Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Question Any good remedies for migraine aside from sticking a fork in my head?

Never had a migraine before until now. WORST FEELING EVER!
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Any good remedies for migraine aside from sticking a fork in my head?

go see a doctor it might be a brain tumor
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation
Default Re: Any good remedies for migraine aside from sticking a fork in my head?

You young? I used to get them a lot when I was a teenager. I think exhaustion gave me migraines because I played ball hard a lot. Then also getting hit in the head with the ball sometimes, or even some smells give me migraines. It still happens occasionally.

You do need to go to a Doctor because you're going to need meds. I have Amitryptiline(sp?) which works well and it also will put you to sleep. You can't really do much about one once it sets in, but once you are an experienced sufferer, you will notice the signs one is coming on. They call it an "aura."

This might sound super strange, but call it a combination of remedies. First of all, I take the medicine. Then I make a strong cup of coffee. I always put a few ice cubes in coffee, to cool it down. So you drink it fast. Then, *********e. No lie. Busting a nut, again, is good. Read up on it. Caffeine + that will make it headache hurt less. Now, it won't make it not hurt, but I've had ones that were so bad that I thought I would puke ( and did puke once, which actually helped.) Hopefully, you are at home. If you are not at home, you should get home or you may be ****ed.

Then lay down and rest until you fall asleep.

When I was a teen, my friend got in a car accident and always want to a chiropractor... she said that she could beat any migraine through massage, but I didn't believe her. I imagine you could, maybe, but it's not something you could do alone.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

smoke some
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1) Find any internal dietary factors. (Gluten, aspartame, too much sugaretc.). Eliminate.
1b) Increase fluid and alkaline food (vegetable) intake.
2) Find any external environment factors. (Sun, excessive laptop usage, loud noises, sparkling visuals, disturbing stimuli of any sort) Neutralize them.
3) Reform habits and posture for proper oxygen intake.
4) Inform theeself upon trigger points. Pinch web between thumbs. Apply twenty second moderate pressure to temple area and various points on lateral area of sternomastecloid and trapezius)
5) Commence Vipassana style breathing (5 seconds in 5 seconds out)
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^
Coffee worked like a charm. I also took ibuprofen and I'm feeling better now. Thanks for all the tips guys.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You need a combination of caffeine, rest, and maybe a cold shower. Lay down in a dark room and make sure it's cold. Excedrin migraine is the best pill to take for it. I pop those like candy cause I'm always getting those. Take some Excedrin with some caffeinated soda and you should be good.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: