Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #16
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mispronounced words that annoy you

Lemme axe you dis...
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #17
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
And when black people mispronounce for real and say fur ruueelll instead
Never heard that in my life.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #18
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
These are characteristics of an American accent. What's your native language?

They are characteristics of a lazy accent..
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #19
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hate the axe-ask one
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #20
goldcrow
I brick open layups

goldcrow has an OK reputation so far

How
goldcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #21
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
They are characteristics of a lazy accent..
You are a clown.

What's your native tongue?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #22
goldcrow
I brick open layups

goldcrow has an OK reputation so far

How about misspelled words or phrases? People writing 'should of' instead of 'should have' should go back to grade school.
goldcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #23
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcrow
How about misspelled words or phrases? People writing 'should of' instead of 'should have' should go back to grade school.

or their vs there
your vs you're
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #24
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
You are a clown.

What's your native tongue?

English. I have a standard American accent. Im not even very fluent in Spanish.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #25
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I could care less

This one gets me every time. Think about what you're saying ffs
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #26
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

definitely

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #27
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
English. I have a standard American accent. Im not even very fluent in Spanish.
Are your parents foreigners?

How do you pronounce "countenance"? "Mountain"?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:13 AM   #28
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Yeah, they get confused because of the contraction "should've" sounding like "should of."
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:56 AM   #29
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

for "i could care less" isn't that just display sarcasm????

i don't really use it but i think i remember people use that saying instead if i couldn't care less.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:59 AM   #30
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hate it whenever anybody mispronounces anything.

Most recent example was a friend saying 'assuage' as 'uh-swaj'.

I nearly drove my car off the road.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: