Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #61
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here
Red face Re: Will Lebron ever score 60 pts in a game?

Wow a lot of butt hurt people in here. Only the most insecure fans would take this as something anti Lebron. With Lebrons ability to score as efficiently as he does I think its odd that he hasn't had a game where he explodes for 60.

The Jordan & Kobe comparisons were to eliminate the first 4 pages of eventual Jordan & Kobe 60 pt game talk. Also those 2 along with baylor are the only non big men to do it 3 or more times.

Wilts done it 32 times.. you guys need to calm down if somebody isn't praising a player its not hating, I'm sure some people are suprised that Lebron hasn't dropped 60.

Insecure fans make this into something it isn't.
TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #62
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation
Default Re: Will Lebron ever score 60 pts in a game?

If he's playing against the Lakers with Kobe guarding him, sure he will.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #63
Rose'sACL
Good college starter

Rose'sACL is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Wow a lot of butt hurt people in here. Only the most insecure fans would take this as something anti Lebron. With Lebrons ability to score as efficiently as he does I think its odd that he hasn't had a game where he explodes for 60.

The Jordan & Kobe comparisons were to eliminate the first 4 pages of eventual Jordan & Kobe 60 pt game talk. Also those 2 along with baylor are the only non big men to do it 3 or more times.

Wilts done it 32 times.. you guys need to calm down if somebody isn't praising a player its not hating, I'm sure some people are suprised that Lebron hasn't dropped 60.

this guy talking about insecure fans.
Rose'sACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #64
Magic 32
College superstar

Magic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
If he's playing against the Lakers with Kobe guarding him, sure he will.

Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #65
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 is considered somewhat cooldh144498 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc19
But he's not a ballhogging chuckers like those 2. He rather choke than chuck though.

dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #66
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 is considered somewhat cooldh144498 is considered somewhat cool

holy crap I had no idea Jordan and Lebron both have more FGA a game than Kobe. The way morons on this forum have been saying, I thought Kobe is the all time leader in FGA/game. less than 20 FGA a game is a ballhog, Lebron must be a bigger ballhog.
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:57 PM   #67
chosen_wun
Local High School Star

chosen_wun has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh144498
holy crap I had no idea Jordan and Lebron both have more FGA a game than Kobe. The way morons on this forum have been saying, I thought Kobe is the all time leader in FGA/game. less than 20 FGA a game is a ballhog, Lebron must be a bigger ballhog.
What you are forgetting is that he started off his career as a reserve lol, then a second option lmao. Yet he still found a way to be close in career FGA to superior players who had the reigns since day one, you really have to chuck to do that.

I commend him.
chosen_wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #68
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Never

Jordan and Kobe are the real GOAT..

1a Kobe
1b Jordan

LeBron - borderline top 20
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #69
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Probably not, but he's not that kind of player. Guy's vested in other areas besides scoring.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #70
Bernie Nips
Local High School Star

Bernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this board

Quote:

Nah, you're just a terrible troll. Why did you pick 60 of all scoring? I mean, he hit 56, those extra 4 points mean THAT much? With that 56 point game, he proved he can score, it's just not his game.
Bernie Nips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #71
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_wun
What you are forgetting is that he started off his career as a reserve lol, then a second option lmao. Yet he still found a way to be close in career FGA to superior players who had the reigns since day one, you really have to chuck to do that.

I commend him.

true, but then why is this never considered when discussing Kobe's career ppg?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #72
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Nips
Nah, you're just a terrible troll. Why did you pick 60 of all scoring? I mean, he hit 56, those extra 4 points mean THAT much? With that 56 point game, he proved he can score, it's just not his game.

really? 60 pts is an arbitrary stat?

Cherry picking a stat would be making the cut off number 59 so i could talk about Jordan and his 30+ 50-59 point games.

Last edited by TheMarkMadsen : 05-01-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #73
chosen_wun
Local High School Star

chosen_wun has not been impressing people

Quote:
true, but then why is this never considered when discussing Kobe's career ppg?
What is there to discuss ? he wasnt good enough to play big minutes right away. He doesn't get a pass for that.
chosen_wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #74
mugiwara
High School Starter

mugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected poster

Will he ever need too?
mugiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #75
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_wun
What is there to discuss ? he wasnt good enough to play big minutes right away. He doesn't get a pass for that.

He was good enough to start on a bad team.

Was he good enough to start on a playoff team like the Lakers were? His growing pains would have hindered the team a bit, so most likely not. He was drafted by a team who already had a good young shooting guard in Eddie Jones, which just shows how much potential they thought Kobe had.

However you have to remember that this was 1996, teams weren't just lining up to hand over the keys to a franchise to a 17-18 year old rookie, the success of guys like Kevin Garnette & Kobe Bryant paved the way for bad teams who were now eager to get ahold of the next big high school prospect hoping he would turn into a KG, Tmac or Kobe.

But back then high school prospects weren't as highly touted and were considered a waay bigger risk than what they were worth.

Guys like Kobe & KG changed that perception, which led to the plethora of HS standouts entering the NBA eventually leading to the rule change
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: