Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #31
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

travelingman has a near all-star reputation heretravelingman has a near all-star reputation heretravelingman has a near all-star reputation heretravelingman has a near all-star reputation heretravelingman has a near all-star reputation heretravelingman has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why in the world would the United States want to bring down their own towers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
Huh?

He said Halliburton connections are not proof that a certain thing happened.

I asked him for his proof that a certain thing DIDNT happen.

What you are talking about is physical possibility. You can't prove the Earth didn't used to be made of mustard. You don't have to because it would not have been physically possible based on how it exists today.

Allow me to counter this point by adopting your own ridiculous style of arguing:

Wait, brah, you a sheep? Who told ya that the planet wasn't once made out of mustard? Why you believe it's a physical impossibility? Cuz a school book told ya so? Damn bro you so gullible. Shit, you believe anything the powermongering government tell ya, huh? Dey don't want you to know cuz the mustard companies stand to gain from you not knowing of the massive amounts of mustard still in the earth's crust just 25 feet below the surface, man. But why would the government protect mustard interests? I bet you never took the time to find it out, huh? What have the last six presidents always preferred on their hot dogs along with ketchup? What's that? DUMBASS, IT'S MUSTARD! C'mon sheep, couldn't see the truth when it was right in front of ya, haha. Can you prove that this DIDN'T happen?!? That's what I thought. And don't reference any of that government-approved propaganda they put in classrooms. Think for yourself, sheep. I'm supplyin' you'z all with da troof. Y'all tossin me softballs n'shit. Dis too easy.

....that's what you sound like.
travelingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #32
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Why in the world would the United States want to bring down their own towers?

I've got news for you idealists. Reality is FUGLY.

You ever notice how nature shows will show a predator stalk and then catch its prey, but never vividly show it nashing apart the flesh and devouring it and making a mess of blood and guts?

Let me tell you, just because they don't show it doesn't mean it's not happening. It's just not what people want to see.

You guys are in denial about

because they are not pretty and very upsetting.

Sorry to be dat bearer of bad news.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #33
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingman
Allow me to counter this point by adopting your own ridiculous style of arguing:

Wait, brah, you a sheep? Who told ya that the planet wasn't once made out of mustard? Why you believe it's a physical impossibility? Cuz a school book told ya so? Damn bro you so gullible. Shit, you believe anything the powermongering government tell ya, huh? Dey don't want you to know cuz the mustard companies stand to gain from you not knowing of the massive amounts of mustard still in the earth's crust just 25 feet below the surface, man. But why would the government protect mustard interests? I bet you never took the time to find it out, huh? What have the last six presidents always preferred on their hot dogs along with ketchup? What's that? DUMBASS, IT'S MUSTARD! C'mon sheep, couldn't see the truth when it was right in front of ya, haha. Can you prove that this DIDN'T happen?!? That's what I thought. And don't reference any of that government-approved propaganda they put in classrooms. Think for yourself, sheep. I'm supplyin' you'z all with da troof. Y'all tossin me softballs n'shit. Dis too easy.

....that's what you sound like.

tl:dr, but delete your post anyway bc you're not worthy of being in my thread.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #34
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

travelingman has a near all-star reputation heretravelingman has a near all-star reputation heretravelingman has a near all-star reputation heretravelingman has a near all-star reputation heretravelingman has a near all-star reputation heretravelingman has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

You ever notice how nature shows will show a predator stalk and then catch its prey, but never vividly show it nashing apart the flesh and devouring it and making a mess of blood and guts?

Let me tell you, just because they don't show it doesn't mean it's not happening. It's just not what people want to see.

Do you believe in any sort of coincidence?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #35
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
tl:dr, but delete your post anyway bc you're not worthy of being in my thread.
You didn't make the thread though. Honestly, is this your method of debate?
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #36
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
You didn't make the thread though. Honestly, is this your method of debate?

My typical method of debate is to find the Big Pun verse that most closely relates to the topic of discussion and then repeat the lyric verbatim in the thread, or in class, or at the town hall meeting.

This here is something new I'm trying.

Last edited by OldSkoolball#52 : 04-27-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #37
TheGreatBlaze
Serious playground baller

TheGreatBlaze has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

So are you a social Darwinist then? Do you push your beliefs to their logical conclusions?
TheGreatBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #38
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Old 04-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #39
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatBlaze
So are you a social Darwinist then? Do you push your beliefs to their logical conclusions?

Everyone is wired differently. That's an evolutionary mechanism. Not everyone is wired to be an uber opportunist and take advantage of others. I'm not wired that way. However, some people are. That's reality. So I accept it.

The problem is that people want to simply "trust" that others wouldn't push them over a cliff for their own gain, and therefore they become lax about making sure nobody does it.

As a society we obviously have to find a balance between trusting each other and checking each other. For whatever reason, most people tend to assume the government wouldn't lie to or manipulate or even harm them on a grand scale. Adopting that assumption is basically handing someone a loaded weapon while you're holding a pile of cash in your hand. You are basically creating dat temptation. You think "hey, i wouldnt do it to johnny, so johnny wouldn't do it to me". That aint reality my sheeples. That aint life. Everyone's brain doesn't see and act the same way. If they did, one little change in the environment could wipe out the whole species. That's why evolution gives us genetic mutation, and variance. The average person wouldn't risk certain things for imperial gain. But some would. Those are the people who naturally rise to the top of global politics. And if you think they wouldn't skunk you in a hot second if the plan was in place to get away with it, you are kiddin yourself my sheeples. You aint bout dat reality. You aint bout dat truth. You bout dat denial.

September 11th was, literally, the most globally world-changing single event in history as far as I can think of. And everything about it tilted the board toward the interests of the giant conglomerate of american energy/politics/military, and the families, politicians, and business people who are affiliated. You think dats dat coincidence??? You think it was rag tag camel jockeys my sheeple?

You ever play poker? Who dominates, directly and indirectly, almost everything that happens at the table? The guy with the big stack, or the guy wit the tiny stack? Billionaires in suits who have clawed their way to the top, or desert camel jockeys with box cutters?

Tell me what you bout, my sheeples. Dat truth, or dat comfort?

Last edited by OldSkoolball#52 : 04-27-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:05 AM   #40
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

OIL.... Americans needed a reason to go to Middle East.... they couldn't just go there without a reason.
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:12 AM   #41
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
OIL.... Americans needed a reason to go to Middle East.... they couldn't just go there without a reason.

1. Men, from Arabia, with boxcutters, successfully take over three separate plains at the same time and successfully fly them into important American buildings.

2. We head head to Iraq, take out the guy oil industry doesn't like, set up shop, dole out big contracts to big business, increase military size and strength, push polarizing domestic agendas,

3. Use bin laden as the scary boogieman when that strategy works for the controversial republican president, suddenly 'capture' him when the vaunted, "new hope" president is being criticized on multiple fronts.

LOL @ this 'wam bam' job.

Bush takes office, February 2001.
Country attacked September 11 2001
Bush family and related interests get everything they want.

But I'm pretty sure Apu did it from the safety of his kwik-e-mart in the afghan mountain desert.

Last edited by OldSkoolball#52 : 04-27-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:29 AM   #42
TheGreatBlaze

Quote:
Everyone is wired differently. That's an evolutionary mechanism. Not everyone is wired to be an uber opportunist and take advantage of others. I'm not wired that way. However, some people are. That's reality. So I accept it.

The problem is that people want to simply "trust" that others wouldn't push them over a cliff for their own gain, and therefore they become lax about making sure nobody does it.

As a society we obviously have to find a balance between trusting each other and checking each other. For whatever reason, most people tend to assume the government wouldn't lie to or manipulate or even harm them on a grand scale. Adopting that assumption is basically handing someone a loaded weapon while you're holding a pile of cash in your hand. You are basically creating dat temptation. You think "hey, i wouldnt do it to johnny, so johnny wouldn't do it to me". That aint reality my sheeples. That aint life. Everyone's brain doesn't see and act the same way. If they did, one little change in the environment could wipe out the whole species. That's why evolution gives us genetic mutation, and variance. The average person wouldn't risk certain things for imperial gain. But some would. Those are the people who naturally rise to the top of global politics. And if you think they wouldn't skunk you in a hot second if the plan was in place to get away with it, you are kiddin yourself my sheeples. You aint bout dat reality. You aint bout dat truth. You bout dat denial.

September 11th was, literally, the most globally world-changing single event in history as far as I can think of. And everything about it tilted the board toward the interests of the giant conglomerate of american energy/politics/military, and the families, politicians, and business people who are affiliated. You think dats dat coincidence??? You think it was rag tag camel jockeys my sheeple?

You ever play poker? Who dominates, directly and indirectly, almost everything that happens at the table? The guy with the big stack, or the guy wit the tiny stack? Billionaires in suits who have clawed their way to the top, or desert camel jockeys with box cutters?

Tell me what you bout, my sheeples. Dat truth, or dat comfort?
I think one more veil needs to be lifted off your eyes before you reach truth bro.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #43
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatBlaze
I think one more veil needs to be lifted off your eyes before you reach truth bro.

Not dem beer goggles...

Can't be gettin by without my beer goggles.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:42 AM   #44
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

Quote:
1. Men, from Arabia, with boxcutters, successfully take over three separate plains at the same time and successfully fly them into important American buildings.

2. We head head to Iraq, take out the guy oil industry doesn't like, set up shop, dole out big contracts to big business, increase military size and strength, push polarizing domestic agendas,

3. Use bin laden as the scary boogieman when that strategy works for the controversial republican president, suddenly 'capture' him when the vaunted, "new hope" president is being criticized on multiple fronts.

LOL @ this 'wam bam' job.

Bush takes office, February 2001.
Country attacked September 11 2001
Bush family and related interests get everything they want.

But I'm pretty sure Apu did it from the safety of his kwik-e-mart in the afghan mountain desert.

Fine, I'll play along in your conspiracy argument. Let's assume that the gov't did orchestrate 9/11 in order to eventually invade Iraq to manipulate its oil fields. Then why would they pin the blame on OBL, who has few to no connections with Iraq? Why would they want to venture into Afghanistan in the first place? Couldn't they have blamed 9/11 on either Abu Nidal or the PLF, which both have been backed by Hussein? Wouldn't that make the process to invading Iraq much easier and wouldn't the invasion have garnered much more support, maybe just as much as the invasion of Afghanistan did? Why even risk losing support for the invasion by presenting a perpetrator that has no connections with Iraq as a justification for invading it?
Old 04-27-2013, 01:44 AM   #45
TheGreatBlaze

Quote:
Not dem beer goggles...

Can't be gettin by without my beer goggles.
So you seem to appreciate Jack Nicholson

But the question is, can you handle the truth?

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: