrid. Then, he decides to make Melo and JR run the point and run isolation. Then he was throwin in zones for no reason. The Celtics completely refused to guard Prigioni, so he makes him run point and takes away his advantage. That might have been the worst coaching performance I've ever seen in a victory. **** it though....I'll take it lol
Old 05-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #74
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

pop a molly I'm sweatin'.....

We did it though

Got this damn green monkey off our back. Time to refocus and get back to work. Bring on Indy.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #75
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Melo needs to get his shit right for the rest of the playoffs. None of the teams reamining are as done as the Celtics were.

And the Knicks need to consider running some plays.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: