Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #6481
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever LIV

hey man, whats wrong with carlos
Old 05-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #6482
Rose
Roses Malone

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1368237537

Old 05-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #6483
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

every joey crawford game is going to be completely fcked. the nba looks horrible by letting him continue to work.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #6484
Rose
Roses Malone

I've never had Church's before. I've seen two that I can remember, one closed a month after it opened. And the other is right next too (or inside?) a really really really really really really really really really really really really really ghetto gas station.

Patrick is it good, bad, or meh?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #6485
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

never had it either
Old 05-11-2013, 02:06 AM   #6486
Rose
Roses Malone

I'm kinda tired.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:10 AM   #6487
Rose
Roses Malone

We really need to be able to have bigger avys.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:13 AM   #6488
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
We really need to be able to have bigger avys.

u really need to be able to make better avy decisions. every single one has sucked.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:14 AM   #6489
Rose
Roses Malone

They're consistent though. And I've always been open to any suggestions.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 AM   #6490
DMV2
Shot caller

Rose, tell me what your amateur journalism career was like. I'll tell you mine if you wanna hear.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:21 AM   #6491
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Old 05-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #6492
Rose
Roses Malone

It was okay, I enjoyed my professors, and the sports classes I took were amongst my favorite so far in college.

My internship was awful though. I actually quit in less than a week. I didn't even get coffee or anything. tl;dr I was basically left to do whatever, but I didn't have anything with me.

The first day I got to see what it was like working there. Got to sit on meetings, watch people getting their assignments, watch people turn their work in then get berated over it. Pretty cool stuff. I got to talk with other people find out what it was like.

Day two i was basically errand boy. Running from floor-floor giving messages because the telephone lines were out/1939.

Day three-four I was put in a room and told to wait and people would come by and I'd do their paperwork. Literally two guys showed up. The first gave me a sandwich at noon, and the other guy was always asking me if I wanted water. I could only leave for bathroom breaks. And there was nothing in the room but a typewriter, a calculator, a ton of pens/pencils/papers and copy machines and a paper shredder.

And day five they started the same shit again, except I got bitched at for not doing anything the two days prior. Even though I was told that they would come to me, and no one gave me jack shit or even entered the room besides other interns. So I quit. And said **** that place.

Your turn.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #6493
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

two thumbs up for that story - glad i never watched the movie
Old 05-11-2013, 02:38 AM   #6494
BuffaloBill
#HugLife

Saw a real ghost today
Old 05-11-2013, 02:44 AM   #6495
DMV2
Shot caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
It was okay, I enjoyed my professors, and the sports classes I took were amongst my favorite so far in college.

My internship was awful though. I actually quit in less than a week. I didn't even get coffee or anything. tl;dr I was basically left to do whatever, but I didn't have anything with me.

The first day I got to see what it was like working there. Got to sit on meetings, watch people getting their assignments, watch people turn their work in then get berated over it. Pretty cool stuff. I got to talk with other people find out what it was like.

Day two i was basically errand boy. Running from floor-floor giving messages because the telephone lines were out/1939.

Day three-four I was put in a room and told to wait and people would come by and I'd do their paperwork. Literally two guys showed up. The first gave me a sandwich at noon, and the other guy was always asking me if I wanted water. I could only leave for bathroom breaks. And there was nothing in the room but a typewriter, a calculator, a ton of pens/pencils/papers and copy machines and a paper shredder.

And day five they started the same shit again, except I got bitched at for not doing anything the two days prior. Even though I was told that they would come to me, and no one gave me jack shit or even entered the room besides other interns. So I quit. And said **** that place.

Your turn.
I see why left the program. Sucks to hear your internship went badly.

I liked my professors and classes too. Only thing I wish was different was that there was actually a class for learning how to conduct interviews, using resources, etc. My professors just taught us to use the AP style, how to grab readers with headlines, how to construct your paragraph and flow, etc.

For the student paper, I started out as a copy editor, which was the most boring assignment ever. After that they gave me the second sports reporter gig, mainly because they didn't have anybody else to do it. They assigned me to cover our women's basketball team and men's soccer team for two semesters. It was brutal trying to be positive writing about them because they only won maybe 3 or 4 games during each season. Covering the women's team was weird at first cuz I only talked to them during practice. And after each games they didn't want to talk to me because they always lose. LOL. I did cover our baseball team one semester and they went to the playoffs. That was fun.

I did an internship at the local paper. Enjoyed it. Did a lot of short write ups of little league games. The senior editor actually offered me a very part-time(like 8-12 hours) gig for their Web site stuff after I was done with school, they were trying to expand their Web site. I had one year left of school after that internship but I never contact the guy about that online offer.

I guess kinda blew my opportunity. I think in the back of my mind I wasn't even ready because I half-assed my way through school. So when the real world opportunity hit I lost a lot of confidence because I knew I didn't really put 100% effort and wouldn't retain my skills. Oh, well. It was a pretty cool experience.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread