Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #31
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 Quarterback Rankings (top 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I have both Peyton and Brady above Romo right now, as everyone can see in my list on the first page

but I would just like to point out that Peyton and Tom are aging (Peyton in particular) and eventually I do expect Romo to surpass them in talent

I don't think this will happen this coming season, but perhaps in next or the following season...at some point in time (probably soon) those two QB Legends will decline

Its not like Romo is just coming off his rookie season..... there is no way in hell that 33 year old Tony choker Romo is going to surpass either of those QB legends.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #32
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
the Raven's oline was top-5 in the NFL...FOR SURE, this isn't even arguable

You said arguably the best though, why backtrack? Oh yes, hyperbole! Point GK. I disagree with them being top 5 as well but whatever.

their D was ELITE going into the post season...their injured players got healthy, Ray, Suggs, etc and they went into the post season a very physical elite defense...very reminiscent of the Giants teams who had perhaps average regular season teams but got healthy at the end.

You said they were Top 5 though? Backtrack? Oh yes, point GK again! Anyway, they gave up 22 points/game in the PO. If that is elite defense there were quite a lot of elite defense in the NFL last year.

Sam was better than Luck last year, guess you didn't notice, or only noticed that Luck's "TEAM" managed to sneak into the playoffs

here is good article for you:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...rceptions-2012

look at where Sam is, and then look at where Luck is

I was never comparing Luck and Bradford's success last year. Not sure what your arguing here. I would hope Sam in his 3rd year would be better than a rookie.

Sammy was also better than Luck his rookie year, when he won ROOKIE OF THE YEAR...as in, the best rookie that was drafted out of all of the rookie...THE COMPLETE AND TOTAL OPPOSITE OF A "BUST"

While Luck's year was overrated, he was pretty good. I'm not going to pretend like I watched much of either but they were comparable at least. You could make an argument for each. I mean Luck did somewhat closely almost throw for 1k more than Sammy. I think Luck was asked to do a lot more.

anyway...

^^^ you might as well have typed "I don't shit about football"

Lol, I already stated bust was too harsh a term. I am capable of owning up to my errors. Can you do the same?

GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Its not like Romo is just coming off his rookie season..... there is no way in hell that 33 year old Tony choker Romo is going to surpass either of those QB legends.
He will def pass up Peyton in 2-3 years

it is possible that he never passes Brady...but I think he will
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #34
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
none of that was backtracking...I DO think the Ravens oline was arguably the best in the NFL, as well as SFs...two best olines were in the SB...perhaps the Texans have an argument but that is about it

and Ravens D was a top-5 D while everyone was healthy...just like the Giants D was one of the best when they got healthy on their SB runs, even though they were average during the regular season

Ngata, Suggs, Lewis, Reed...ALL HALL OF FAMERS lol

Kruger, Upshaw, Webb, etc...plenty of other studs

and you are trying to say the defense wasn't that great?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #35
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He will def pass up Peyton in 2-3 years

it is possible that he never passes Brady...but I think he will

I must have misunderstood you, a little confused why you would you even talk about how Romo will "pass up peyton" in 2-3 years when Peyton will be 40 and retired and Romo will be 36 and playing the twilight of his NFL career???

Russel Wilson, RG3, Luck, Newton and practically every young NFL QB will pass Peyton in a few years when he is 40+ years old and retired. These young QBs will all pass Romo too, for the same reason they are all going to pass Peyton (but also because romo is not that good).

Last edited by Nanners : 04-30-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #36
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
I must have misunderstood you, a little confused why you would you even talk about how Romo will "pass up peyton" in 2-3 years when Peyton will be 40 and retired and Romo will be 36 and playing the twilight of his NFL career???

Russel Wilson, RG3, Luck, Newton and practically every young NFL QB will pass Peyton in a few years when he is 40+ years old and retired. These young QBs will all pass Romo too, for the same reason they are all going to pass Peyton (but also because romo is not that good).
yeah, that is all I was pointing out...peyton and brady can only be elite for so long...eventually their skills will dwindle down...if they retire on top then props to them but very few do that, only QB I can even think of that retired on top was Elway...even Joe Cool had a regression
Old 04-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #37
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Quote:
yeah, that is all I was pointing out...peyton and brady can only be elite for so long...eventually their skills will dwindle down...if they retire on top then props to them but very few do that, only QB I can even think of that retired on top was Elway...even Joe Cool had a regression

Well.... thanks for pointing that out???? most of us assumed that Peyton and Brady would be elite forever.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #38
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
none of that was backtracking...I DO think the Ravens oline was arguably the best in the NFL, as well as SFs...two best olines were in the SB...perhaps the Texans have an argument but that is about it

and Ravens D was a top-5 D while everyone was healthy...just like the Giants D was one of the best when they got healthy on their SB runs, even though they were average during the regular season

Ngata, Suggs, Lewis, Reed...ALL HALL OF FAMERS lol

Kruger, Upshaw, Webb, etc...plenty of other studs

and you are trying to say the defense wasn't that great?

I really, honestly can't believe you think the Ravens O-line was arguably the best last year. I really don't even.... sigh. If you say so....

They were great because they got their big names back? Two games in the playoffs they gave up 30+ plus points. That is elite defense to you? Who cares who they got back if they didn't perform on the field.

The Giants D did not allow a team over 20+ during their run. The only thing comparable between the two D's is both getting healthy at the right time. There is a huge gap on what actually transpired on the field.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #39
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Despite the arguments about two QBs that no one cares about (Sam and Flacco), I'm surprised to see Ben slip on these lists. I think Todd Haley was far too conservative with his play calling last year which hurt Ben. If he opens things up and lets Ben take over, then I think Ben will be where he belongs on these lists (top 5).
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #40
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Well.... thanks for pointing that out???? most of us assumed that Peyton and Brady would be elite forever.
I dont think some people understand that is right around the corner...and I don't think it is something that comes to mind for many right away.

Peyton turns 38 going into this season? Wouldn't be that surprised to see his regression start now...it could happen
Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #41
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Despite the arguments about two QBs that no one cares about (Sam and Flacco), I'm surprised to see Ben slip on these lists. I think Todd Haley was far too conservative with his play calling last year which hurt Ben. If he opens things up and lets Ben take over, then I think Ben will be where he belongs on these lists (top 5).
Yeah i am not exactly sure how people can leave Ben out of the top 10
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You cant leave Big Ben out, everyone who did is a moron. Fact.

Quote:
I dont think some people understand that is right around the corner...and I don't think it is something that comes to mind for many right away.

Peyton turns 38 going into this season? Wouldn't be that surprised to see his regression start now...it could happen

When Manning was with the Colts you said he was on a major decline, regressing.

So now you're saying this will happen soon? Guess this wasnt apart of your "I told you so" moments you here huh?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #43
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Quote:

I wouldnt be suprised to see Tony Romo start his regression in a year or two... still dont see your point.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #44
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
I wouldnt be suprised to see Tony Romo start his regression in a year or two... still dont see your point.
Yes you did, you saw my point and acted as though it was too obvious to even bring up.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #45
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You cant leave Big Ben out, everyone who did is a moron. Fact.

When Manning was with the Colts you said he was on a major decline, regressing.

So now you're saying this will happen soon? Guess this wasnt apart of your "I told you so" moments you here huh?
Lol I never said "major" but he was starting to decline before going to Denver.

He surprised me last year, ill admit it...he was great, even with the supposed "choke"
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: