Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #91
guy
NBA All-star

Default Re: Jason Collins comes out, reveals he is gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster5k
Are not women freaked out by having a guy in the same bathroom/locker room as them?

Let's use logic here.

Why were men and women seperated from using the same bathrooms? One could argue that it's because one has urinals and one doesn't. Okay. However, do not women bathrooms and men bathrooms have toilets?

If a men's bathroom was full, why could he not go into a women's bathroom and use the toilet? The women would completely freak out and the guy would be in big trouble and probably ridculed for life about trying to use a women's bathroom.

Point being, why is this the case? Men are attracted to women. Women are attracted to men.(Well majority are....)

Would I have a problem undressing infront of a homosexual? Not really. However, some heterosexuals would. And, to be fair, they have every right to be.

One solution could be, wait for team to finish undressing/showering, then the homosexual can come in and do whatever he needs. It's only fair to everyone involved. This is the price of coming out.

Everyone wants to come out, etc. However, there is a price to be paid. If a guy is gay and never comes out, his heterosexual teammates would never feel wierd undressing infront of him, they would never know he was homosexual.

Maybe, they can have a team vote. If most okay with guy in locker room/bathroom, then fine. If most not, then measures have to be taken. Not fair for everyone involved.

Now this is just ridiculous.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #92
Shepseskaf
Old School

Just like religion, sexual preference should remain private. There's an agenda being pushed by the media with all of the recent pressure for athletes to "come out", and its not a good one.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #93
DropStep
Good High School Starter

Im amazed that someone being gay is still an issue,some of you people need to go out more.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #94
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Some responses in this thread alone is why it's significant that he did come out.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #95
kamil
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauruDude
@Foster

How can you possibly know if someone who is peeing in the same toilet room as you is gay??? Do you want gays to have different haircuts? Stamps on their forehead?

Sounds like he wants history to be repeated from the 1930s and 1940s in Nazi occupied Poland.

What a tool.
kamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #96
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Some responses in this thread alone is why it's significant that he did come out.

this.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #97
NauruDude
Banned

How are we gonna solve this toilet issue with bisexual. We can't keep them in the men's toilet or the women's toilet. Can they piss outside?

So we're gonna have 1 toilet for men, 1 for women, 1 for gays, 1 for lesbians. Hell gays can't be in the same toilet they're gonna have an orgy every single time. Same with lesbians. This is a huge problem.
NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #98
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Just like religion, sexual preference should remain private. There's an agenda being pushed by the media with all of the recent pressure for athletes to "come out", and its not a good one.

Why keep either private?
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #99
RobertdeMeijer
Serious playground baller

Hearing this news makes me very happy. None of use could tell his sexual orientation made him a different person, so we at least can argue that from a fan's perspective, a player's orientation doesn't matter.
Now I'm looking forward to hearing this from a couple more professional athletes, so that anybody ashamed about the way they are doesn't have to anymore.
RobertdeMeijer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #100
kamil
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauruDude
How are we gonna solve this toilet issue with bisexual. We can't keep them in the men's toilet or the women's toilet. Can they piss outside?

So we're gonna have 1 toilet for men, 1 for women, 1 for gays, 1 for lesbians. Hell gays can't be in the same toilet they're gonna have an orgy every single time. Same with lesbians. This is a huge problem.

Is this a serious assumption?
kamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #101
Foster5k
College star

Problem here is that anyone that isn't 100% accepting, to all these homosexual, gets labled homophobic, bigoted, etc.

I am far from a bigot. I work with guys that are openly homosexual. We get along fine. Some guys, on my job, are homophobic do not want to be around these types of individuals. Now, that is real bigotry, in my opinion.

Here, you have a guy, Jason Collins, standing up and saying, "Hey world. I'm gay." That's fine.

However, to be fair, heterosexuals that are his teammates might feel uncomfortable undressing and showering with him.

If someone says, "Well they can just get over it. Not like he likes them.", well that's also wrong, by logical reasoning.

On one side of the coin, some of you guys want everything given to the homosexual. While other the side, you neglect the feelings of the heterosexuals involved.

This is where, unfortunately, we start walking in muddy water. How do we make things fair for everyone involved. As I stated, could have a team vote. If majority fine with undressing/showering with said homosexual player, then fine. If not, measures need to be taken to accomodate everyone.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #102
Le Shaqtus
8-3! #Chargeon

Ain't nothing wrong with liking weewee's and playing pro basketball, good on him
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #103
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster5k
Why can't a man go into a women's bathroom/locker room? But, a homosexual man can go into a men's bathroom/locker room?

What is the logic behind that?

If they start allowing this, men should be able to go into women's locker rooms/bath rooms, and women should be allowed in mens bathrooms and locker rooms. Since we're all so "accepting" these days......
Grow up
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #104
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

Default Re: Jason Collins comes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
So they just can't tell there close friends/family they have to go on one of the biggest sports magazines/websites or whatever it is and tell everyone hey look at me I'm gay? This is nothing more than attention seeking...........

If he came out to those in his life, to his NBA teammates and lived as openly gay it would have been on the covered by the media regardless of whether he told them or not. He might as well come out to the media since they will cover it either way.
secund2nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #105
NauruDude
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamil
Is this a serious assumption?

No I'm making fun of the ideas some are coming up with.
NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: