Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #31
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A basic argument for the existence of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatBlaze
Wait so are you saying we have repeated measurements of infinite things? Most people believe the universe is 13.7 billion years old, so did 14 billion years ago not exist?
No. If you read the wiki page, you would know what parameters they are using in that model.
Before citing a precedence of authority in your original argument, you should probably go learn about what you're trying to illegitimately cite.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #32
TheGreatBlaze
Serious playground baller

TheGreatBlaze has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
No. If you read the wiki page, you would know what parameters they are using in that model.
Before citing a precedence of authority in your original argument, you should probably go learn about what you're trying to illegitimately cite.
Why don't you describe it to me in your own words if you know it so well? You won't even give me a link.
TheGreatBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #33
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Why don't you describe it to me in your own words if you know it so well? You won't even give me a link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambda-...del#Parameters
I even linked the section.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #34
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
The fact that it is agreed upon by modern scientists means nothing. These accepted "truths" are subject to change.

Nice somebody acknowledges that...
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #35
TheGreatBlaze

Quote:
I read that section and I still have no clue what you are even trying to prove to me. Are you making the argument from nothing, the matter/anti-matter sort of thing?
Old 04-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #36
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
I read that section and I still have no clue what you are even trying to prove to me. Are you making the argument from nothing, the matter/anti-matter sort of thing?

You steered the debate in this direction.
Quote:
Wait so are you saying we have repeated measurements of infinite things? Most people believe the universe is 13.7 billion years old, so did 14 billion years ago not exist?

Read more at http://insidehoops.com/forum/newrepl...ZyYe5Kr4 l.99
Old 04-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #37
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

travelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this board

Quote:
Unlike the Qur'an or any other religious text, Christians possess riches of ancient manuscript and extrabiblical evidences for the Biblical testimonies, including archaeological digs. 24,000+ manuscripts from all places, times and languages and we can compare them and put them under textual scrutiny.

The Bible was complied over roughly 1,600 years by 40 different authors in three different languages and on three different continents, most of its books written by book who did not know each other and were separated by hundreds of years. Yet you see perfect harmony. The reason people think the Bible is a joke is because it says in the Bible that in the later times people will scoff and fall into all kinds of worldly lusts and delusions. If you actually take time to study the Book, you will see it fits this world like a glove.

"fits this world like a glove" because it's entirely too vague. Give me the most specific prophecy you can find from the Bible. Also, tell me what separates Jesus from the likes of Zoroaster, Dionysus, or Krishna.
travelingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #38
TheGreatBlaze

Quote:

You steered the debate in this direction.
So give it to me in plain terms, is it or is it not believed that the universe is roughly 13.7 billion years old, or has science let you in on a little secret? And let's steer this debate back in the original direction then which whatever you are espousing is irrelevant to.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #39
TheGreatBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingman
"fits this world like a glove" because it's entirely too vague. Give me the most specific prophecy you can find from the Bible. Also, tell me what separates Jesus from the likes of Zoroaster, Dionysus, or Krishna.
The Horus, Krishna, Dionysus parallel myths were made up by a man named Peter Joseph in his film "Zeitgeist".

Try Isaiah 53, written roughly 700 B.C.

Quote:
Who has believed what he has heard from us?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
For he grew up before him like a young plant,
and like a root out of dry ground;
he had no form or majesty that we should look at him,
and no beauty that we should desire him.
He was despised and rejected by men;
a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;
and as one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.
By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
And they made his grave with the wicked
and with a rich man in his death,
although he had done no violence,
and there was no deceit in his mouth.
Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him;
he has put him to grief;
when his soul makes an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied;
by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant,
make many to be accounted righteous,
and he shall bear their iniquities.
Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many,
and he shall divide the spoil with the strong,
because he poured out his soul to death
and was numbered with the transgressors;
yet he bore the sin of many,
and makes intercession for the transgressors.

These are prophecies of Jesus Christ.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #40
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
So give it to me in plain terms, is it or is it not believed that the universe is roughly 13.7 billion years old, or has science let you in on a little secret? And let's steer this debate back in the original direction then which whatever you are espousing is irrelevant to.
Once again, you're using that buzzword believe. There is no belief. There is estimation from several models and measurements.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #41
joe
College superstar

joe is a pretty well-respected posterjoe is a pretty well-respected posterjoe is a pretty well-respected poster

There's probably a God, I'd say that's the most likely scenario. It's got to be some crazy strange explanation, because the universe is too crazy and strange for it not to be.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #42
TheGreatBlaze

Quote:
Once again, you're using that buzzword believe. There is no belief. There is estimation from several models and measurements.
Again, people just seem to be dancing around the issues and using appeal to authority fallacies.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #43
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Again, people just seem to be dancing around the issues and using appeal to authority fallacies.

You appealed to authority in your OP.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #44
TheGreatBlaze

Quote:

You appealed to authority in your OP.
I mentioned Stephen Hawking and what modern science believes, and then built a cogent argument around the implications of that, something you have yet to attempt to refute.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #45
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
I mentioned Stephen Hawking and what modern science believes, and then built a cogent argument around the implications of that, something you have yet to attempt to refute.
But it's not true. So how can you build a cogent argument about something you fabricate.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: