Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #6316
BuffaloBill
Half Man

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever LIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcogswell
It was a good movie, I prefer it over the original trilogy. I couldn't stand Dafoe as the green goblin, and going back to watch the original movies I can safely say Garfield did a better job then goofy ass MaGuire

I agree. They got Peter Parker and Spider-Man all wrong in the first trilogy. I don't think they did any research about the Spider-Man comic books before making those movies.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #6317
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
2. They didn't try to make it into a comedy. It was dark/serious, and funny and lighthearted when it needed to be. Maybe dark isn't the right word, but it felt more "real" than a lot of comic book movies. You could actually feel the characters

4. The characters. Uncle Ben and Aunt May were perfect. You mentioned Emma Stone, but I thought she was really good in this movie. All of the actors did a really good job. Especially Garfiled.

The Lizard was also handled really well. Watch the Amazing Spider-Man and then go back and look at Venom from Spider-Man 3. Venom is one of the greatest comic book villains of all time. Marc Webb did a lot more with a lot less.

Have you ever read a Spiderman comic? They are f*cking funny. Spiderman isn't dark, and making something darker doesn't make it better.

Aunt May in the Raimi trilogy was perfectly cast. Uncle Ben shouldn't be in a Spiderman movie.

The Lizard looked like shit, Doc Ock looked awesome.

Webb didn't do more with less. I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #6318
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
Why??

Why not?
Old 05-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #6319
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Have you ever read a Spiderman comic? They are f*cking funny. Spiderman isn't dark, and making something darker doesn't make it better.

Aunt May in the Raimi trilogy was perfectly cast. Uncle Ben shouldn't be in a Spiderman movie.

Plus Raimi did the silver age, and he captured those ridiculously well.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #6320
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Why not?
Good point.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #6321
BuffaloBill
Half Man

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Aunt May in the Raimi trilogy was perfectly cast.

Have you ever read a Spider-Man Comic? The movie was the origin of Spider-Man, his teenage/early years were dark. His first love was Gwen Stacy, not Mary Jane. He had web shooters, not the power to shoot webs out of his wrists. The real Spider-Man often cracks jokes, like he did in Amazing Spider-Man. You got none of that in the original trilogy.

I liked the original trilogy, especially Spider-Man 2. But when it comes to staying somewhat true to the comics, The Amazing Spider-Man did a far better job than the Raimi trilogy.

And I wasn't comparing The Lizard to Doc Ock, I compared him to Venom.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #6322
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh man Prof, gonna go ham.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #6323
Rose
nanu nanu

Coincidentally, I want ham now. And I'm not even a big fan of ham.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #6324
Knicks101
Taken

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Why not?

Food tastes good, and not being hungry feels good.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #6325
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I like their nuggets but I'm afraid they're not even close to a real chicken.
Their bacon is terrible. It's not even bacon. It's plastic, flavorless, cold pile of bacon-looking shit.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #6326
BuffaloBill
Half Man

Quote:

He didn't fuck up the Lizard is what I mean. Venom could have been one of the most epic movie villains ever. But he ended up being awful and completely rushed. Eddie Brock wasn't even Eddie Brock ffs. It would have been better if he just left Venom out of the movie all together.

Just clearing that up.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #6327
Deleterious
Banned

Deleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
What are you gonna do for just an hour?

It was nice weather so I ended up going out with a friend and we just took a walk outside it is refreshing.

What more did we do?

*I smoked she got bothered by it
*We bought slush, I had the red color.
*Nothing else before we decided to go home.

No one is down on doing anything tonight so I'll just chill @ home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
I'm gon get some food from Burger King and then i'm going to smoke one or two cigarettes and then i'm going to watch a movie

maybe even jerk off later but maybe i won't

What more can a man ask for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
The Burger King near is just depressing. Usually always empty, and the staff have no idea what it's doing. Yesterday I was planning on going to McDonalds, but that shit was real crowded. Like people eating outside crowded.

So I went to the BK down the street. Just one couple there on probably the worst date of all time. Definitely bottom 10. A car or two went through the Drive Thru in my time there.

I ordered a simple chicken sandwish meal... Took over 8 minutes to get it done. It was really bad. Real real bad. I actually offered to work there because holy shit that was an experience quite frankly I'd like to forget.

Are BKs usually that empty and bad ??

I live in the middle of the city so no we have a couple of Burger Kings that are always filled at peak hours, there is also five billion mcdonalds that are always packed.

Worst part of Stockholm though is that H&M is on every turn you go.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #6328
BuffaloBill
Half Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Oh man Prof, gonna go ham.

I want to hear what he has to say. So many people shit on the Amazing Spider-Man for no reason. I just want to know why everyone thinks it's so bad.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #6329
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Have you ever read a Spider-Man Comic? The movie was the origin of Spider-Man, his teenage/early years were dark. His first love was Gwen Stacy, not Mary Jane. He had web shooters, not the power to shoot webs out of his wrists. The real Spider-Man often cracks jokes, like he did in Amazing Spider-Man. You got none of that in the original trilogy.

I liked the original trilogy, especially Spider-Man 2. But when it comes to staying somewhat true to the comics, The Amazing Spider-Man did a far better job than the Raimi trilogy.

And I wasn't comparing The Lizard to Doc Ock, I compared him to Venom.

Shitty teen storylines were ret-conned after the comic was established. Just like Wolverine and his stupid bone claws.

They chose MJ because she was a big part in the 90s (especially the cartoon) and would be more relevant to non comic fans.

Web shooters were avoided because that would take a few minutes to explain how Peter was that mechanically smart at the end of high school. It's much easier to just have it be a power and move the story along.

I do wish there were a few more one liners in Raimi's, but that doesn't bother me much.

The tone of the first two Raimi movies was like the comic. The new one just tried to piggyback off of the 'dark and emo' superhero shit around now.

Venom looked like shit, Sandman looked like shit, Lizard looked like shit. The Green Goblin looked adequate and Ock was great.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #6330
Rose
nanu nanu

Sandman was awesome.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread