Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #106
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Will Lebron ever score 60 pts in a game?

He flows with the game so his stats seem underwhelming at times consider the talent he is.

Sometimes he needs to put his stamp on the game.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #107
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Only if Bosh and Wade are out...
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #108
Hoopz2332
National High School Star

Hoopz2332 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
He should have had multiple already but when he's hot, he'll go off and then take his foot off the pedal and try to get his teammates involved now that the other team is doubling and giving him even more attention than they normally do.

That's one of the things that I don't really enjoy about Lebron's game. If he kept going, there is not doubt in my mind he would have had a couple 60+ games to resume.

agreed
Hoopz2332 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #109
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm kind of surprised that it hasn't happened yet. I think by the time Lebron gets close the game is usually a blowout. You see other great scorers putting up big numbers but the games are always close.

I'm sure Lebron has had many games where he contributed to 60 points with points and assists. Games that he could have scored 60 point if only he had been more selfish.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #110
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yes he will at least once or twice, if he sets his mind on scoring.

Also the sooner people realize Kobe and Lebron are two totally different players the sooner they can appreciate them as is and not engage in petty bickering.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #111
AintNoSunshine
Decent college freshman

AintNoSunshine is starting to rub some people the wrong wayAintNoSunshine is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
No, Kobe isn't known for piling up high assist/ rebounding #'s.

Lebron is known for his scoring & is considered by some the best scorer in the league, so its a fair question to ask if anybody thinks he'll ever hit that 60 pt game mark.

How is not having a 60 pt game a knock on Lebron? Since when was 60 pts games the criteria for all time greats? Its a freaking question of wether or not you think one of the best scorers in the game will ever have a 60 pt game?

Only the most insecure fans could take this as a knock, 60 pt games isn't the criteria for who is an all time great and who isn't.

I said I dont see it as a knock you dumbazz. And altho I have no doubt that if lebron really cared to gun for it he can score 60,I dont think he is mentioned amongest most potent scorers.
AintNoSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #112
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Wow a lot of butt hurt people in here. Only the most insecure fans would take this as something anti Lebron.

Most of that is your own doing. When 90% of your post are in some way trying to boost Kobe, and bash Lebron/Jordan, and you make a thread like this - even if it really is sincere - people are going to have a hard time believing it's not agenda driven.

If this thread had come from a more objective poster, it would have probably gotten better feedback. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm calling it as I see it.
DatAsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #113
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
If Andre Miller, Tracy Murray, Tony Delk, Deron Williams, Jamal Crawford, and Sleepy Floyd dropping 50 on Magic Johnson IN THE PLAYOFFS for their career highs of 50+ ... and they aren't NEAR the caliber player of LeBron, you don't think if it was his focus LeBron couldn't get 60?

To be fair Magic is the worst defensive player in the HoF.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #114
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Does not really matter. Scoring 60 or 80pts does not grant you an NBA title.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #115
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
Most of that is your own doing. When 90% of your post are in some way trying to boost Kobe, and bash Lebron/Jordan, and you make a thread like this - even if it really is sincere - people are going to have a hard time believing it's not agenda driven.

If this thread had come from a more objective poster, it would have probably gotten better feedback. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm calling it as I see it.

do you have anything to add to the topic besides bitching about the thread?

if you have a problem with it don't post in it? Or answer the question of the OP, there are a lot of people in here that had no problem answering the question w/o getting defensive about it.

You saw this thread and automatically thought it was to take a shot at Lebron, or to prop up Kobe, leave your personal feelings out of this and answer the question. I've stated numerous times in this thread that a 60pt game isn't some kind of qualification for being an all time great, but ironic that you don't quote that..

keep cherry picking my post looking for something to complain about, it's funny that when people make obvious troll threads to bash kobe and prop up whoever you have no problem with it..but this one struck a nerve did it? My original post was nothing but facts, no personal feelings or opinions behind it. I never said a 60pt game meant anything when it comes to being an all time great, hell tom chambers scored 60 once. Take your sour grapes somewhere else

Last edited by TheMarkMadsen : 05-01-2013 at 11:18 PM.
TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #116
Leftimage
I dunk in Crocs

Leftimage has an OK reputation so far

The real shocker is how Durant doesn't have a 60 point game...

Lebron does have a 52-point triple double though (first player since Kareem in 75' to do that)

Leftimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #117
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftimage
The real shocker is how Durant doesn't have a 60 point game...

Lebron does have a 52-point triple double though (first player since Kareem in 75' to do that)

true, and i'm sure if in 10 years he still doesn't, somebody will find that surprising
Old 05-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #118
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maybe next year.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #119
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Maybe next year.

honestly though, the best chance for Lebron to actually hit a 60pt game would be in the playoffs IMO

Game 6 against the Celtics last year, he simply went into scoring mode for most of that game, if they go down 3-2 in a series again, i could see Lebron coming out with that same intensity & focus, he could get 60 with that mentality
Old 05-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #120
deja vu
Form is temporary

deja vu has not been impressing people

Doubt it. He's too busy caring about his great stats to care for a 60-point game.

H'es not a versatile scorer in the mold of MJ or Kobe.
deja vu is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: