Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #76
FiveRings
Banned
 
FiveRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 786
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
apparently Miley is #1 in Maxim top 100 hottest women... the standards for that magazine must have dropped at an all time low
I'm tearing up. So happy for her, that she's finally getting the respect she deserves.

I was about to say Maxim has just gained some credibility, but then I see AJ Lee and Ariana Grande missing from the list
FiveRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #77
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star
 
ShaqAttack3234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,903
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveRings
Should not be attracted? Attraction is not a choice (see homosexuality). For most of human existence, most men got married to girls even younger than 14 and started having babies. In your favourite player Shaq's religion, Islam, to this day men are permitted to marry and have sex with girls at the age of nine, just as prophet Mohammad did.

You're naive if you believe most men are not attracted to 16 year old girls. Some of course will fight this attraction for whatever reason, but it's a perfectly normal attraction.

Uh, what? Why should I care what Shaq's religion is, or what's considered acceptable in it? I have no religious beliefs myself, though I have somewhat of a Catholic background and we all know it's been common practice to this day to cover up molestation and move priests to different parishes when accusations are made. Every reasonable Catholic person I know thinks of this as reprehensible behavior.

And do you really want to get into things that were acceptable centuries ago? And I said that an adult being attracted to a 14 year old is not normal because it isn't, it's pedophilia. Not my opinion, it's a fact. You can't control urges(though you can control actions) but it doesn't mean those urges are normal. David Berkowitz had urges to kill because he believed a dog was telling him to. Is that normal?

And you're not doing yourself any favors by equating attraction to 14 year olds to homosexuality because that's the same argument NAMBLA and other similar, perverted groups use.

I also said that a 25 year old whose idea of perfection(your word, not mine) is a 16 year old is creepy. And I think most would agree.

I never said any form of attraction to anyone who happens to be 16 is abnormal. There are 16 year olds who don't get proofed when they go to bars, and do honestly look 21-22 years old. Miley wasn't one of them. And it's also different because it's not unreasonable to assume a girl in a bar is 21+, but Miley's age was obviously known.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:32 AM   #78
joe
College superstar
 
joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,650
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Uh, what? Why should I care what Shaq's religion is, or what's considered acceptable in it? I have no religious beliefs myself, though I have somewhat of a Catholic background and we all know it's been common practice to this day to cover up molestation and move priests to different parishes when accusations are made. Every reasonable Catholic person I know thinks of this as reprehensible behavior.

And do you really want to get into things that were acceptable centuries ago? And I said that an adult being attracted to a 14 year old is not normal because it isn't, it's pedophilia. Not my opinion, it's a fact. You can't control urges(though you can control actions) but it doesn't mean those urges are normal. David Berkowitz had urges to kill because he believed a dog was telling him to. Is that normal?

And you're not doing yourself any favors by equating attraction to 14 year olds to homosexuality because that's the same argument NAMBLA and other similar, perverted groups use.

I also said that a 25 year old whose idea of perfection(your word, not mine) is a 16 year old is creepy. And I think most would agree.

I never said any form of attraction to anyone who happens to be 16 is abnormal. There are 16 year olds who don't get proofed when they go to bars, and do honestly look 21-22 years old. Miley wasn't one of them. And it's also different because it's not unreasonable to assume a girl in a bar is 21+, but Miley's age was obviously known.

Small distinction but I don't think attraction to 14 year olds is pedophilia, because I believe pedophilia implies attraction to people who haven't reached puberty. There's a different word for people who are attracted to people in their early teens.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #79
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star
 
ShaqAttack3234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,903
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
Small distinction but I don't think attraction to 14 year olds is pedophilia, because I believe pedophilia implies attraction to people who haven't reached puberty. There's a different word for people who are attracted to people in their early teens.

Well, I've heard both 13 and 14 as cut off years for pedophilia at least technically speaking. Either way, the point remains the same, and I think the exact age varies under some definitions based on how far into puberty the girl is. Either way, there still is a term for adults attracted to minors past the cut off point for pedophilia, and it's not considered normal.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #80
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan
 
SCREWstonRockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clutch City 2K9
Posts: 4,058
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Well, I've heard both 13 and 14 as cut off years for pedophilia at least technically speaking. Either way, the point remains the same, and I think the exact age varies under some definitions based on how far into puberty the girl is. Either way, there still is a term for adults attracted to minors past the cut off point for pedophilia, and it's not considered normal.
Lol @ cut off years. How does one come to that number? 13-14 yr olds are still kids.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #81
FiveRings
Banned
 
FiveRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 786
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
I never said any form of attraction to anyone who happens to be 16 is abnormal. There are 16 year olds who don't get proofed when they go to bars, and do honestly look 21-22 years old. Miley wasn't one of them. And it's also different because it's not unreasonable to assume a girl in a bar is 21+, but Miley's age was obviously known.
She barely looks any different now than she did a few years ago. Her body was almost fully matured already http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvjsNDZBWVQ

You do know that 16 year olds are not underage in Canada, where I am, and in some of the States, right?
FiveRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #82
Le Shaqtus
Go Pack Go
 
Le Shaqtus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 6,463
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Those cheek piercings are atrocious... What is even the point of those.
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #83
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star
 
ShaqAttack3234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,903
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Lol @ cut off years. How does one come to that number? 13-14 yr olds are still kids.

I agree 100%, I was just responding to a post about technicalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveRings
She barely looks any different now than she did a few years ago. Her body was almost fully matured already http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvjsNDZBWVQ

You do know that 16 year olds are not underage in Canada, where I am, and in some of the States, right?

If it's not against the law where you're from then I guess nobody could say anything to you expect the girl's father. But for me personally, even though ****ing a 17 year old would be legal, I wouldn't do it knowing she was 17. And if even an 18 year old was in highschool, that'd be too weird for me.

But none of this changes the fact that to me, a grown man whose idea of perfection is a 16 year old is creepy to me, and an attraction to a 14 year old is just wrong.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:02 AM   #84
Patrick Chewing
#NotACupcake
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 14,680
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
apparently Miley is #1 in Maxim top 100 hottest women... the standards for that magazine must have dropped at an all time low


That is a joke.


My girl J-Law is number 1 right now with Olivia Munn a close second.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:26 AM   #85
FiveRings
Banned
 
FiveRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 786
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
If it's not against the law where you're from then I guess nobody could say anything to you expect the girl's father. But for me personally, even though ****ing a 17 year old would be legal, I wouldn't do it knowing she was 17. And if even an 18 year old was in highschool, that'd be too weird for me.
That's cool, but that's you. It would be weird for me to get with a tranny, or another man, or an old lady, but I'm happy for those who are into that stuff and I say go for it. The law has determined that 16 year olds are mature enough to make their own choices, so I don't see an issue here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
But none of this changes the fact that to me, a grown man whose idea of perfection is a 16 year old is creepy to me, and an attraction to a 14 year old is just wrong.
One teenager having attraction for another teenager. The age of consent in Canada was 14 up until 2008 anyways, when it was changed to 16.

I don't think you can call any attraction wrong. Attraction is not a choice, so how can the person be doing something wrong if they are not actively choosing who to be attracted to? Also, having an appreciation for attractiveness is quite a bit different from only going after girls that are really young. The last girl I was with was 23.
FiveRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:38 AM   #86
lilojmayo
TP23
 
lilojmayo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,606
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
apparently Miley is #1 in Maxim top 100 hottest women... the standards for that magazine must have dropped at an all time low






wreckless
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #87
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star
 
ShaqAttack3234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,903
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveRings
That's cool, but that's you. It would be weird for me to get with a tranny, or another man, or an old lady, but I'm happy for those who are into that stuff and I say go for it. The law has determined that 16 year olds are mature enough to make their own choices, so I don't see an issue here.

Again, as I said, if that's the law where you're from then your only issue would potentially be with the girl's father if he had a problem and if you chose to be with a 16 year old.

Now it's not 16 where I'm from, and personally, FWIW, I think it should be 18.

Quote:
One teenager having attraction for another teenager. The age of consent in Canada was 14 up until 2008 anyways, when it was changed to 16.

I don't consider 19 year olds and 14 years olds teenagers in the same sense. A 19 year old is legally an adult while a 14 year old is right around the junior high/high school borderline age. If a 19 year old has sex with a 44 year old, I wouldn't say a word, despite the age difference being much larger, I won't judge consenting adults.

The age of consent in Canada was really 14 until that recently?

Quote:
I don't think you can call any attraction wrong. Attraction is not a choice, so how can the person be doing something wrong if they are not actively choosing who to be attracted to? Also, having an appreciation for attractiveness is quite a bit different from only going after girls that are really young. The last girl I was with was 23.

This is where I really disagree. I think adults being attracted to children is simply wrong. When it's two consenting adults, I don't judge at all. And I know people can't control who they're attracted to, just like Jeffrey Dahmer couldn't control being so sick in the head. The worst thing about certain thoughts is when people act on them. If you don't act on them, then you're not hurting anyone, but I firmly believe there's something wrong with any adult who is attracted to a kid.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #88
Patrick Chewing
#NotACupcake
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 14,680
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

ARRESTED

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/a...cQq xlB3l195N

Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:56 AM   #89
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac
 
HardwoodLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Rec Center
Posts: 3,661
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Drake should just go ahead and bang some happiness & sanity into this girl.

She told inTouch Magazine that she doesn't smoke pot.

HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #90
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: amongst wackos
Posts: 10,273
Default Re: Amanda Bynes: ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
Why?


Do you like when kids who get bullied in school end up killing themselves?


Do you think picking on a kid who gets good grades is any different on picking on someone who has a lot of money?



The fact that people revel in the breakdowns of girls like Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes is very very disturbing to me. Most of these people would say they're against bullying, or it makes them sad when they hear about girls who become messed up and fall into a depression. But if the girl is famous and has personal problems... its somehow awesome?

I mean I expect loser trolls like mr rad to be bout that. But people who are supposed to be normal? What pleasure does it give you to see someone succumb to the anxiety and insecurity fame and constant exposure can bring? Even if these girls want to lay low, they cant. They're stalked by cameras everwhere. I understand amanda bynes is puttin her own self on blast here, but the reason she prob goin so crazy is because all her problems get made public. plus these young 'starlets' are expected to have a twitter and always interact with their fans and be interesting and be sexy. And they're just regular girls, they're not uber savvy business masterminds. They're still insecure like any girl, they're trying to fit in, they're worried about this or that. And they get put on camera all the damn time. If they have personal issues or family troubles, its headline news. Not to mention all the pressure in hollywood on these inexperienced girls to be a badass and a sex symbol and all that. thats why hilary duff quit showbiz. hollywood was basically trying to convert her image into a slutty sex symbol, and she said no thanks.

I'm not sayin these girls are guilt free. but the problems they go through happen to millions of adolscent or young adult girls all over the country. you probably dont get all happy and shit when you see it happen to regular girls. why does it change when it happens to these girls? gives you a laugh on a message board?

TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy