Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #46
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
I don't get why its so important for someone to tell the whole world they are gay, who cares keep it to yourself/people you know no need to tell everyone. Literally on every TV series/Movie there is a gay guy who cares if Jason Collins is gay its kinda annoying people keep coming out and making a big deal of it.

youre incredibly naive if you think this is not a big deal. there has always been a connection between professional sports and homophobic sentiments. This isn't a TV show, you must put it in context. Hollywood might openly accept gay people, professional sports and their fans for the large part do not.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #47
derb2k2
Bandwagoner

derb2k2 is considered somewhat coolderb2k2 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

we should have a coming out party of ISH posters thread. Would be a good thing imo.
derb2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #48
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by derb2k2
we should have a coming out party of ISH posters thread. Would be a good thing imo.

Plenty of Kobe/LeBron slurpers
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #49
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Remember when Americans last thought like this?

You just sound like an idiotic bigot. It's because of people like you that America can never truly find equality.
No comparison. You're just trying to make my point invalid.

Just because a person is "white" or "black" doesn't effect if they are sexually attracted to the same sex or opposite sex.

Answer me this question. Why can't a man go into a women's bathroom/locker room?
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #50
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputation

Jason Collins comes out, reveals he was paid by the opposing teams to be a useless, counterproductive stiff all along.

Joke aside (he really does suck as a player), props to him. It takes major courage to do what he just did.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #51
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster5k
Answer me this question. Why can't a man go into a women's bathroom/locker room?

Because he's male and it's called the "Women's Restroom"
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #52
NauruDude
Banned

NauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Another hypocrite. Your logic is flawed.

Here is the argument.

A man, who likes women, cannot go into a women's bathroom/locker room. That same man doesn't "like" any of the women in that particular bathroom/locker.

Now, A homosexual man, who likes men, is allowed in a men's locker room/bathrom. That man may not like any of those men in that locker room/bathroom.

What is the difference? You guys want to be so "accepting" that's fine. However, you also have to be accepting to everything else. Men in women's locker rooms/bathrooms. Women in men's locker rooms/bathrooms.

You can't have it one way and not the other.

People shouldn't be divided by sexuality. Like some guy above my showed, it's not long since people of different colours couldn't pee next too each other.

PHP Code:
"You guys that want to defend homosexuality are hypocrites at best" - you wrote this.

The fact that we need to defend homosexuality is ridiculous. They're nothing different than anyone else. I seriously don't know what to say to you. You're never gonna accept any arguements of mine since I'm one of those who wan't to "defend homosexuality".

Just simply grow up. People shouldn't be divided if they're gay or not, if they're black or white or if they're a jew or muslim. That sadly is how things are, and ignorant guys like you are the root of the problem.
NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #53
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KembaWalker
Jason Collins:

I'm a 34-year-old NBA center. I'm black. And I'm gay.
I didn't set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I'm happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn't the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, "I'm different." If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I'm raising my hand.
My journey of self-discovery and self-acknowledgement began in my hometown of Los Angeles and has taken me through two state high school championships, the NCAA Final Four and the Elite Eight, and nine playoffs in 12 NBA seasons.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mag...#ixzz2Rrh8O559

Major respect for having the guts to do that man, hopefully everyone is accepting of it
that took alot of balls
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #54
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm a 34-year-old NBA center. I'm black. And I'm gay.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.......everyone hold on a second....I can't believe what I just read.

Jason Collins is black?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #55
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
Because he's male and it's called the "Women's Restroom"
Exactly. Now, why was that ever brought about? Because, men are sexually attracted to women.

Are not homosexually males attracted to men?

As I said, I am not against anyone being homosexual or whatever. My only issue is that they should not be allowed in men's locker rooms/bathrooms. They are sexually attracted to men.

If men can go change in women's locker rooms/bathrooms, then fine. Until then, homosexuals should not be allowed to undress or see other men undressing/bathing, etc.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #56
Floppy
High school junior varsity star

Floppy has decent reputation

Quote:
Can a man go into a women's bathroom? Why? I guess it's because we are sexually attracted to women. To see women's "private" parts would be considered wrong. To gaze and look upon their features, while they are showering, etc with a sexual intent, would be considered wrong.

So, how is it that a "homosexual" can do the same? Should we now how 4 bathrooms/locker rooms? One for heterosexual males, one for heterosexual females, and one for the homosexual counterparts?

See.. once you open pandora's box, you can't close it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Foster5k again.
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #57
NauruDude
Banned

NauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Agreed they shouldn't but my guess is they will. If he was any good it might be a different story but he's not. If they really want a Collins they can bring back his ***** eating brother. Same stiff on the court basically.

If they will refer from signing homosexual athletes then that's something that's gotta be challenged. How homosexual are seen in the athletic world is disgusting really.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #58
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Much respect for the guy. I'm sure the coming out thing took a lot of guts and sleepless nights thinking about doing it.

Personally, doesn't change what I think about him one bit. He's still a scrub.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #59
chosen_one6
Banned

chosen_one6 is popular on this boardchosen_one6 is popular on this boardchosen_one6 is popular on this boardchosen_one6 is popular on this boardchosen_one6 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
Think of it this way. NBA players are peak athletes in great shape. You saying that if you were in a change room with 10 woman with amazing bodies you wouldn't be staring?

The mind of a hetero man and the mind of a gay man are two different things. You should sit down and have a conversation with a gay man. Or maybe a few. It's not simply cut and paste when it comes to a hetero mind and a homosexual mind.
chosen_one6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #60
NauruDude
Banned

Audre Lorde article

Some of you guys seriously need to read something. This is a post by a 1) Black, 2) Woman, 3) Lesbian. 3 things which are looked down on by the ruling white, heterosexual man.
The world has to change, and the change aint coming from the government, it's coming from us.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: