Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #76
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'm sweatin like I played lmaoooo I'm so happy right now man lmao.

I know we need to focus on Indiana but I just need to soak this in right quick lol.

BTW, Woody nearly cost us the game tonight. I blame the loss of the lead solely on him. He took Shump out for Kidd when Shump was our best player tonight and Kidd was absolutely putrid. Then, he decides to make Melo and JR run the point and run isolation. Then he was throwin in zones for no reason. The Celtics completely refused to guard Prigioni, so he makes him run point and takes away his advantage. That might have been the worst coaching performance I've ever seen in a victory. **** it though....I'll take it lol

I felt woozy in that 4th qtr when they cut the lead to 4

I gotta keep my BP in check...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #77
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Glad we got Felton and got rid of Lin.

Playoff averages:

Jeremy Lin: 4 points,2 rebounds,2 assists on 25% FG (17% for three)
Raymond Felton: 17.2 points,4 rebounds,5.3 assists on 47% FG (27% for three)

FATTON
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #78
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Melo's post game interviews were FN hilarious.

Right after the game on the court, they asked him about the C's comeback. He said "they said this where amazing happens...the NBA". MFer sounded like the commercial but for all the wrong reasons He looked mad worn out lol.

Then, when he did his post game presser, they told him about the 19 straight 3's he missed. He yelled "19...GOT DAMN!!!" Him and Raymond Felton was dying laughing. I was rolling. I was in my living room feeling how they looked. Worn out and just glad it's over lol. F it. When ugly...look pretty next time.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #79
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Melo's post game interviews were FN hilarious.

Right after the game on the court, they asked him about the C's comeback. He said "they said this where amazing happens...the NBA". MFer sounded like the commercial but for all the wrong reasons He looked mad worn out lol.

Then, when he did his post game presser, they told him about the 19 straight 3's he missed. He yelled "19...GOT DAMN!!!" Him and Raymond Felton was dying laughing. I was rolling. I was in my living room feeling how they looked. Worn out and just glad it's over lol. F it. When ugly...look pretty next time.
I've just watched it. It was hilarious. Raymond Felton showed up all in black
Old 05-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #80
Clutch
Stop flopping

MY GRADES FOR THE SERIES:

Raymond Felton - A
He was excellent. Averaging 17/4/5 on 47% FG against great Celtics defense. Whenever we needed offense he was there and produced. His defense was also better than expected.

Iman Shumpert - A-
He was better as series progressed. Hit some huge threes in games 2 and 6 and his defense was great for the whole series.

Carmelo Anthony - B
Obviously he's our best player but he didn't have a really great series. 29/5/2 on 38% FG. Those are good numbers but I think he needs to take better shots and impact the game in more areas,not just the scoring.

Pablo Prigioni - B
Played much better than I expected. He set the tempo early for us in games 3 and 6 with his shooting.

J.R.Smith - C+
Similar to Martin,he had good first two games but ever since he played like trash. Made the series interesting by elbowing Jason Terry. If that didn't happen we would have probably won in 4. I expected more from him.

Tyson Chandler - C
Started off slow but picked it up as series progressed. He needs to step up against the Pacers,that's the one series where we really need him to produce.

Kenyon Martin - C
Played great in games 1 and 2 but ever since he's gone missing. He combined for 5 points and 2 rebounds in games 5 and 6.

Jason Kidd - C
Had a huge game 1 and a pretty good game 2. He hasn't scored ever since. 0 points in games 3,4,5 and 6. He brings us rebounding and smart play but he's got to contribute more on offense.

NOTE: Grades are a result of what I expected from players and how they played considering their actual skills.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #81
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My Grades:

Raymond Felton: A Would have been an A+ if it wasn't for his blunders down the stretch of last night's game. I also wish he would take control of the team down the stretch but that may be more of Woody's fault. All in all, he had an excellent series though and was our most consistent player. I said BEFORE the series he'd be the X-Factor and that rang true. He completely killed any and all "we should have kept Lin" arguments lol.

Iman Shumpert: A- Him and Copeland started the series looking a bit shook. Somehow, Shumpert found time to sneak to Oz and get himself some courage. I thought his defense was phenomenal. He played with tons of confidence thereafter. He hit some huge 3's. He was the catalyst for almost every run we had this entire series. I thought Woody kinda jerked him with his love affair with Jason Kidd. He yanked Shump last night when Shump was having a better game than anyone on the court. The C's immediately went on that run. He did us a dissservice. Shumpert was balling for the majority of this series. I'm also happy he got that dunk last night. Maybe he will trust the knee a little more.

Carmelo Anthony: B- Would have been a C+ if it wasn't for the end of last game. He was in a shooting slump. He couldn't buy one. I thought his D in Game 5 was very poor. However, he finally said F it, I'm going to get to the line. I don't remember him ever getting to the line that much in consecutive games. He didn't lose his confidence. Most fans think you're supposed to stop shooting when you're cold. Not true. Last night, I thought Melo stepped up the other aspects of his game. His D was way better. He had some key rebounds, steals and a huge block at the end on Pierce. I thought he was another player I thought Woody did a disservice. At some point, you gotta start looking to the coach as to why we're running so many Iso's. I highly doubt Woody is calling plays and Melo + Jr are just like NO. If that's the case, take him out. Melo also hit some HUGE shots down the stretch last night that kinda reminded Knicks fans that he's still a clutch player.

Pablo Prigioni- B+ I thought Doc Rivers dropped the ball going small in Game 3. I actually thought Pablo played better in Game 3 than last night. Last night, the C's simply disrespected him and left him WIIIIIIIIDEEEE OPEN. Pablo knocked them down. He also cut to the basket pretty well last night... something almost no other Knick seems to do. His D was solid. He got some key steals this series. He missed some wide open layups and passed up far too many shots in some games but overall, he played far better than I expected.

JR Smith- B- He started off the series playing with tons of confidence. He was aggressive. He was fiesty on D. Then the elbow heard round the world happened In typical JR fashion, he reminded us of why he isn't a starter despite all that talent. He looked either scared or embarrassed in Game 5. In Game 6 he started that way but then played better in the 2nd half. He drove to the rack and took advantage of the Celtics defensive laspses. Even thought Melo outplayed him, I expect more out of Melo so I gave them the same grade.

Tyson Chandler- C-. Chandler apologists were clinging to every rebound and loose ball to say see...I told ya so. I kept hearing and reading every game how he was going to get so much better. He upgraded from terrible to mediocre. KG KILLED him on the boards all series. Last night, KG was embarrassing him. He was the only Celtic making shots last night in the 1st 3 quarters. We put Melo on KG for a spell and immediately got a steal and another TO. I'm sorry but if you are a DPOY, you should not be getting abused by a guy that's 37 and contemplating retirement every year. Then, whenever the Celtics drove the lane, he provided virtually no resistance. Avery Bradley took it to his chest lst night during the Celtic comeback. Call me a hater if you want. Chandler was pathetic on BOTH ends of the court in my opinion. I don't care what his +/- was. We were a better team when he was off the court for the most part in this series.

Kenyon Martin- B Yea so he made the stupid funeral comments and all that. He also slipped causing a costly TO and had some bad fouls in Games 5 and 6. That being said, for a guy to outplay our 14 million dollar Center, after basically being plucked off the street, I can't give him anything less than a B. He had some HUGE blocks and dunks. He caught passes that would have went straight through other guys' hands. I was very impressed with Kenyon. He may have saved our season with his play in the 1st 3 games.

Jason Kidd- D. Funny how the 2 players I was ripping all year turned out to be the ones that played terribly this series. Jason Kidd was awful. Simply put. IDGAF what "leadership" he may provide in the locker room. He was horrendous. He had a pretty good Game 1. Had some assists in Game 3. Other than that, he was an absolute scrub. The one thing I thought I could count on with Kidd was that he didn't make mistakes. He had some terrible turnovers. He missed some WIDE open layups. He had a behind the back pass to nobody last night lol. He was the only player giving up shots to Pierce really. He also pass up WAY too many wide open shots. I think his minutes need to be cut. Prigioni does pretty much everything he does and then some.
I don't know what Woody's love affair with Kidd is but it needs to end before Sunday.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #82
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

How the Knicks handle David west will be the key to the series.

The other key is Marcus Camby. Camby could pay for himself all this series alone
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #83
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i still dont see where 6th man of the year winner JR is yet, he drove maybe 5 times in the series and the rest were jumpers...though i do give celtics credit for taking teh drive out but hes been mia
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #84
Clutch
Stop flopping

I'M SICK OF TYSON CHANDLER

We're playing the big and tough Pacers team and just when we need him the most he plays like an absolute shit.

4 points,3 rebounds and Hibbert was beasting on him.

Just trade this bum for a decent center + role players who can contribute.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #85
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

Chandler and Smith must be on a mental vacation. I just don't see these guys anywhere. And why was Melon forcing so many shots?
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #86
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I'M SICK OF TYSON CHANDLER

We're playing the big and tough Pacers team and just when we need him the most he plays like an absolute shit.

4 points,3 rebounds and Hibbert was beasting on him.

Just trade this bum for a decent center + role players who can contribute.
Dump a few contracts and get Dwight.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #87
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
Dump a few contracts and get Dwight.
If D'atnoni wasnt the coach I'd ship "Melo's I miss eveything" out as well.

1-21 from three since the talking about sweeping the Celtics.

Wont even address his 38% fg, and he was bricking long before the shoulder injury, which even he isn't using as an excuse.

Melo and Tyson for Dwight and Pau.

There's plenty of NBA players who'd be happy to shooting 25 times and only hit 8.

The team overall doesn't defend, but my lord, all Melo has to do is score.

Lance Stephenson outrebounded everyone for Christs sakes..Lance.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #88
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

man, it was frustrating to watch jr take one long shot after another, i kept yelling, drive it in

and when did the refs take this new stance on defense where the defender can give a shit load of contact just by keeping his hands up

ive seen just little contact with instant foul calls on Durant and lebron
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #89
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #90
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Fluke. They were the same shots they take every game- just missing them today

One thing is for sure- Paul George isn't the key to the series- it's David west and hibbert. I know he hasn't played all year but if Cambyses good to go you have to use him. West has always and will always own Kmart
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: