Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #91
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

All I know is, Melo and JR are shooting like pure trash. But you know what...Melo had 11 rebounds. Next highest player was JR. Where's this DPOY we supposedly signed.

When Dwight Howard was facing elimination, he found a way to get out the game with 2 techs. and Pau Gasol is just as soft as Chandler. F that. I'll take my chances with Melo. I can't even begin to imagine how you'd want to trade for 2 guys who've played even worse than our guys in the playoffs. It's not like you can base it on regular season play lol Dwight and Pau were both pretty mediocre.

We came out flat. We got outplayed. Melo shot horribly. JR was non existent until the 4th quarter. But you know what? I wasn't even mad. I actually expected it. I expected Chandler to be non-existent. I expected Jason Kidd to look like the scrub he is. I expected Kenyon to get into foul trouble. I expected Lance Stephenson to go off. We just had a grueling series vs Boston. We're an old team with very little depth. I'm not surprised at all.

I'm not even going to deliver my usual expose' of Tyson Chandler or Jason Kidd lol. At this point, we all can see they are overpaid and overrated. The only difference in opinion at this point is whether you want to be in denial still or not. It is what it is. Melo would get traded before Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd would. The media, fans, Mike Breen, Woody, etc love those dudes. They aren't going anywhere.

Last edited by franchize : 05-06-2013 at 12:35 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:09 AM   #92
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tyson is paid as much as Melo.
We lost this game because of defense and rebounding,not because of offense.
At the end of the day we scored 95 points. That's enough to win a playoff game (especially against the team that isn't good offensively like the Pacers) and we would have won every game against Boston if we scored 95.

On the other hand we allowed 102 points and got killed on the boards. Where was our DPOY when we needed him the most ? He got 4 points,3 rebounds and got killed by Hibbert who's offensive repertoire is slightly worse than of a telephone pole.
When Tyson Chandler isn't defending or rebounding he's a liability. I would rather play Copeland because he can at least score. But Copeland can't defend or rebound ? Well obviously neither can Chandler.

I'm just sick of this guy. Melo shot badly,I know that. But at the end of the day he still had 27 points and 11 rebounds. 11 rebounds from a guy that apparently can't do anything but score. That's 8 more than our defensive/rebounding center.

And you know what,Melo had some amazing playoff performances for us in the playoffs. Game 2 in 2011 where he put up 42/17/6. Then game 4 against the Heat last year where he put up 40+. First two games this season were also pretty good.
Did Tyson Chandler had ONE F*CKING GAME where he was great ? NO. It's been 5 games last year and 7 games this year. That's 12 consecutive games in the playoffs where he was either horrible,subpar or mediocre.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #93
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Every time Melo attacks the rim, there's a call missing.
Hibbert should have fouled out in the third quarter, unless there is a new rule that lets players block the opponent's face instead of the ball and/or run into the opponent's body. If that's the rule then the Pacers win the ring with LeBron shooting 1/15 and Hibbert is DPOY for the next 5 years.

One thing is defending hard, another thing is defending dirty.
If this is the going, I'm worried.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #94
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We played well in games 1,2 and 3. Since then everything went downhill.

STATS IN THE LAST 4 GAMES (1-3):

Carmelo Anthony:
26.5 points,8 rebounds,2.5 assists on 31.8% FG (9% for three).

J.R.Smith:
14.7 points,5.3 rebounds,1.7 assists on 28.6% FG (35.2% for three).

Jason Kidd:
0 points,4 rebounds,1 assists on 0% FG (0% for three)

Tyson Chandler:
6.5 points,9.3 rebounds,1.3 blocks on 61% FG

"DPOY's" opponent (KG and Hibbert):
14.5 points,13.3 rebounds,2 blocks on 65.7% FG

Basically the whole team played like shit except these two:

Raymond Felton:
19.3 points,3.3 rebounds,4.3 assists on 50% FG (33.3% for three)

Iman Shumpert:
13 points,7 rebounds,0.8 assists on 48% FG (46.7% for three)

Last edited by Clutch : 05-06-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #95
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Every time Melo attacks the rim, there's a call missing.
Hibbert should have fouled out in the third quarter, unless there is a new rule that lets players block the opponent's face instead of the ball and/or run into the opponent's body. If that's the rule then the Pacers win the ring with LeBron shooting 1/15 and Hibbert is DPOY for the next 5 years.

One thing is defending hard, another thing is defending dirty.
If this is the going, I'm worried.

We need to accept that and stop looking at the refs in disbelief every time there is a no call. We need to go right back at those bitches. Kenyon Martin does not give a **** about these *******.
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #96
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Teams that shoot jump shots on ISO plays don't rebound well. No ball movement No penetration makes a stagnant offense. Which leads to the teams defense falling apart and not having time to set up.

Can't blame Tyson for Melo and JR not being able to shoot or pass or start ball movement. They havent been calling fouls for Melo all year long why assume it would change now.

KD is in the same situation and he finds a way to get it done efficiently. Serge Ibaka did nothing game one and if the Thunder loses I dont think he will get the brunt of the blame.

This is one bad thing about Knick fans its blame game all the time not just in forums but radio, conversations everywhere.

Basically Melo and JR play better and smarter this team can win they play poorly and dumb then the Knicks will lose.

But I read the same stuff all the time here gets kind of boring and monotonous.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #97
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Teams that shoot jump shots on ISO plays don't rebound well. No ball movement No penetration makes a stagnant offense. Which leads to the teams defense falling apart and not having time to set up.

Can't blame Tyson for Melo and JR not being able to shoot or pass or start ball movement. They havent been calling fouls for Melo all year long why assume it would change now.

KD is in the same situation and he finds a way to get it done efficiently. Serge Ibaka did nothing game one and if the Thunder loses I dont think he will get the brunt of the blame.

This is one bad thing about Knick fans its blame game all the time not just in forums but radio, conversations everywhere.

Basically Melo and JR play better and smarter this team can win they play poorly and dumb then the Knicks will lose.

But I read the same stuff all the time here gets kind of boring and monotonous.

Agreed 100%
+ Melo being somehow hated by the refs
Old 05-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #98
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Agreed 100%
+ Melo being somehow hated by the refs
I dont know why the refs has been eating the whistle on this guy. He could easily average 10 attempts per game.

But again its neither here nor there on why the team struggles.

Off shooting nights can happen then play smarter. Game 6 against Boston was similar except the ball movement was good so other players had to step up.

Last edited by Rameek : 05-06-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #99
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

End of the day, like I said, I'm not even going to harp on Chandler. You guys are just saying now what I'd been telling you was going to happen all year. I told you guys he was overrated. Same with Jason Kidd, who is an absolute scrub.

We can nitpick everyone's games. We can't put emphasis on one player over the other. We can do all of that. End of the day, I have to do something I haven't done in a while. I have to give Scooter some props. I love the way Woody carries himself as a coach. I love what he stands for. I love his motivational skills. I love how he holds players accountable. That being said, Scooter was ded right from jump....the guy is a TERRIBLE X's and O's caoch. He just simply is incapable of consistently making adjustments. Much like Robert Guerrero on Saturday night, he struggles when it comes to formulating a plan B.

I was sitting down thinking about it one day. We blame certain guys for not passing the ball. We complain when shots aren't falling. We complain when Felton is shooting shots we feel are out of his element. One thing NONE of us consistently mention is actually the biggest source of our offensive woes.

WHEN DO WE EVER RUN PLAYS FOR PLAYERS OTHER THAN TYSON CHANDLER?

I mean seriously. How often do we consistently run plays for Melo? Durant gets all types of down screens and curls. LeBron gets all types of back doors and lobs. What do we do, on a regular basis, to get our best player easy shots? It's ok....I'll wait.

When do we ever run things to get JR lobs or curls for open 3's?

How often do we try to get Novak open? (even though I'd rather him be glued to the bench anyway)

What do we do to get Shumpert easy shots besides hoping people double Melo?

When do we ever see guys cutting to the basket?

When do we ever run down screens, back door cuts, etc?

Only player we seem to run consistent plays for is Chandler in pick and roll. We run the majority of our plays for arguably our worst offensively skilled player lmao That sounds like a recipe for disaster.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #100
Rameek
Krust Kingz

It's no revelation that Woody isnt a good X's and O's coach.

I just dont really get where all the bashing, moaning, groaning, complaining gets you. At some point it becomes rhetoric and now clutch has followed suit. Nothing being said has changed from the beginning of the year.

This team has won 54 games and has a 2nd seed, made it out the 1st round. I mean isnt there anything else to talk about or anything new to discuss.

Melo is a superstar dont bash him.
Woody is a bad coach.
Grunwald is a terrible GM.
This team is old.
X,Y,Z player sucks.
Cut this one trade that one.

There has to be more than just that?

Here's something. Shump looks good. He is confident and his put back dunk the other day off the rim was amazing. Boy he is taking the open shots making things happen. Maybe he can be a pretty good NBA player if he can work on his offensive game.

Thank goodness the Knicks got Kenyon. He has played solid defense no layup rule is in effect. Gives 100 % effort every time he's on the floor. Looks like a solid front court with Chandler and Kenyon down low.

Look at how aggressive Felton has played. No more of those 5pt 2 assist 5 turnover games. He is really bringing it from the PG position. I really think he and Prigs should start making more decisions with the ball instead of Melo and JR. Thats their job.

Although Indiana had so many players step up during game 1 if the Knicks can stop West and Paul they can turn this thing around.

Sometimes it's ok to be a little optimistic as a fan instead of so pessimistic.

Last edited by Rameek : 05-06-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #101
Jasi
Quality?

On the other hand we can say Woody is exploiting the best from this squad.
Our two best players are two great iso players. He lets them do their thing, with the good and the bad (as Rameek said, they play smart we win, the play dumb we lose)
I don't like this style, but it's brought us here, which was completely unexpected at the start of the season considering our roster (see the "predict the Knicks record" thread...). Are we sure that a different style would have been more effective?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #102
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what i dont get is, for the past 2 games, felton has been beasting for the first 3 quarters, and when things start the get ugly, we completely ignore him and constantly do iso in the 4th with melo at the top with the ball telling everyone to get out of the way , then drives, miss, complain about fouls.

and what can felton say other than, we have to go to our best player in crunch time, but melo has been awful shooting the whole playoffs, yet we still go to him like beating a dead horse
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #103
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
It's no revelation that Woody isnt a good X's and O's coach.

I just dont really get where all the bashing, moaning, groaning, complaining gets you. At some point it becomes rhetoric and now clutch has followed suit. Nothing being said has changed from the beginning of the year.

This team has won 54 games and has a 2nd seed, made it out the 1st round. I mean isnt there anything else to talk about or anything new to discuss.

Melo is a superstar dont bash him.
Woody is a bad coach.
Grunwald is a terrible GM.
This team is old.
X,Y,Z player sucks.
Cut this one trade that one.

There has to be more than just that?

Here's something. Shump looks good. He is confident and his put back dunk the other day off the rim was amazing. Boy he is taking the open shots making things happen. Maybe he can be a pretty good NBA player if he can work on his offensive game.

Thank goodness the Knicks got Kenyon. He has played solid defense no layup rule is in effect. Gives 100 % effort every time he's on the floor. Looks like a solid front court with Chandler and Kenyon down low.

Look at how aggressive Felton has played. No more of those 5pt 2 assist 5 turnover games. He is really bringing it from the PG position. I really think he and Prigs should start making more decisions with the ball instead of Melo and JR. Thats their job.

Although Indiana had so many players step up during game 1 if the Knicks can stop West and Paul they can turn this thing around.

Sometimes it's ok to be a little optimistic as a fan instead of so pessimistic.

But when I was trying to do all that...this board was dead. Ask Knickscity. It was a ghost town.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #104
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
But when I was trying to do all that...this board was dead. Ask Knickscity. It was a ghost town.
It's time to bring the MOJO of Love. Mostly everything you said is accurate but we tend to criticize even in W's.

I want us to dispute the level of excitement and love for players. Its time for us to get behind this Knick bandwagon and push it to the ECF!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #105
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The winner of game 2 is gonna win the series, that will be my prediction.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: