Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #61
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I really hope that the Raps do pick Barg so they can continue to suck though. That way Bulls can begin being the greatest team in the league by taking Aldridge. And the Blazers can have their guy, and the Bobcats can have theirs, and the Hawks can have theirs. Everything works out. And best of all, Tyrus Thomas might fall all the way to the Warriors, which would be just too dope.

I really hope the Toronto Raptors select Andrea Bargnani, and he blossoms into a star, better yet, I hope he does it next year, while vaulting the Raptors, hypothetically, into the #5 seed in the Eastern Conference. Once again, in this dream scenario, I hope we face the Washington Wizards in the first round, and in Game 7 of that series - on the road in Washington, down 1 point with 10 seconds left, I hope Chris Bosh gets double teamed, kicks it out to Bargnani, whom after a great rookie season has already proven he can survive in the NBA, hits the shot to send Gilbert and GeeWiz home.

Now, that's all in theory, as we all know the Wizards will never be the #4 seed in the Eastern Conference with only Gilbert Arenas.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #62
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh4life
It should have to do with his italian heritage. Like mr. WOP or WOPPER or soemthing like that.

in Italy right now, don't they call him "Il Mago" (the Magician)? that's a pretty solid nickname I think
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #63
bonez26
Local High School Star

Barngnani was said to be this morning by Maurizio to be 248-250 already if he can gain 20 lbs of muscle he could play centre plausibly. 7" 270 is like Eddy Curry size.You could probably even Have him out there with Bosh and Villy. I really cannot believe Gay is in the Pic Right now. i think it will come dow to Bargnani or Aldridge.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #64
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Quote:
Now, that's all in theory, as we all know the Wizards will never be the #4 seed in the Eastern Conference with only Gilbert Arenas.

Ouch, lol.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #65
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

This is obviously a smoke screen. We're a day away from the draft and the Rap's are trying to stir up some trade proposals.

As far as Andrea's nickname: "The Italian Pirate - Andrea BAAAAAAARRRRRRgnani"

Yeah, it stinks.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #66
Fatal9
owwwww

Barg is different than the recent European busts which have obviously scared some of you. He is playing on the best team in the best league over in Europe. Unlike Tshkitvili and Darko, who could not get any playing time in a high ranking league, Barg has been the key element in getting his team the championship over in Italy. All the other European busts, have not been as polished and talented as Bargnani has been, they got picked because the GM's were bagging in on a lot of potential due to their size. I am just worried that Sam is not the coach to bring out the best out of Bargnani.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:39 PM   #67
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Quote:
in Italy right now, don't they call him "Il Mago" (the Magician)? that's a pretty solid nickname I think

Well if he has one previously i think we should use it. But if the raps pick him up, don't you worry im sure chuck will give him some stupid nickname that i will laugh at everytime he says it. I'm sure he's sitting at hom looking at the top draft picks right now, just trying to figure out some stupid name to call each one depending on who Toronto drafts.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #68
JohnnySic
green is good

This is the hardest draft to predict that I can remember. I can usually nail down the first few picks with relative accuracy, but not this year.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:43 PM   #69
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
This is obviously a smoke screen. We're a day away from the draft and the Rap's are trying to stir up some trade proposals.

As far as Andrea's nickname: "The Italian Pirate - Andrea BAAAAAAARRRRRRgnani"

Yeah, it stinks.

I think it's a smokescreen too. Mainly directed to scare Charlotte into coughing up more in a trade (assuming the rumours about them wanting Gay are true).

Colangelo wants Bargnani but doesn't want to use the #1 on him.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:43 PM   #70
Fatal9
owwwww

They showed Gay's workout on TV and he looked damn good. He locked down Morrison on D and was hitting fadeaways and crossing over him and Denham Brown. He looked really good, I wouldn't mind drafting him, who cares if we are clogged up on forwards, like BC said we are not good enough to draft by position. Gay also said that the reason he didn't put up the expected stats was because he was playing with other NBA level teammates like Denham and Marcus. He brings us much needed athleticsm, unlike Joey he can actually utilize his athletism with a basketball in his hand. He would be a good fit as well seeing as he is an unselfish player. Oh well whoever we pick their is no doubt in my mind that we won't be considerablly better, we just need a better coach.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #71
Fatal9
owwwww

Didn't Barganani see he wanted to be drafted by Toronto and Toronto only? Shouldn't that scare some of the teams in the top 3-5 from picking him, so that we could trade down? Can't see the teams drafting a player who they haven't done much scouting on AND who doesn't really want to play for them...because there is always the risk that he can stay in Europe if the Raps don't draft him.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:47 PM   #72
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

I agree about Gay fatal, I wouldn't mind having him at all, he could be a star, and let's not forget how swingman-oriented the league is/has become - making Gay all the more important as he could get a ton of FTAs a game
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #73
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Mago stands for "magician." Mago sounds ok, as I have used it before, but having magician for a nickname is bad. There was already a Houdini - and what was Pippen's nickname? I thought it had something like magician along with it, I can't remember.

I am all for the drafting of Bargnani. Weighing in at 248 is what made me change my mind off of Aldridge. People argue with each other that LA can't play CT because he is too thin/light. Bargnani, however, weighs a lot more (based on the last numbers I've seen) and his weight is mainly in his lower body, something people say centers need.

I said that before and Gobb questioned me, but to Gobb I say this: He may or may not play in the post. If he does, his lower body weight will serve him well in not getting pushed off; if he tends to stray from the post, having his weight where it is has no negative effects. In a win-break even situation.

GeeWiz I am interested in your explanation as to why you write him off without knowing much about him. Don't just say he's a 7 foot jumpshooter, give us actual reasoning. You know, the kind of reasoning you would expect to encounter from someone who wants to be taken seriously.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:49 PM   #74
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I think it's a smokescreen too. Mainly directed to scare Charlotte into coughing up more in a trade (assuming the rumours about them wanting Gay are true).

I know mock drafts for the last month at least have had them pegged to take either Gay or Morrison but I just can't see them taking a SF with Gerald Wallace playing great from them at that position already I think they would be better off taking Roy.

But I understand what you mean, IF those rumors are true it would be a perfect situation for the Raptors because they would only have to chance waiting one pick before taking Bargnani (or whoever they're actually set on taking) and recieve another pick and/or player in the process.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:02 PM   #75
Unregistered

I really hope that if Charlie is traded its not this year. Bryan should see that after Charlie's stellar rookie season and 48 point game that he has a lot of room to improve. In my opinion if they were to draft a SF type player such as Gay or Bargnani then they should stick it out with CV until next year. The priority shouldn't be necessarily to improve and make the playoffs at the expense of the future. If Charlie turns out to be a 20ppg scorer he'll be worth a lot more in 2 years then what he's worth now. If it's a great deal fine, but if not just let the guy play and stop putting in rumours everyday.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: