Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #106
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

Even Mike Woodson can see it:

Knicks coach Mike Woodson called out Tyson Chandler yesterday, saying his center was outplayed by the Pacers’ Roy Hibbert and declaring that he needs Chandler to win his matchup against the Indiana big man going forward.
“[Chandler] was in foul trouble, but individual matchups are gonna be the difference in this series,” Woodson said. “I thought Hibbert played better tonight. I’ve got to get Tyson playing better than Hibbert.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...MwX0kzFcHjoWzM
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #107
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The winner of game 2 is gonna win the series, that will be my prediction.
NBA playoff series are too long and the breaks are too long so its hard to have momentum. The most talented team and the team that executes the best will always win.

I have to believe the ball will be in Felton and Prigs hands more from this point on to get everyone invested. This team has proven they can overcome bad shooting nights by Melo and JR if they get everyone involved. I have to believe ISO dumb ball wont sink this team.

Stop West and Paul let the chips fall where they may.

I have to say this series was always going to go 6 or 7.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #108
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

If you watch games and you go 1 on 3 or 1 on 4 with jumpshots and they dont go in how that can negatively impact a whole team.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #109
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
It's time to bring the MOJO of Love. Mostly everything you said is accurate but we tend to criticize even in W's.

I want us to dispute the level of excitement and love for players. Its time for us to get behind this Knick bandwagon and push it to the ECF!
I did this last series. I was just happy to get out the 1st round. To be completely honest, as I said before, I wasn't even that mad when we lost Sunday. We got out the 1st round, the Nuggets lost in the 1st round, Floyd Mayweather put on a brilliant exhibition of pure boxing....overall... It was a pretty damn good sports week.

Now if I could just get this stomach virus out my system
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #110
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Listen from my eyes. I am utterly shocked that this team was able to grab the 2nd seed. I am playing with house money personally anything after this really is beyond my expectations. With all the deficiencies all over the place they have created a miracle.

This same horrible roster that Grunwald put together, the lack of x's and o'z, with only 1 superscorer etc etc.... Has come together and gave us a miracle. Let's embrace it and rock on.

WE ARE PLAYING WITH HOUSE MONEY PEOPLE! ECF here we come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I did this last series. I was just happy to get out the 1st round. To be completely honest, as I said before, I wasn't even that mad when we lost Sunday. We got out the 1st round, the Nuggets lost in the 1st round, Floyd Mayweather put on a brilliant exhibition of pure boxing....overall... It was a pretty damn good sports week.

Now if I could just get this stomach virus out my system
echinacea

Last edited by Rameek : 05-07-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #111
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I feel you man. I think this team overachieved something serious.

What's echinacea
Old 05-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #112
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I was telling a buddy of mine if the Pacers play through David then Paul George this is going to be a long series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I feel you man. I think this team overachieved something serious.

What's echinacea
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...Name=ECHINACEA
Old 05-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #113
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A total team effort everyone got their chance to get in and contribute.

Also quite content to see melo have an efficient scoring night and had a good amount of assists.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #114
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

did everyone get out of the water safely? probably typical knick fan reaction to expect the worse

Last edited by bluechox2 : 05-07-2013 at 11:44 PM.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #115
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The winner of game 2 is gonna win the series, that will be my prediction.
good call
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:48 AM   #116
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I believe we can beat them in Indiana.

J.R. shot 3-15,it can hardly get worse than that. Tyson had 4 rebounds,it can hardly get any worse.
All it took was Melo to get hot for a quarter and we blew them out by 20+.

Pacers aren't a good offensive team. I'll say that they overachieved on offense in game 1 which was also a product of our poor defense.

If we can keep playing this kind of defense,Tyson starts to rebound and defend better,either Melo or J.R. has a solid shooting night and the Pacers aren't ridiculously hot from outside we'll win one for sure.

Let's talk about our offense for a little. This is the best I've seen our offense look in the playoffs. Yeah,the shots weren't falling until the 4th quarter but there was a ton of ball movement. Everyone got good looks. There was almost no isolation,except J.R.Smith iso for stretches and a few for Melo.
Felton and Shump had yet another great game. That dunk from Shump made me jump out of my couch
And Prigioni...he was amazing. So good that the Garden crowd was chanting "PABLO" every time he touched the ball. Just
Tyson had another bad game but at least he set good screens,he deserves credit for that.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #117
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I agree about the ball movement. That's the most sets and plays I've ever seen us run in an entire game. Melo not only got going but he did so by taking easy shots. He took those easy shots because we got him in positions that were to his advantage. Felton and Prigioni played really well. Shumpert though... Incredible. I was so proud of him. Not only did he play with confidence but the last 3 games, he's been trusting the knee and exploding. That dunk was ESPN top play worthy. He pulled it from WAAAAAYYY back. Kenyon played very well also. He was a shot blocking presence. He was scoring with the left and right hand. He made Hibbert's doofy @$$ move his feet. I was impressed.

I disagree however that JR and Chandler can't get worse. I'll add Kidd to that as well. JR's confidence is shot. He got some steals and it was like he didn't want to take advantage of the fast break out of fear of messing up. You can't play like that. I saw Melo constantly telling him "keep shooting." Even when Melo started getting hot, he told JR "they're gonna fall, they're gonna fall." AS far as Chandler goes...this was actually a step up from Game 1 So yes...it can get worse. I just don't get how him and Kidd seem to be exempt from blame in the media. They've been putrid. Jared Zwerling, from ESPN New York, was just fishing for nice things to say about them. Talking about Kidd's tip save to Chandler and Chandler setting a nice screen. I'm sorry. Those are nice individual plays, but it doesn't excuse the fact that both players have been no shows for the playoffs. And why does Kidd get so much burn. Woody takes Shumpert out all the time for Kidd even if Shump is hot. Quite frankly, they can both take their asses back to Dallas for all I care.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #118
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kidd is a liability on offense but on defense he was stellar. Our defense flipped a switch in the second half, and part of that was the trap with KMart on high pick and rolls. That pressure startled their perimeter guys into turnovers and disrupted their ability to function in the halfcourt, directly resulting in their drought. Kidd played a crucial role in some of those aggressive traps, deflecting passes and D-ing up George one-on-one several occasions and holding him scoreless, etc.

Chandler is just completely useless. He is our best defender on Hibbert just because he is long, I'll give him that. But his help defense is non existent.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #119
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

JR needs help getting effective looks. I put Woodson at fault for his. We run curls to get Felton open for easy mid range jumpers. Ran one for Melo off the inbounds. It's time for JR to get them and consistently. He's not an effective iso scorer against elite defenses. He can't run a pick and roll correctly. Bring him off screens like Indiana does with George.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #120
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Melo's game was absolutely flawless. 3 assists, 0 turnovers. Each assist was a three-pointer. I'm glad Melo heard Bernard King's comments about him being selfish. He was primarily a facilitator and decoy in the first half. He missed shots, yes, but the vast majority of his shots were high-percentage shots. Him erupting in the second half bodes well for the future. With the three day layoff I expect him to be healthier and fresher and prefer more up to par with his regular season performance (44-46% FG).

He's gotta stop the rushed pull-up three pointers, though. His three hasn't been falling and those are wasted possessions.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: