Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #196
NauruDude
Banned
 
NauruDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Posts: 2,473
NauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey3000
Ok so far confirmed Gays on this site:

ripthekik
millwad
chosen_one6
bagelred
Teanett
chocolatethunder (username gives it away )

All are marked for negging. Who else? we gunna clean this place up.

dumbass
NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #197
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED
 
ripthekik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,360
ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey3000
Ok so far confirmed Gays on this site:

ripthekik
millwad
chosen_one6
bagelred
Teanett
chocolatethunder (username gives it away )

All are marked for negging. Who else? we gunna clean this place up.
Lol, welcome to the 1950's. Tried to keep his hate away in the beginning and acted civil but couldn't hold it in anymore.

and this is why coming out is necessary for their community.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #198
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind
 
Teanett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2nd floor, east of noho
Posts: 4,696
Teanett has decent reputation
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf


A bit sensitive, aren't you twinkletoes? What you posted had absolutely nothing to do with that I said.

I would advice that you take a deep breath, calm down, and walk away from your computer for a while.

no, he's right.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #199
Orlando Magic
National High School Star
 
Orlando Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,340
Orlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

People are gay or want to be gay? Great. IDGAF. It has no effect on my life.

I see the point of wanting to segregate them from the standard female & male bathrooms & locker rooms due to sexual attraction though.

However... there is no easy solution to this because you couldn't just add another 2 bathroom types and be done with it. Gay men, Straight men, Straight women, Gay women... wouldn't work.

Know why?

Because gay men would be with gay men and they'd all have the potential to be sexually attracted to each other. Gay women would be with gay women and they'd all have the potentially to be sexually attracted to each other.

[troll]Really the entire problem is just being gay in the first place.[/troll]

But seriously... I think my point stands. So what do we do? Either everyone of both sexes now all use the same bathroom, we keep things status quo, or everyone in the world must use bathrooms/locker rooms at separate times... which just seems logistically impossible.

Anyways... I dunno. lol.

Also I think another reason men and women are separated in bathrooms & locker rooms is that because men on average have an incredibly easy time of overpowering and taking advantage of a female in a vulnerable situation like being in a bathroom. IE rape. I think rapes would go up if all bathrooms were non segregated. I'm not saying 1500% up but the numbers would definitely rise.

Last edited by Orlando Magic : 04-29-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #200
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,738
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
I'm sure we all made a choice to be sexually attracted to women huh? It's a choice, and not natural? A hot naked women in front of you.. can you stop yourself from being turned on?

sometimes you think you live in a open, modern, civilized society. Then you go online (ironically) and find out about other people's opinions and wonder if anything has changed the last 50 years.
But wait a minute Rip....... I as a heterosexual man cant change with a bunch of women because im bound to be turned on by some if them. But a person like Collins isnt gonna be turned on by being able to see naked men. And even more, women woukd feel uncomfortable because of this but men shouldn't?

You dont see the double standard?
97 bulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #201
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs
 
Is He Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,837
Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf


A bit sensitive, aren't you twinkletoes? What you posted had absolutely nothing to do with that I said.

I would advice that you take a deep breath, calm down, and walk away from your computer for a while.

Yes it did, because if he has to keep it private then he can't go out in public with his partner. If he did, everybody would know that he's gay and he would basically be "coming out."
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #202
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman
 
Burgz V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,944
Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Let me also state this. I resent the constant comparisons between homosexuals and the fight Blacks have had to endure. Both being heterosexual nad homosexual us a choice. All you have to do is not have sex. No one chooses the color of their skin. And understand I love being Black. But if some racist decide they want to start killing blacks, theres nothing I can do about it. You cant say the same for sexual orientation.

i totally agree with this comment. further it complicates things further for people like Collins who have intersecting marginalities (black + homosexual). His race is clearly marked on his body, his sexuality is not.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #203
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS
 
iDunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,833
iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

I always thought he was a weird dude, didn't think he was gay though.


No wonder he's a great post defender.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #204
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,738
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
Yes it did, because if he has to keep it private then he can't go out in public with his partner. If he did, everybody would know that he's gay and he would basically be "coming out."
Hes doesnt have to announce it though. Just go out with your significant other. Thats all the publicity needed.
97 bulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #205
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED
 
ripthekik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,360
ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
But wait a minute Rip....... I as a heterosexual man cant change with a bunch of women because im bound to be turned on by some if them. But a person like Collins isnt gonna be turned on by being able to see naked men. And even more, women woukd feel uncomfortable because of this but men shouldn't?

You dont see the double standard?
How do you know Collins will be turned on immediately though? It's obvious you don't have much knowledge of homosexuals (didn't mean it as a diss but I'm sure you haven't read up or know much about their behavior at all.)

And if it's like you say, that'll he won't be able to carry himself.. THEN how did he go through so many years unnoticed???? Surely someone must've noticed his erection by now?
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #206
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles
 
BarberSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spelunking Luncheon
Posts: 2,618
BarberSchool is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
Yes it did, because if he has to keep it private then he can't go out in public with his partner. If he did, everybody would know that he's gay and he would basically be "coming out."

^Not necessarily dude, two dudes can go out to dinner or lunch for endless reasons. Could be anything related to business, to friendship, etc. Love/companionship is only one possible reason.

Hopefully, more players feel comfortable being 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, etc.

I always assumed it'd be Cuttino Mobley, Antwan jamison, and Bruce Bowen. Never heard Jason Collins speak or noticed anything gay about him, but nonetheless, props to him for coming out.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #207
NauruDude
Banned
 
NauruDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Posts: 2,473
NauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

i dont hope jason collins gets injured
NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #208
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
You know what's awesome? Is how many athletes/celebrities have come out on Twitter supporting Jason..I don't think this will be a problem at all amongst 90% of players in the NBA, the fans on the other hand...

Star Athletes Tweet support for Jason Collins
yes that is awesome but I think you are wrong assuming 90% won't care

Chris Broussard just now said on ESPN that he has already talked to many players in the league about this and many said they would be "uncomfortable showering with him" and then he said he talked to some who said they expect him to be made fun of a lot by team mates but probably not to his face.

Broussard said that him being on a younger NBA team could be completely different than him being on a team full of older vets...it's like night and day
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #209
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs
 
Is He Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,837
Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Hes doesnt have to announce it though. Just go out with your significant other. Thats all the publicity needed.

It would be all over the tabloids and then he would have to either confirm it, or deny it and continue to live miserably simply because others cannot accept him for what he is. Look at what happened to Kerry Rhodes the other week. I don't see why we have to continue to play the game of acting like there are no gay people just so others will avoid being offended. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #210
Shepseskaf
Old School
 
Shepseskaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Caribbean
Posts: 5,909
Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
Yes it did, because if he has to keep it private then he can't go out in public with his partner. If he did, everybody would know that he's gay and he would basically be "coming out."
Ummm, you do realize that all kinds of dudes regularly hang out, right? If he's with someone who happens to be his boyfriend, no one has to know that they're gay. They could just be two friends to anyone who sees them.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy