Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #16
GP_20
Glove

Default Re: 2013 Quarterback Rankings (top 10)

Is this about the 10 best QBs in 2013 or the 10 best QB seasons in 2013?

For example, as someone (stupid) pointed out Tom Brady may not have many weapons in 2013 and Romo has better weapons so he will have a better season (I dont agree). But we all know Tom Brady is still the better QB (give them equal teams Brady does better).

So is this better QB in 2013 or better season in 2013?
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:53 AM   #17
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Not one mention of the Superbowl MVP? He is most certainly a Top 10 QB.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:07 AM   #18
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Not one mention of the Superbowl MVP? He is most certainly a Top 10 QB.
You bring up a valid point. The problem is that he's always statistically average and Baltimore is primarily about defense. Even with the SB run it's arguable that Boldin did more than him. But the SB MVP should get some respect, at least you can be sure of him in the clutch.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:26 AM   #19
DuMa
Canned

Im pretty sure Flacco > Ryan
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #20
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
You bring up a valid point. The problem is that he's always statistically average and Baltimore is primarily about defense. Even with the SB run it's arguable that Boldin did more than him. But the SB MVP should get some respect, at least you can be sure of him in the clutch.

Very true. However, half of the QBs mentioned on these lists either had worse or comparable stats than him, are known as chokers and have barely won at all in the playoffs or have only started like 6 games in their career.

Meanwhile you have the Superbowl MVP, who had a fantastic showing throughout the playoffs, whose offense averaged 31 points in the PO and who is known as a pretty clutch guy does not get a mention while Alex freaking Smith and Sam Bradford does? Ridiculous.

He most certainly did not Dilfer his way to his Superbowl ring. He earned it. That defense was a far, far cry from the early 2000 Ravens defense.

Last edited by GatorKid117 : 04-30-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #21
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Primetime's list is the best if you switch out Bradford for someone like Flacco.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #22
jazz873
College star

1. Rodgers
2. Brees
3. Manning
4. Brady
5. Ryan
6. Romo
7. Ben
8. Newton
9. RG3
10. Eli
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #23
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Bradford is a better QB than Flacco...he will eventually prove to be elite even

The ONLY TIME Flacco has ever resembled anything close to elite or even just above average, was last years playoffs and SB. He gets cred for that and I would probably have him ranked around 12, but the rest of his career is pretty much "meh" and because of that he is not top-10.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #24
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Bradford is a better QB than Flacco...he will eventually prove to be elite even

The ONLY TIME Flacco has ever resembled anything close to elite or even just above average, was last years playoffs and SB. He gets cred for that and I would probably have him ranked around 12, but the rest of his career is pretty much "meh" and because of that he is not top-10.

Bradford is better QB because you're a homer. He has been a BUST thus far in his career. To think otherwise is asinine.

Joe Flacco has been an above average QB for the past few years. No need to exaggerate here. The biggest knock on him was his PO resume. He had habit of playing small when the moment called. This past season he put that to rest. Will he still be inconsistent? Yea probably but outside the Top 4 everyone is. But he showed he at least had the cajones to shine on the brightest stage now. 11 TDs and 0 interceptions do not lie.

I really fail to see where the lack of respect is coming from. The prior year he was a Lee Evans missed TD away from going to the Superbowl. Need I remind you how close they were? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIH-GrnnPVM

That would be 2 Superbowl appearances in 2 years. But nope, hes not Top 10.

Give me Joe Flacco over career loser Tony Romo any day.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #25
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Flacco played great last post season but his team was STACKED...from RB to WR to arguably the best OLine in the NFL to a top-5 defense

The Ravens were LOADED

Sam won ROY you fool, he hasn't even been close to a bust, Fisher said Sam was one of main reasons he went to the Rams, he knew he had a franchise QB to work with.

Flacco will NEVER win another ring now that the Ravens had to take apart thirty team for his contract, in fact I doubt he makes the playoffs next year...the Rams are in the hardest division in the NFL and I like their odds better from here out.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #26
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Where's Big Ben?

I guess I should've put him at 10.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #27
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
Is this about the 10 best QBs in 2013 or the 10 best QB seasons in 2013?

For example, as someone (stupid) pointed out Tom Brady may not have many weapons in 2013 and Romo has better weapons so he will have a better season (I dont agree). But we all know Tom Brady is still the better QB (give them equal teams Brady does better).

So is this better QB in 2013 or better season in 2013?

You're an idiot. It's just a list and people's opinion. I think Romo will have a bigger season/better numbers than Brady. Anyone who thinks Romo is a better QB than Brady isn't paying attention.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #28
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Prime... come on man. Your hyperbole is ridiculous. The Ravens most certainly do not have the best O-line in the NFL. Bryant McKinnie was/is a chronic fatass. No one is putting him up there with the premier LT in the league. Oher has been a disappointment since he was drafted. Yanda is fantastic but the rest of the O-line is just solid if unspectacular. Hardly anywhere near best O-line talk.

Their WR corp was above average but definitely not stacked. Ray Rice is a beast I give you that.

And their defense. Top 5 in what? They were completely average last year. No Ladarius Webb, no Suggs (for a good chunk of the year) not Lewis at the end. Ngata was gimpy. They were nothing to write home about; they were average in just about every statistical measure out there. Sure they shut down NE in the PO but SF and Denver had no problem lighting them up for most of the game. Along with plenty of other teams throughout the regular season. This was not the Raven defense of old.

The stacked team argument holds no weight in this discussion.

On Sam Bradford, when I think of a #1 I think of someone who completely changes the culture of the team. See Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III this year. Up to this point, I haven't seen that in Sammy. Now was bust maybe too strong a word, your probably right. Disappointment would probably be better. But then again, personally I hold #1 picks to high standards. Now could he have a fantastic year and light up the league this year, yeah I don't see why not. However, why bank on him taking that next step when you have a QB who has already done it?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #29
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Prime... come on man. Your hyperbole is ridiculous. The Ravens most certainly do not have the best O-line in the NFL. Bryant McKinnie was/is a chronic fatass. No one is putting him up there with the premier LT in the league. Oher has been a disappointment since he was drafted. Yanda is fantastic but the rest of the O-line is just solid if unspectacular. Hardly anywhere near best O-line talk.

Their WR corp was above average but definitely not stacked. Ray Rice is a beast I give you that.

And their defense. Top 5 in what? They were completely average last year. No Ladarius Webb, no Suggs (for a good chunk of the year) not Lewis at the end. Ngata was gimpy. They were nothing to write home about; they were average in just about every statistical measure out there. Sure they shut down NE in the PO but SF and Denver had no problem lighting them up for most of the game. Along with plenty of other teams throughout the regular season. This was not the Raven defense of old.

The stacked team argument holds no weight in this discussion.

On Sam Bradford, when I think of a #1 I think of someone who completely changes the culture of the team. See Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III this year. Up to this point, I haven't seen that in Sammy. Now was bust maybe too strong a word, your probably right. Disappointment would probably be better. But then again, personally I hold #1 picks to high standards. Now could he have a fantastic year and light up the league this year, yeah I don't see why not. However, why bank on him taking that next step when you have a QB who has already done it?
the Raven's oline was top-5 in the NFL...FOR SURE, this isn't even arguable

their D was ELITE going into the post season...their injured players got healthy, Ray, Suggs, etc and they went into the post season a very physical elite defense...very reminiscent of the Giants teams who had perhaps average regular season teams but got healthy at the end.

Sam was better than Luck last year, guess you didn't notice, or only noticed that Luck's "TEAM" managed to sneak into the playoffs

here is good article for you:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...rceptions-2012

look at where Sam is, and then look at where Luck is

Sammy was also better than Luck his rookie year, when he won ROOKIE OF THE YEAR...as in, the best rookie that was drafted out of all of the rookie...THE COMPLETE AND TOTAL OPPOSITE OF A "BUST"

anyway...

Quote:
He has been a BUST thus far in his career. To think otherwise is asinine.

^^^ you might as well have typed "I don't shit about football"
Old 04-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #30
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
You're an idiot. It's just a list and people's opinion. I think Romo will have a bigger season/better numbers than Brady. Anyone who thinks Romo is a better QB than Brady isn't paying attention.

I have both Peyton and Brady above Romo right now, as everyone can see in my list on the first page

but I would just like to point out that Peyton and Tom are aging (Peyton in particular) and eventually I do expect Romo to surpass them in talent

I don't think this will happen this coming season, but perhaps in next or the following season...at some point in time (probably soon) those two QB Legends will decline
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: