Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #61
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A basic argument for the existence of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatBlaze
Thanks p.tiddy, I'm gonna have to look at that. What do you think of this man's testimony?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTU7MfOgDKM

http://www.aglimpseofeternity.org/

there are many more like it too
have not heard of this guy, I'll have to read up when I can...

I am sure he is being honest and sincere...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #62
TheGreatBlaze
Serious playground baller

TheGreatBlaze is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
What do you make of the fact that the people who created those characters in the Old Testament deny Hey-Seus is the prophesied messiah?
Really? Even though we have copies from centuries before the lifetime of Jesus?

Also many Jews accept Jesus as the Messiah, they are called Messianic Jews. The Bible even said that God will become God of the gentiles and that the Jews would reject their Messiah as they killed the prophets of old.
TheGreatBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #63
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
^^^ this man is 71 years old and has been confined to a chair his whole life which I think it is safe to assume that can have negative effects to mental health

I don't think that's safe assume at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
he studies black holes which have jack shit to do with how everything came to exist, NO ONE KNOWS WHY THE BIG BANG HAPPENED OR WHY ANYTHING EXISTS...he doesn't know any more about "God" than anyone of us

He may not have the answers to everything, but he's an important figure in the scientific community and he's entitled to his own opinion. You're free to disagree with him, but the fact that you try to portray him as some insane old geezer and disregard his vast body of work rather than look at his actual arguments in regards to the existence of god I think says more about your own understanding of the subject.
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #64
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatBlaze
Really? Even though we have copies from centuries before the lifetime of Jesus?

Also many Jews accept Jesus as the Messiah, they are called Messianic Jews. The Bible even said that God will become God of the gentiles and that the Jews would reject their Messiah as they killed the prophets of old.

The Old Testament had very specific qualifications that the messiah had to fulfill. Jews reject Jesus because he clearly did not fit the bill, and they would obviously know best. They have no interest in waiting around for the second coming for him to finally live up to the prophecies, they've moved on and are still conducting interviews
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #65
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
I don't think that's safe assume at all.

He may not have the answers to everything, but he's an important figure in the scientific community and he's entitled to his own opinion. You're free to disagree with him, but the fact that you try to portray him as some insane old geezer and disregard his vast body of work rather than look at his actual arguments in regards to the existence of god I think says more about your own understanding of the subject.
I'm not trying to portray him as some "insane old geezer"...I'm just saying that I think it is time for all of us to stop defaulting him as the smartest man on Earth...and also pointing out that his work/studies have nothing to do with "God"

and I do think it is safe to assume that being confined to a chair for decades has ill effects on mental health...it just has to
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #66
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think there is proof that say God exists. But there is proof denying he does either. I am a believer by faith but if somebody proved me he doesn't exist is not like I am going to jump of a building and kill myself. I will continue to live life like I did and try to do all the good deeds as I can. Jesus did gave a great message of how to be a better person.
Bandito is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: