Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #61
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster5k
Exactly. Now, why was that ever brought about? Because, men are sexually attracted to women.

I'm pretty sure it's always been segregated because of sex and not sexual attraction.
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #62
BoutPractice
I'll pass

I still can't believe he's an NBA center.

Too bad he never learned how to catch the ball in his "journey of self-discovery", that might've come in handy.

Anyway, I hope he'll inspire other players to come out eventually. Also hope there won't be too many homophobic comments from active players. Someone's bound to ruin his reputation.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #63
chosen_one6
Earned not given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster5k
Exactly. Now, why was that ever brought about? Because, men are sexually attracted to women.

Are not homosexually males attracted to men?

As I said, I am not against anyone being homosexual or whatever. My only issue is that they should not be allowed in men's locker rooms/bathrooms. They are sexually attracted to men.

If men can go change in women's locker rooms/bathrooms, then fine. Until then, homosexuals should not be allowed to undress or see other men undressing/bathing, etc.

Women have vag*nas and men have pen*ses. That's why they go into different dressing areas.

It's really that simple. There's nothing else to it. You're just a bigoted idiot.
chosen_one6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #64
sportjames23
MJ>>>>Lebron KD & Kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
that took alot of balls

In the context of this thread, did you really want to use that phrase?
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #65
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Only a matter of time until we have an openly gay poster here.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #66
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderonomy
Only a matter of time until we have an openly gay poster here.
we already do
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #67
Grinder

Treating the separate locker room/bathroom thing like it's an issue is hilarious. I had an openly gay teammate in high school and no one treated him any differently. Just like all of us, he was in there to change for the game and discuss the game plan.

Anyway -- good for Collins for being able to come out while still "active" but I hope this isn't a way for him squeeze out one last paycheck and get signed by a team trying to show that they "embrace the gay community" because I thought he had no business being in the NBA the last 3-4 years.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #68
pegasus
€uroInU$A

Good for him and the world we live in. I'm still waiting for a star player or an all-star caliber player early in his career to come out. Seeing how his teammates react to it, and hopefully adjust to it eventually, his perceived value in the free agent market, fans' reactions during games, etc. would all make interesting storylines throughout his career, and all that would help make it easier for the future generations.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #69
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Default Re: Jason Collins comes out

On the bathroom thing...you all know damn well what hes trying to say and that it probably is accurate far as why they split them up. Men in a female bathroom makes them uncomfortable.

Gay men in a male lockerroom are pretty much the same as men in a female one. That doesnt mean you think all men look at all women.

But it really is the exact same thing.

It doesnt make one hateful to say so. And it isnt the same as keeping whites and blacks apart.

Its no more wrong in concept than keeping men and women apart in bathrooms.

I wouldnt do it...because people cant wait to take offense and make it out to be a hate crime.

But it really is the same basic reasoning behind keeping men and women apart.

You just dont do it. And you cant really talk about it either it seems.

Feels like something that would sound less hateful to people in person when it isnt just...text without the context of a friendly conversation.

I dont care if gays get married, what bathrooms they use, if they are in the NBA, in the boy scouts, teaching my kids, or whatever they wanna do.

But you dont have to treat a totally reasonable line of thinking like hate speech.

Hell a friend of mine works at target and a guy there had a sex change. The bathroom issue comes up. And it wasnt men who had an issue. It was women who did not initially want him in their bathroom. Which I thought was odd considering that gay men seem generally friendly with women in my experience.

But as it turns out...once the paperwork is done hes a woman point blank period...and uses the womens bathroom....but he chose not to at first just to not have to talk about it. But that then puts him in with men...who he is attracted to.

Felt kinda bad for him. Not that I know him personally...but feels like making a tough thing tougher you know?
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #70
Foster5k
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_one6
Women have vag*nas and men have pen*ses. That's why they go into different dressing areas.

It's really that simple. There's nothing else to it. You're just a bigoted idiot.
I'm not a bigoted idiot. I'm open minded to people being homosexual, etc.

What I'm saying is that these homosexual guys that are coming out need different dressing rooms, etc.

Some of you guys are hypocrites. You want everything given to the homosexual, but you completely neglect the heterosexual. Some of those heterosexuals may feel super weird about undressing in front of a guy that has come out and stated he likes men, etc.

Same way women feel wierd undressing infront of men, etc.

This isn't about race. The entire race seperation was not logical. A person's skin has nothing to do with their character, etc. However, a peron's sexuality can make things wierd in locker rooms/dressing rooms were sex organs are exposed.

People that cry, "You're a bigot!" are the very people that are being hypocrites and not thinking in logical sense.

Men and women were seperated from bathrooms for a reason. Men are attracted to women and vise-versa. Why not the same for the homosexuals coming out the wood work, like Jason Collins?

He is a good guy. Probably a good teammate. He just needs to use different bathroom/dressing room. Some guys might feel wierd undressing infront of him. That's all I'm saying.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #71
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

You guys know how big this is? This is the first time an ACTIVE athlete in the actual big leagues comes out as gay. He will get so much press right now and I wonder how they'll react in the Wizards looker room.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #72
Darius
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Whoa, whoa, whoa.......everyone hold on a second....I can't believe what I just read.

Jason Collins is black?

This might be the first funny joke of your ISH career.

Glad to see people coming out.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #73
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Default Re: Jason Collins comes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
I don't understand the whole "coming out" shit. Why do you have to announce to everyone that you are gay? If you're gay and are seeing men, congrats...no one gives a ****
Everyone should feel that way. But lots of people are incredibly biased against them hate on them for something that's none of their business.

In a perfect world, this doesn't matter. But right now, it does.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #74
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

To the bathroom dilemma, why are you guys acting like you want to take a **** around women? Bathrooms are segregated because women can't use urinals bro. A gay dude in a bathroom should not scare you unless you're a homophobe
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #75
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
should he be kicked out of the nba??

Man, I go to CNN and it's a major Headline...

Why does this have to be such a big deal?

Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: