Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default End of Watch = Great Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNeO8nOJ7Kc
EXCLUSIVE SCENE - End of Watch (Michael Pena fight)

who's seen it?
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation
Default Re: End of Watch = Great Movie

it's entertaining but I wouldn't label it great
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:36 AM   #3
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Yeah I liked it, way better than expected. Great chemistry/dialogue between those two dudes.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:40 AM   #4
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm uber critical when it comes to L.A. and how "urban" life is represented. It usually shows a part that's correct, a part that's outdated with mostly stereotypes and bad acting.

It specially grinds my gears when they have non Mexicans try to play Mexicans, shit irks. I'm sure there's other ethnicities that feel the same way.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:47 AM   #5
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

I enjoyed it
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:46 AM   #6
treadster
Good High School Starter

treadster has an OK reputation so far

it's a good movie
treadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Just saw it yesterday, was pleasantly surprised. Had a lot of good elements to it and I thought it was going to be a crappy generic cop movie.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know I gave it a good review in the "rate the last movie" thread.

I sort of saw it on a whim one Saturday afternoon after seeing The Master. I was pleasantly surprised. I felt like it was gonna be a gimmicky handy cam flick, which it was, but by sprinkling in some security cams, some cams from police cars, some other characters with cams, it felt more dynamic.

I felt the best parts were the bits completely unrelated to the main story. The house fire. The wedding. I coulda lived with just sort of random cop stuff and big life moments. I felt the overarcing story with the human trafficking and cartel was a bit over the top. That could've just been a standard street gang, they didn't have to play into the stereotypes quite so much, and they certainly didn't need the international trafficking element, for that to have ended the same way it did.

But overall, definitely worth checking out.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #9
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation here

I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't it great. A solid 7/10. The whole premise of Jake Gyllenhaal filming shit for his class is completely bullshit. For a police officer to do that would be a seriously felony. They wouldn't just tell him to stop doing it like in the movie. You can't just film police procedures for your off duty benefit.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 06-14-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #10
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far

it's a very good movie
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:54 AM   #11
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
The whole premise of Jake Gyllenhaal filming shit for his class is completely bullshit. For a police officer to do that would be a seriously felony. They wouldn't just tell him to stop doing it like in the movie. You can't just film police procedures for your off duty benefit.

two words:

erase button

also,... I like this part of the soundtrack/score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEWQCLnXUg4
David Sardy - Funeral
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #12
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just saw it and I though it was a cool movie too. Jack is a better actor than I expected though.
Bandito is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: