Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #16
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation
Default Re: nba playoffs on tnt being "presented" by windows 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
that is a 6 month old system..........is microsoft getting desperate to sell more units ?

Not even exaggerating, I had no idea Windows 8 was getting such good reviews until this thread about their commercials on TNT. I'm tempted to actually get it now.

Microsoft win.

OP fail.

Good job good effort.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #17
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
Not even exaggerating, I had no idea Windows 8 was getting such good reviews until this thread about their commercials on TNT. I'm tempted to actually get it now.

Microsoft win.

OP fail.

Good job good effort.

get it, you won't regret it. don't listen to the haters and the fools crying about the Start button that isn't even a problem at all.
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:55 AM   #18
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Yeah, obviously solid state is the difference, but win 8 is also optimized far better than any previous version of windows.

Yeah for sure, Win7 feels archaic every time I use it now.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:00 AM   #19
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
get it, you won't regret it. don't listen to the haters and the fools crying about the Start button that isn't even a problem at all.

Can you revert back to the classic mode for just the windows start feature?
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:50 AM   #20
tomtucker
NBA sixth man of the year

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster

no reason to get mad, i am just saying windows 8 has been critized alot..........PC sales are down, and manufacturers are blaming win 8
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #21
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
I have two core i7 machines:

My Desktop: I run Windows 7 on and is a champ that I use for gaming and development.
My Work Laptop: Has XP and runs like shit.

Then I have a core i5 ultrabook/tablet with Windows 8. It is faster than both my i7 machines.
To be honest i dont like windows 8 for being way too user friendly and optimized. I like having to configure stuff and so on. Biggest issue for me personally was the "missing start menu".

Afte watching this i might give it a try. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSsZDc7ivXI
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #22
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
To be honest i dont like windows 8 for being way too user friendly and optimized. I like having to configure stuff and so on. Biggest issue for me personally was the "missing start menu".

Afte watching this i might give it a try. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSsZDc7ivXI

The start menu is not missing, it's simply moved.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #23
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't want Windows 8. I look at the homescreen of Windows 8 and I get agita already. "What's all this crap on my screen?" "Where do I put my icons?" Ugh.....

For touch, I'm sure it's great....but for PCs? Who wants to change?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #24
dannywpt
Analyst and therapist

dannywpt has decent reputationdannywpt has decent reputation

Just install Classic Shell on your Windows 8 computer so it removes all the "metro" stuff, and it's essentially a way better version of Windows 7.

Behaves the exact same way (Start-button and -menu) like Windows 7, but with many new features like faster boot, better UI, better task manager, better multi-monitor support (taskbar), native support for mounting ISO files and no need for DVD burning software +++++
dannywpt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #25
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I don't want Windows 8. I look at the homescreen of Windows 8 and I get agita already. "What's all this crap on my screen?" "Where do I put my icons?" Ugh.....

For touch, I'm sure it's great....but for PCs? Who wants to change?
I feel the same way bro.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #26
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you take the 10 minutes or so to learn Windows 8, it's pretty easy to switch between the two interfaces. Dell preloaded a couple of video tutorials on my wife's new laptop and it was simple. If you try to figure it out yourself, it's just going to piss you off.

I like it now. There's also a fairly easy switch to just have the old interface be the default. The rumor is Windows is adding this directly in 8.1 which they are planning soon.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: