Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #61
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Microsoft to unveil new Xbox on May 21

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #62
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hardware panel in 45 minutes.

http://majornelson.com/
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #63
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Nice.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #64
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That controller test lab was cool as ****.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #65
Asiantastic
30 Rock

Asiantastic has an OK reputation so far

The hardware looks pretty amazing I've got to say. And I love that the entire thing comes with Kinect packed in.

Features were pretty cool. Nothing really stood out except for the speed of the console and it's responsiveness to voice commands. Game wise it was pretty disappointing. I guess we all have to wait for E3.
Asiantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #66
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Nice. Fukc Ryan Davis though, that guy is a douche.

Prediction? Seems like the obvious: they are going to go into a direction I'm not very interested in. Cable integration. More Kinect. More family oriented. More internet/online oriented. Less exclusive A titles.
Co-sign.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #67
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

also sorta no used games on Xbox 1 , you have to straight DL your ga on the system and then when you use the disc on another unit you have to pay a fee to use it on that system.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #68
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

Pretty disappointed
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #69
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
FIFA 14, Madden 14 and the UFC game looked great.

I'm not so sure that was actual gameplay footage. Remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ajPL3Kna4

EA Sports has always been full of shit.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #70
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiantastic
The hardware looks pretty amazing I've got to say. And I love that the entire thing comes with Kinect packed in.

Features were pretty cool. Nothing really stood out except for the speed of the console and it's responsiveness to voice commands. Game wise it was pretty disappointing. I guess we all have to wait for E3.
If the hardware is amazing to you, then the PS4's must be jawdropping.

The Xbox One has slightly weaker hardware than the PS4
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #71
Rose
nanu nanu

So M$ stock dropped, and Sony's went up. Not surprised.

-The used game fee bullshit is horrible.
-The 500gb of space but you HAVE TO install the game? Wtf. A blu ray disc is up to 50gb. That's 10 installs, realistically though that's only 50 game at a max.. So if you're an earlier adopter...you're screwed.
-So why not uninstall? Given how M$ is doing this generation it seems they might not even save your info in the cloud that you actually bought the game.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #72
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
So M$ stock dropped, and Sony's went up. Not surprised.

-The used game fee bullshit is horrible.
-The 500gb of space but you HAVE TO install the game? Wtf. A blu ray disc is up to 50gb. That's 10 installs, realistically though that's only 50 game at a max.. So if you're an earlier adopter...you're screwed.
-So why not uninstall? Given how M$ is doing this generation it seems they might not even save your info in the cloud that you actually bought the game.
where did you get this from?

If i have to cancel gamefly because the new xbox wont play used games i dont think i would buy xboxone
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #73
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
where did you get this from?

If i have to cancel gamefly because the new xbox wont play used games i dont think i would buy xboxone

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/0...-one-analysis/

"What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

But what if a second person simply wanted to put the disc in and play the game without installing – and without paying extra? In other words, what happens to our traditional concept of a “used game”? This is a question for which Microsoft did not yet have an answer, and is surely something that game buyers (as well as renters and lenders) will want to know. (Update: Microsoft called Wired after this story was originally published to say that the company did have a plan for used games, and that further details were forthcoming.)"

In other words: tba, but it's not looking good.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #74
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I got into xbox 360 late. 2008 when it released in 2005 I believe. So I didnt experience the original xbox. How was the transition from xbox to xbox 360?

My issue is this. I want COD Ghost. I want AC 4. I most certainly want GTA5 the most, screw anything else. ALL drop on xbox 360. And the games could be amazing on it. HOWEVER, if Madden 25 which is one of the few games listed drops on xbox one? How much better will it be and wtf? I refuse to buy two games for two seperate systems. Retarded. I waited since 2008 when GTA 4 dropped. Damn near 5 years for the new one. What happens when that is released on xbox one and is much better than the 360 version? Kind of sucks.

Back to something like Madden 25. That generally drops in late Aug. So the new system come out when? Holiday season? Is that thanksgiving, xmas? If so you will be getting a Madden game extremely late. Thats lame. No backwards compatibility either which also blows ass.

I havent even read much of the used games but the sounds of it is weak. Alot of my games I have on my gamescore was borrowed. I'd borrow games to play/get achievements then return them to my friend. So I wont be able to do this no longer huh?

Finally, any idea of a price? $600?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #75
Rose
nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I got into xbox 360 late. 2008 when it released in 2005 I believe. So I didnt experience the original xbox. How was the transition from xbox to xbox 360?

My issue is this. I want COD Ghost. I want AC 4. I most certainly want GTA5 the most, screw anything else. ALL drop on xbox 360. And the games could be amazing on it. HOWEVER, if Madden 25 which is one of the few games listed drops on xbox one? How much better will it be and wtf? I refuse to buy two games for two seperate systems. Retarded. I waited since 2008 when GTA 4 dropped. Damn near 5 years for the new one. What happens when that is released on xbox one and is much better than the 360 version? Kind of sucks.

Back to something like Madden 25. That generally drops in late Aug. So the new system come out when? Holiday season? Is that thanksgiving, xmas? If so you will be getting a Madden game extremely late. Thats lame. No backwards compatibility either which also blows ass.

I havent even read much of the used games but the sounds of it is weak. Alot of my games I have on my gamescore was borrowed. I'd borrow games to play/get achievements then return them to my friend. So I wont be able to do this no longer huh?

Finally, any idea of a price? $600?
Xbox supported for a year after the 360 was released and then dropped it. I mean just utterly dropped any new game releases anything. they kept up the live servers (and think the dashboard got an update) but that was it.

There's probably gonna be some difference in load times especially with AC4, and I'd assume GTA 5. Probably some difference with graphics. But it won't be a lot. It'll take awhile for the graphics difference to unfold because no one wants to design a game for the 360 and then go design it for the 1, since you can't easily port it over like that. Although Ubisoft has said there's gonna be no load times whatsoever. So we'll see how that unfolds.

Price/release date we might get at E3. Sony and M$ are gonna play cat and mouse on this and see who releases the info first. Because neither one was to price the thing too high and suffer a loss of sales like PS3 did, and then alienate the market for an extended period of time. But they also don't want to lose too much on the consoles at first. Especially since a lot of people may not upgrade right away.

And the used games thing right now is iffy at best. Expect to be screwed, but pray you're not.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: