Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #16
Shade8780
poo

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: questions for rufuspaul, resident dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

I will prescribe a chlorhexidine mouthwash for patients with chronic gum disease but for most people brushing and flossing are enough. If people want to use mouthwash that's fine, but it's not a substitute for flossing, which is what people want it to be.
How often should you floss? I never floss Should you brush your teeth before or after breakfast?

Last edited by Shade8780 : 04-23-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #17
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
How often should you floss? I never floss Should you brush your teeth before or after breakfast?

Directions on my toothpaste say that ideally you should brush after every meal, but twice a day should suffice.

I think the same goes for flossing.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #18
nathanjizzle
Not a genius :(

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

rufus, what is that room that has the super tinted window that on looks the lobby.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #19
Iceberg Slim
KID CLUTCH

Iceberg Slim has an OK reputation so far

how do I get rid of onion breath without stop eating onions
Iceberg Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #20
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

rufus serious question. My dentist told my lady she needs her wisdom teeth out. They are all out and aren't giving her problems, but he says leaving them in can cause issues. Is this true, and if so, how much does it cost to yank em out? I've heard between 1k to 2k. Is that accurate?

Disclaimer: I actually went to the dentist today. No cavities. Gold star for me.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #21
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
rufus serious question. My dentist told my lady she needs her wisdom teeth out. They are all out and aren't giving her problems, but he says leaving them in can cause issues. Is this true, and if so, how much does it cost to yank em out? I've heard between 1k to 2k. Is that accurate?

Disclaimer: I actually went to the dentist today. No cavities. Gold star for me.

I really can't give advice on a specific problem without seeing the patient, x-rays, etc. Here's some info on wisdom teeth that might help:

http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/az-to...dom-teeth.aspx
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #22
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg Slim
how do I get rid of onion breath without stop eating onions

Eat garlic. It will over-power the onions.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #23
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
Directions on my toothpaste say that ideally you should brush after every meal, but twice a day should suffice.

I think the same goes for flossing.

If you brush well twice a day and floss once a day you're doing better than most.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #24
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
rufus, what is that room that has the super tinted window that on looks the lobby.

No comment.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #25
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

All the negative reviews about Crest Pro-Health mouthwash were confirmed for me.

Leaves brown stains on teeth, long-lasting horrible aftertaste, kills tastebuds, etc.

Poured it out after a couple uses. Stay away, gentlemen.

Last edited by HardwoodLegend : 04-28-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #26
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

http://lifehacker.com/5978107/dont-r...ing-your-teeth

Old 05-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #27
D-Rose

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Had a root canal done today. Walked in for a check up and they're like "well, we can do the root canal and crown now"...i reluctantly said yes lol. I was waiting for it to hurt...but never did. In the 7-8 hours since then, it hurt for about an hour, had a nasty headache and the crown hurt, but that went away with some excedrin...got some vicodin too.

Freaking dentist was mean though, man. She must not have attended patient sensitivity in dental school.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #28
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Had a root canal done today. Walked in for a check up and they're like "well, we can do the root canal and crown now"...i reluctantly said yes lol. I was waiting for it to hurt...but never did. In the 7-8 hours since then, it hurt for about an hour, had a nasty headache and the crown hurt, but that went away with some excedrin...got some vicodin too.

Freaking dentist was mean though, man. She must not have attended patient sensitivity in dental school.

Is the pain bad? I'm going to need a root canal soon and I don't take pain pills.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #29
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

I will prescribe a chlorhexidine mouthwash for patients with chronic gum disease but for most people brushing and flossing are enough. If people want to use mouthwash that's fine, but it's not a substitute for flossing, which is what people want it to be.
how dare you question my shortcuts. What about a waterpik with mouthwash!?!?!??!?!

Ill never floss again!
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #30
D-Rose

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
Is the pain bad? I'm going to need a root canal soon and I don't take pain pills.
The headache and tooth pain I had for an hour or so was probably a 6 on 1-10 scale of pain. I had to lay down and turn lights off and shit.

I will say that it was nowhere near as bad as I've heard everyone say it is.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: