Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #46
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why The Hell Did LeBron's Tech Get Rescinded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Most techs are bad calls, but none get rescinded... In a LIVE game.

It is a bit strange, but if you saw the play the ref T'd him up for yelling, but LeBron wasn't complaining about the refs call at all. After he explained he wasn't yelling about the call, the ref rescinded the tech. Like I said, it's a bit weird to take back a tech in the middle of the game, but I'd actually like to see more refs take that approach.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:40 AM   #47
catquickspider
Serious playground baller

catquickspider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
LeBron made some demonstrative gestures to himself, as he missed an easy layup under the rim. The ref intially perceived it to be towards him. He would realize this was obviously not the case, so he quickly recanted on that call.

That is ridiculous. Players get stupid techs all the time but they never get rescinded until the next day, if at all. I think this is the first time I have seen this in my time watching the NBA.

Lebron was given a technical. Lebron complained and it was rescinded about 30 secs later. That has never happened before.
catquickspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:41 AM   #48
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Because they thought he was crying about the call when he wasn't.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #49
GrapeApe
High School Varsity 6th Man

GrapeApe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by #number6ix#
It's was a jump ball because the ball got stuck between the rim and backboard before the call was made... Do you think this is a big deal???

Ok, gotcha. I didn't realize the ball got stuck. I heard them say "inadvertent whistle" but I guess that was whistle for the recinded tech. I don't think it's a big deal and I think the official knew he made a mistake as soon as he blew the whistle.
GrapeApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:57 AM   #50
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation here

I have NEVER seen a technical get rescinded in game like that. I remember being so confused when I was watching the game because this literally was unprecedented.

Unbelievable the kind of treatment he gets.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #51
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

secund2nun is starting to rub some people the wrong waysecund2nun is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Why are Laker fans complaining about a bad call being reversed. All the actual rigging you have gotten and you wanna talk trash about it? Just look at the biggest rigging in NBA history in 2002 vs the Kings. Or the massive rigging at the end of this season to get you in the playoffs. Also game 7 2010 finals 4th quarter was suspect.

Last edited by secund2nun : 04-25-2013 at 04:06 AM.
secund2nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:09 AM   #52
beastmode
CP3&BG&JxOVER&DJ&MB&JJ

beastmode has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitPistonFan
I'm talking about during the game. Not rescinding it a day later.

Seen it before.
beastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #53
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode
Seen it before.

me too altho I can't remember exactly when, it came during a similar sequence... maybe someone slamming a ball.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #54
Crafty
fcporto

Crafty has an OK reputation so far

Any video of it?
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: