Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default Watching Minecraft gamers on youtube

Is that what's popular nowadays? Watching people play videogames on youtube?
These guys seem like enormous nerds. I've limited my son's time on time on the internet because of this. All I hear is screaming and lame jokes. I hope none of you guys are these people
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
bballer
King of ISH

Default Re: Watching Minecraft gamers on youtube

Um people do it because minecraft is rather complex and they make tutorials and show people cool things to build. There is no manual explaining the game so YouTube is the best option.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

i found out about minecraft via youtube way back in its alpha stages. game used to be sick but notch is a fat ******* and it sucks now.

its turned into a bunch of 20-somethings making assloads of money off of preteens.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Jameerthefear
Atlantean

I've never really understood the appeal of "Let's Play" videos when you already own the game. Usually the guys who play them either just scream into their mic alot (pewdiepew) or are just straight up corny.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer
Um people do it because minecraft is rather complex and they make tutorials and show people cool things to build. There is no manual explaining the game so YouTube is the best option.

True, usually videos give some sort of guide. Some instruct the basics, but others can show you some very specific and high order things. People need to get over the idea that video games are some sort of kids activity. Some times just watching players go HAM is great. It isn't really any different from chess masters having an audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
I've never really understood the appeal of "Let's Play" videos when you already own the game. Usually the guys who play them either just scream into their mic alot (pewdiepew) or are just straight up corny.

Well, not every video is going to be well made. How many terrible amateur comedy or music videos are there on youtube?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
only lets play i ever watched was a heavy rain one because i was too lazy to play the game.

i have never been a huge fan but the community behind them is pretty ridiculous.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #7
ace23

My brother plays this about 10 hours a day. He spends another 1 or 2 watching the videos.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
Johnny Jones
Russel Wilson = GOAT

Quote:
Pewdiepie is terrible. The guy is not funny at all.
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
DropStep
Good High School Starter

Those guys make millions of youtube.

They basically sit down all day, play video games while millions of people watch them and they make millions.

I aint even mad tho.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
Pewdiepie is terrible. The guy is not funny at all.

I didn't even know what that is, looked it up, yeah that is fucking horrible. I made it like 20 seconds in. He is just saying random nonsense and hopes it forms a joke. But that is more a problem with the "comedian" than the type of video. I'm sure someone could much better.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
joe
College superstar

Quote:

They're not all like that, there's some really good ones out there. It's fun to watch someone who's just an expert in a game. I can play Final Fantasy 9 whenever I want because I own it, but I've watched HC Bailly play it instead because he knows everything about it, is funny, always does things I never knew about, etc..

I like to watch them more for games that I've already played. It's like you get to have the experience again without the annoyance of playing it yourself :p
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #12
Knicks101
Hustle Loyalty Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropStep
Those guys make millions of youtube.

They basically sit down all day, play video games while millions of people watch them and they make millions.

I aint even mad tho.

Do you really believe people are making millions posting youtube videos? Really?
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Jameerthefear
Atlantean

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
They're not all like that, there's some really good ones out there. It's fun to watch someone who's just an expert in a game. I can play Final Fantasy 9 whenever I want because I own it, but I've watched HC Bailly play it instead because he knows everything about it, is funny, always does things I never knew about, etc..

I like to watch them more for games that I've already played. It's like you get to have the experience again without the annoyance of playing it yourself :p
True. The only ones I have seen are the ones I see my younger brother watch. Which is like X or something.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
Rake2204
NBA Superstar

I have a tougher time understanding the NBA 2K commentary phenomenon. At least in Minecraft I could see how perhaps someone could discover how to create something useful to put toward their own game. 2K just seems to have a ton of people talking over their own MyPlayer campaign, offering little more than a verbal playthrough. Surely, to each their own, but I do not understand it.

If it was something like, "Okay, today I'm going to show you how to unlock the 2005 Phoenix Suns", I'd be all ears. But if it's just "Eyyo! We back at you with another edition of Talib Smalls: The Life! You know I'm bout to wrap up that regular season averaging 34 and 14! Talib wasn't feeling well before tonight's matchup though so we'll see what happens."

I struggle with that.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #15
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

I don't play minecraft, but if you're going to over-react to phases in your son's life, and jump in over some pretty educational obsessions, then more power to you.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: