Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-27-2013, 02:05 AM   #46
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why in the world would the United States want to bring down their own towers?

Why is this thread anything but pictures of the macho man. You're all fggots except Patrick Chewing.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:19 AM   #47
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Why in the world would the United States want to bring down their own towers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingman
Couldn't they have blamed 9/11 on either Abu Nidal or the PLF, which both have been backed by Hussein? Wouldn't that make the process to invading Iraq much easier and wouldn't the invasion have garnered much more support, maybe just as much as the invasion of Afghanistan did?

But what if those guys just deny it and/or can prove they had nothing to do with it? Then US is left with no suspects and no reason to invade anywhere.

Osama bin Laden is a member of a Saudi family that to this day works with the Bush family in the energy business. Osama has never been found (visual proof) or questioned since Sept 11 and now that his character has been written off he never will be. For all intents and purposes, he is santa claus, he is the boogie man, he is emmanuel goldstein. A symbolic figure used to control peoples beliefs and behaviors.

You cant just accuse real people who didnt actually do it and expect they wont challenge that. Osama bin Laden on the other hand was basically a mythical ally to the Bush administration. Never seen or heard from or found except by conveniently released tape. Even the guys that supposedly killed him and then drowned the body leaving no trace of the most wanted man in the world, have now been written off via helicopter accident. That doesnt raise your brows man? Seriously?

This is a wag the dog situation. You think the dog, America, decides how the tail, the government, wags. No. The government manipulates you. The public thinks its the dog, but its the tail. Government tells you which way to look, which way to shake, and you do it. Because youre afraid of bin laden and hijacked planes and orange threat levels. Not every individual buys into every given line at a every time, but collectively the public will go where theyre nudged. Faux enemies like osama bin laden is what nudges them.

This guy killed three thousand americans, then evaded a 10 year US MILITARY MANHUNT, while releasing HOME MOVIES to 'scare' America, and finally at the most convenient time to write his character off, the most sought after man in the world was quickly killed, not captured, and not even preserved for identification or public closure, just tossed in the ocean, and then the guys who killed HIM were all killed in a helicopter accident a few months later.

Wow.

I mean seriously, if you can believe that, you can believe anything. And thats the problem.

Last edited by OldSkoolball#52 : 04-27-2013 at 02:22 AM.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:25 AM   #48
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

travelingman has a terrific reputationtravelingman has a terrific reputationtravelingman has a terrific reputationtravelingman has a terrific reputationtravelingman has a terrific reputationtravelingman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
But what if those guys just deny it and/or can prove they had nothing to do with it? Then US is left with no suspects and no reason to invade anywhere.

Osama bin Laden is a member of a Saudi family that to this day works with the Bush family in the energy business. Osama has never been found (visual proof) or questioned since Sept 11 and now that his character has been written off he never will be. For all intents and purposes, he is santa claus, he is the boogie man, he is emmanuel goldstein. A symbolic figure used to control peoples beliefs and behaviors.

You cant just accuse real people who didnt actually do it and expect they wont challenge that. Osama bin Laden on the other hand was basically a mythical ally to the Bush administration. Never seen or heard from or found except by conveniently released tape. Even the guys that supposedly killed him and then drowned the body leaving no trace of the most wanted man in the world, have now been written off via helicopter accident. That doesnt raise your brows man? Seriously?

This is a wag the dog situation. You think the dog, America, decides how the tail, the government, wags. No. The government manipulates you. The public thinks its the dog, but its the tail. Government tells you which way to look, which way to shake, and you do it. Because youre afraid of bin laden and hijacked planes and orange threat levels. Not every individual buys into every given line at a every time, but collectively the public will go where theyre nudged. Faux enemies like osama bin laden is what nudges them.

This guy killed three thousand americans, then evaded a 10 year US MILITARY MANHUNT, while releasing HOME MOVIES to 'scare' America, and finally at the most convenient time to write his character off, the most sought after man in the world was quickly killed, not captured, and not even preserved for identification or public closure, just tossed in the ocean, and then the guys who killed HIM were all killed in a helicopter accident a few months later.

Wow.

Couldn't the U.S. just fabricate tapes of leaders of Iraqi-supported terrorist groups admitting culpability in 9/11 and control/seize any tapes of the actual leaders trying to clear their own name? I mean if you believe in all of this 9/11 conspiracy crap to begin with, then it wouldn't take a huge leap of imagination to say that they could do that.
travelingman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:32 AM   #49
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Couldn't the U.S. just fabricate tapes of leaders of Iraqi-supported terrorist groups admitting culpability in 9/11 and control/seize any tapes of the actual leaders trying to clear their own name? I mean if you believe in all of this 9/11 conspiracy crap to begin with, then it wouldn't take a huge leap of imagination to say that they could do that.

Trying to falsely accuse people and frame them when you know they didnt do it will inevitably lead to an informal public trial going back and forth. Theres tons of unpredictability in your scenario.

Why do that when you can basically use this figure, this symbol who's already in your corner? You get no pushback and people just take you at your word. This guy with a turban and a webcam says he did it, Bush and Cheney say he did it, boom, ok we all believe it. Whats next? Sweeping invasion of the middle east. Oh, right, because this bin laden guy is out there and we have to go defend freedom. Or something. Ok.

Anyway, why would the guy who did it make a video and say he did it? If he wanted to actually live, and continue doing harm, what good does it do to expose himself? How did he be efit in any way at all as a terrorist to advertise his guilt when it otherwise may not have ever been discovered. Its completely illogical. Sure sometimes people are illogical especially murderers. But the accepting blame and making tapes is just happens to be yet again something completely in line with how this would have to go down to actually serve american interests. At every turn it worked out perfectly for american energy/military interests. Each and every sequence of events led them straight to the pot of gold.

Again, this is dat reality. Nobody is willin to look at somethin ugly when they can imagine somethin pretty. American flags, triumphant soldiers, freedom, redemption, soldiers returning home to their kids after defeating the terrorists, justice brought to al qaeda, america the brave, united we stand, never forget 9/11... Life as we know it, as we prefer to live it.

Three thousand civilian and countless military lives taken by white collar thugs whom we trusted, for their multi billion dollar gain and imperial advancement?

America aint ready to live dat life. That revelation throws our whole country into immediate chaos. In the short term, knowing the truth would be so profoundly difficult to deal with that on the real, Americans just dont want to know. Even if youre not saying its a fact, just a possibility and they should take a look. Nah. They tell you to **** off. They aint even tryin to think about it like that. Not because its illogical. Its cause they already know what they wantto believe, they arent tryin to have you mess around and change it.

Last edited by OldSkoolball#52 : 04-27-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:41 AM   #50
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

travelingman has a terrific reputationtravelingman has a terrific reputationtravelingman has a terrific reputationtravelingman has a terrific reputationtravelingman has a terrific reputationtravelingman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Trying to falsely accuse people and frame them when you know they didnt do it will inevitably lead to an informal public trial going back and forth. Theres tons of unpredictability in your scenario.

Why do that when you can basically use this figure, this symbol who's already in your corner? You get no pushback and people just take you at your word. This guy with a turban and a webcam says he did it, Bush and Cheney say he did it, boom, ok we all believe it. Whats next? Sweeping invasion of the middle east. Oh, right, because this bin laden guy is out there and we have to go defend freedom. Or something. Ok.

Except with the ANO and PLF, they're both known to be terrorist groups, and a large amount of countries recognize them as such. Who are they going to tell their story to? Why would anyone care to believe them if they're just a terrorist group? Especially when you have a very powerful US gov't who is looking for someone to blame and could possibly be putting international pressure on other countries to buy into the story as well?

I feel so dumb in trying to argue with you by thinking like you do. How does the bullshit you spew not eventually drive you insane?
Old 04-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #51
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

And i am now done with this thread. Resume as you wish.

I dont take over, I borrow threads, burn em down and you can have em back daddy, i rather dat
Old 04-27-2013, 02:56 AM   #52
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Quote:
Except with the ANO and PLF, they're both known to be terrorist groups, and a large amount of countries recognize them as such. Who are they going to tell their story to? Why would anyone care to believe them if they're just a terrorist group? Especially when you have a very powerful US gov't who is looking for someone to blame and could possibly be putting international pressure on other countries to buy into the story as well?

I feel so dumb in trying to argue with you by thinking like you do. How does the bullshit you spew not eventually drive you insane?

Ugh, you ruined my ****ing exit. Delete this post please and repost it if u want.

Totally ruined my exit.

**** man.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:57 AM   #53
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

Quote:
And i am now done with this thread. Resume as you wish.

I dont take over, I borrow threads, burn em down and you can have em back daddy, i rather dat

So you do get sick of your own bullshit arguments. Good to hear. Maybe there is hope that you can make a full recovery.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:05 AM   #54
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

because of the broken window theory
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:12 AM   #55
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Dude, seriously, delete that post up there.

I ****in black out on the clarity steez in that last post, on the knowledge and poetry, put it down in high definition for all of you. Not for me, I already undestand this stuff. I'm tryin to increase other people's awareness as to how the world really works, even if you don't have the stomach to face it, at least you get a lil taste of dat truth. I brought you that, from my own good will, and all I ask is to drop a lil jay z line right after for affect before i bounce, and you stick a post right in between it, totally muckin up my game.

come on dude. do the right thing. take it out and repost it. recognize the art. i got you with a favor when you need one.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:15 AM   #56
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

Quote:
Dude, seriously, delete that post up there.

I ****in black out on the clarity steez in that last post, on the knowledge and poetry, put it down in high definition for all of you. Not for me, I already undestand this stuff. I'm tryin to increase other people's awareness as to how the world really works, even if you don't have the stomach to face it, at least you get a lil taste of dat truth. I brought you that, from my own good will, and all I ask is to drop a lil jay z line right after for affect before i bounce, and you stick a post right in between it, totally muckin up my game.

come on dude. do the right thing. take it out and repost it. recognize the art. i got you with a favor when you need one.

Is it that big of a deal to you? You could just write up a quick response that uses some of "Dat truth" to completely destroy my argument, I'm sure. That'd be a more fitting way to go out, wouldn't it?
Old 04-27-2013, 03:27 AM   #57
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Why is this thread anything but pictures of the macho man. You're all fggots except Patrick Chewing.

Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:40 AM   #58
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Quote:
Is it that big of a deal to you? You could just write up a quick response that uses some of "Dat truth" to completely destroy my argument, I'm sure. That'd be a more fitting way to go out, wouldn't it?

Man i gotta get to bed man. If i dont brush teeth and put on tinfoil pjs, alien reptile illuminati will for sure come and snatch a dude up to the mothership.

I aint bout dat anal probe...

Last edited by OldSkoolball#52 : 04-27-2013 at 03:42 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #59
stickfigure87
I hit open layups

stickfigure87 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
As usual, conspiracy nuts give skeptics a bad name by creating stories about gold buried under one of the towers, new world orders and illuminati.

But there is a very strong case that certain Americans (not necessarily those in government positions, but some of them) were complicit in it. Look at what the Bush administration and Republicans gained from the attacks:

1. Increases military spending which increases Republican voting base (no different than increasing or refusing to cut entitlement spending increases Democrat voting base)

2. Ensures Bush's chances for reelection. His entire platform for re-election was terror, and he still barely won. Without 9/11, he is not re-elected. Period.

3. Massive contracts for companies with close ties to the Bush administration (Halliburton, GE, etc.)

4. Control of an oil rich region. It's an undisputed fact that the Bush family and the Saudis do oil business together. It's an undisputed fact that Bush family and the BIN LADEN FAMILY do oil business together. Still, it is an undisputed fact that both entities were at odds with Saddam Hussein. Osama was supposedly "exiled" from the family. However the bottom line is that America when was attacked, there was a member of a close business associates to the Bush's who took responsibility, and America proceeded to invade... Iraq. Which is exactly what they would have absolutely LOVED to do to begin with. But it would have been politically IMPOSSIBLE to sacrifice that much American blood and finance without having been conveniently attacked first.

5. Look at the mission statement of this neo-conservative think tank from 1997. Look at the names it is signed by. Look at its objectives. Ask yourself how many of them were achieved as a result of the September 11th attack. http://www.newamericancentury.org/st...principles.htm

This is not complex. People who get to the top of business and politics do so because they are wired with massive financial and political ambition. There are people on every rung of the socioeconomic ladder who are willing to discard human life for opportunity. Why do you think it would be different in a closed door meeting with Cheney, the Bin Ladens, Rumsfeld, Bush, Saudi Sheiks, etc? It's an indisputable fact that those people, the only people who would legitimately have the capability to orchestrate such a thing, gained form it in myriad ways.

That's what's so unfortunate about the Loose Change videos and these hidden gold, or "look in the corner of the dollar bill and you see two buildings on fire" things. They're like the people who make you want to NOT recognize the greatness of guys like Kobe or Lebron etc. just because the folks who go overboard about it are so damn annoying.

The idea that this complex and world changing event was orchestrated behind closed doors by the worlds most powerful interests, who gained more as a result than anyone else, is actually way MORE plausible than that it was done by a bunch of rag-tag camel jockeys with box cutter knives and a fetish for virgins.

qfft. right on, oldskool. it's not as if the US has never had intentions to go to war for their own agenda, instead of the tired, worn out motto, "for democracy." the problem is to question something or to try and tackle it from a rational point of view makes one look like they're wearing a tin foil hat.
stickfigure87 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: