Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
Miller for 3
Local High School Star

Miller for 3 has a very bad reputationMiller for 3 has a very bad reputationMiller for 3 has a very bad reputationMiller for 3 has a very bad reputation
Default 4 minutes of Jeff Hornacek hitting crazy circus shots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE3OP95yo3g&feature=plcp

Miller for 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Teanett has decent reputation
Default Re: 4 minutes of Jeff Hornacek hitting crazy circus shots

Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

hornacek always looked like that white guy with downs syndrome who bagged your groceries at the store. never judge a book by its cover.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
mobbdeep
I brick open layups

mobbdeep has an OK reputation so far

i appreciate the creativity and the "touch" to make those. Props to Hornacek
mobbdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

The shot he made with his back to the basket, without even looking, just flicking it up there... i thought it was luck, he would never do that again... but then he made it again... and again... and again...
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

If I had to make a basketball team or player watch a single player to learn how to shoot jumpers, it would be Hornacek.

Set, off the dribble, contested, running off screens... This guy was so ****ing money. He also just kept getting better and better as his career went on.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
Calabis
Good college starter

Calabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
If I had to make a basketball team or player watch a single player to learn how to shoot jumpers, it would be Hornacek.

Set, off the dribble, contested, running off screens... This guy was so ****ing money. He also just kept getting better and better as his career went on.

YUP TOO BAD HE COULDN'T PLAY IN THIS ERA OF BADASSES
Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

always felt like he was a modern day incarnation of jerry west.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Good to see someone bring up a very good player from the past like Jeff Hornacek. There have been so many good, really good...not great players that are forgotten. Hornacek was a very good shooter.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

I didn't remember him being as athletic.

I remember I made a comment a while back on how he made tough shots and certain fanboys were pissed off.

He'd be an all star in this era without a doubt. His scoring capabilities would drive defenders crazy. Dude was just awkward to guard, was a great shooter, moved extremely well without the ball, and was very smart. Was great at using angles and catching his opponent off balance and knew how to protect the ball. But I think what made him even better was his toughness. He'd be the tougher player in today's puss#fied era.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #11
Miller for 3
Local High School Star

Miller for 3 has a very bad reputationMiller for 3 has a very bad reputationMiller for 3 has a very bad reputationMiller for 3 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I didn't remember him being as athletic.

I remember I made a comment a while back on how he made tough shots and certain fanboys were pissed off.

He'd be an all star in this era without a doubt. His scoring capabilities would drive defenders crazy. Dude was just awkward to guard, was a great shooter, moved extremely well without the ball, and was very smart. Was great at using angles and catching his opponent off balance and knew how to protect the ball. But I think what made him even better was his toughness. He'd be the tougher player in today's puss#fied era.

Agreed with everything
Miller for 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hornacek is the reason the Jazz went to 2 NBA Finals in a row.

Before that it was Stockton, Malone, and ???? noboby. He was their 3rd guy. The Bosh to their Lebron and Wade.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Hornacek is the reason the Jazz went to 2 NBA Finals in a row.

Before that it was Stockton, Malone, and ???? noboby. He was their 3rd guy. The Bosh to their Lebron and Wade.
Very true.

He was also a very TOUGH defender.

What he lacked in athleticism, he made up in toughness and IQ. If my memory serves me right, I saw him give MJ fits because he simply wouldn't back down but he knew the angles and how to cut MJ off. But more importantly, I can't recall a player give MJ such a hard time on the other end. Most people think about Reggie, Mitch or others, but I feel that Jeff was harder for MJ to guard cause he was constantly moving and just shot awkwardly. He took shots you force people to take so naturally and consistently. I don't remember watching him miss often. A key difference between he and other off the ball players such as Reggie, is that unlike Reggie, Jeff didn't camp out in the perimeter. Jeff was always moving and driving using his body to protect the ball, taking off balance jumpers on the run, something we see little of today.

If Rip is an all star in this era, there is no doubt that Jeff would easily be one. A better defender than Ray, tougher and better player then Rip, can't think of another player like him. I guess a close Ginobli, although Ginobli is better in some areas, while Jeff is slightly better in others.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #14
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
If Rip is an all star in this era, there is no doubt that Jeff would easily be one. A better defender than Ray, tougher and better player then Rip, can't think of another player like him. I guess a close Ginobli, although Ginobli is better in some areas, while Jeff is slightly better in others.

Hard to remember, but Hornacek was not as good as Ginobli. Hornacek did average 20 PPG one season though. Just a great shooter, and yes a very tough and smart player. He fit in well with Malone and Stockton...all hard nosed players.

He's better than Rip Hamilton, I don't think there is any doubt.

TRIVIA: Hornacek was traded with 2 other guys for what player?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #15
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Hard to remember, but Hornacek was not as good as Ginobli. Hornacek did average 20 PPG one season though. Just a great shooter, and yes a very tough and smart player. He fit in well with Malone and Stockton...all hard nosed players.

He's better than Rip Hamilton, I don't think there is any doubt.

TRIVIA: Hornacek was traded with 2 other guys for what player?
Chuck?

In regards to Gino... Gino is better in some aspects. Gino is a better slasher, better athlete and creator. Jeff is a better defender, tougher, better shooter, off the ball etc.

But then again, how would Gino's game translate in Jeff's era?

Jeff without a doubt would flourish even more in today's game. Having said that, he would need to play in a system that would know how to take advantage of his constant movement. Cause if he has a pg that can't pass, or big men that can't set screens, some of his strengths get diminished. But with the puss*fied rules in today's game, he'd be drawing fouls left and right, his game would open up even more. You can't play zone on him cause he'd exploit it, he'll drive down the lane cause you gotta play him close, no hand check rules will allow him that extra step to beat you.... in other words, he'd be a nightmare to guard. Not saying that he'd be an MVP caliber player, but no doubt 2nd ballot all star consistently.

Last edited by andgar923 : 06-21-2012 at 04:06 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: