Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation
Default Do Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes have all star potential?

Lee was an all star. Curry surely has the talent for it. But what about Barnes and Thompson? I think they might have the potential to make it in the future. There aren't a lot of small forwards in the west making it, just Durant. And with Kobe in the last part of his career, there aren't a whole lot of shooting guards making it either. Sure, the point guard spot is very packed. But do they have all star caliber potential? That's what I want to discuss.

Klay is very much like Curry, but not quite as consistent. He's more streaky, but he still shot about 40 percent from beyond the arch and had a Reggie Miller type season from the three point line, he was 3rd in the league in makes. And the kid is a 6 foot 7 guard like Miller, has potential to play really good D. He has shut down superior talent this year: Chris Paul and Tony Parker. That is the unique thing about Klay. He is big but can guard smaller and quicker opponents.

Now as far as Barnes, he clearly has some of the best dunks of the year. But he needs development. He needs to become more of a leader in the future. I think he has potential. Boston wanted to give up Pierce to get him. They were willing to take on Biedrins's contract. Barnes has size and athleticism. His shot does need to improve a bit though.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes have all star potential?

Potential yeah they do, one thing about Klay I know its all two games but the guy seems like hes built for the playoffs, hes got no fear which is vital in important games. Hes stepped up his game hard in the start of the playoffs.

Built for playoffs> Allstar
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

Why do u care? We all know ur a closet Lakers fan. Quit the act already
u talk more shit on the warriors then ANYBODY on here.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
coin24
Very good NBA starter

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Finally you make a decent thread
Klay is beasting so far, Shooting the lights out!
That Barnes reverse, I came

Sucks about lee, but I actually think the warriors have a bright future.

George Karl sucks so the warriors have a chance to take this series IMO
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
Crafty
fcporto

Crafty has an OK reputation so far

Barnes? Most likely.
Klay? I have no clue
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have no idea, but their team is fun as hell to watch. As long as they stay healthy, they'll have a bright future ahead.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is a pretty well-respected posterknickswin is a pretty well-respected posterknickswin is a pretty well-respected posterknickswin is a pretty well-respected poster

they both definitely do
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #8
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i think barnes more than thompson. barnes has great athleticism, some of his dunks make you go
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #9
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Can't see any reason Barnes can't be at least as good as Paul George in a few years.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #10
Haymaker
College superstar

Haymaker is a pretty well-respected posterHaymaker is a pretty well-respected posterHaymaker is a pretty well-respected poster

Klay is a lethal shooter, of course he has AS potential. I'd love him on SAS.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
MrRogers
I airball my layups

MrRogers has an OK reputation so far

KT for sure. I love his size *pause*, and that kid can play D and cook you when his offensive game is on. I had no idea who he was until they traded Monta Ellis and I started watching the Warriors on League Pass.

HB. No. But he'll be a vital cog. Kinda like a Caron Butler. Great charcter guy, fringe all-star.
MrRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #12
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

Not if they both stay as Warriors. Curry will be a lock going forward, and there is no way they can get 3 players in. Maybe once each.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #13
Mass Debator
National High School Star

Mass Debator has decent reputationMass Debator has decent reputation

Potential? Yes.
Will they ever be? Let's see.

Top all-star vote getters:
Kobe - 2-3 years
CP3 - 5-7 years
Lin
Harden - 7-10 years
Westbrook - 7-8 years
Nash - 0 years
Parker - 1-3 years
Curry
Rubio
Ginobili - 2 years max

So in the next 7 years, CP3, Harden, Westbrook, and Curry will still be at the top of the backcourt voting. Klay will be like 30 years old when he has a chance to slip in unless he totally outdoes the top 4 (as mentioned above) in the years before. I don't see him making an all-star in his career. This doesn't even include future prospects.

I see Barnes having a better chance but I am still very skeptical about it.
Mass Debator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #14
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Debator
Potential? Yes.
Will they ever be? Let's see.

Top all-star vote getters:
Kobe - 2-3 years
CP3 - 5-7 years
Lin
Harden - 7-10 years
Westbrook - 7-8 years
Nash - 0 years
Parker - 1-3 years
Curry
Rubio
Ginobili - 2 years max

So in the next 7 years, CP3, Harden, Westbrook, and Curry will still be at the top of the backcourt voting. Klay will be like 30 years old when he has a chance to slip in unless he totally outdoes the top 4 (as mentioned above) in the years before. I don't see him making an all-star in his career. This doesn't even include future prospects.

I see Barnes having a better chance but I am still very skeptical about it.

generous estimate for kobe there...
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #15
Mass Debator
National High School Star

Mass Debator has decent reputationMass Debator has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
generous estimate for kobe there...
If he plays, he's pretty much a lock for next year. The following year is more questionable, but again, if he plays, I think the league and voting fans are just obligated to vote him in out of respect. He'll still be averaging 20/5/5 if healthy. I don't see him playing for more than 3 years though.
Mass Debator is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: