Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default Philly (and sports fans) sports fans: Biggest team disappointment this season?

With the NHL wrapping up and none of our sports franchises making playoffs, despite big off season acquisitions and high expectations. All 4 franchises were serious threats yet had terrible results.

Which was the biggest disappointment?

Flyers
Sixers
Phillies
Eagles

For me it's:

1- Eagles (not really a big NFL fan, but this is what I've been hearing through friends)

2- Flyers, The biggest hole that needed to be filled was goaltending. Giroux stunk, Pronger is gone, and Bryzgalov was a headache. Not to mention Bobrosky is a Vezina candidate. My personal biggest disappointment

3- Sixers, F*(% Bynum

4- Phillies, not big on MLB, but every scouting report had us on top

Last edited by hateraid : 04-25-2013 at 06:35 PM.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Philly (and sports fans) sports fans: Biggest team disappointment this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
With the NHL wrapping up and none of our sports franchises making playoffs, despite big off season acquisitions and high expectations. All 4 franchises were serious threats yet had terrible results.

Which was the biggest disappointment?

Flyers
Sixers
Phillies
Eagles

For me it's:

1- Eagles (not really a big NFL fan, but this is what I've been hearing through friends)

2- Flyers, The biggest hole that needed to be filled was goaltending. Giroux stuck, Pronger is gone, and Bryzgalov was a headache. Not to mention Bobrosky is a Vezina candidate. My personal biggest disappointment

3- Sixers, F*(% Bynum

4- Phillies, not big on MLB, but every scouting report had us on top
yeah man it has been a disappointing season for all of our teams, flyers should have kept jagr and the defense was so terrible. ofcourse theyre playing good now that their out of the playoff race. wayne simmonds has become my favorite player on the team hope he makes the cover of nhl14
Styles p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Philly (and sports fans) sports fans: Biggest team disappointment this season?

cleveland had a very disappointing season with all their teams too. Every pro Cleveland team got a new head coach.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
cleveland had a very disappointing season with all their teams too. Every pro Cleveland team got a new head coach.

But were there any expectations for Cleveland? Cavs were projected to be lottery, Browns considered to finish last, etc.

The Phillies were projected to be a playoff team to World Series contenders if I'm not mistaken and they missed out, Philly = dream team = 4th overall pick, Sixers were projected to rival the Heat but obviously failed.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

No offense but I don't think any of your franchises had expectations beyond what Philly had.

Eagles >>> Browns
Sixers >> Cavs
Flyers >>>> Jackets
Phillies >> Indians

But, I do sympathize with your city none the less
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: