Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #31
avonbarksdale
meat mountain

avonbarksdale has a bad reputationavonbarksdale has a bad reputationavonbarksdale has a bad reputationavonbarksdale has a bad reputation
Default Re: who can't dunk in the nba?

grabbing rim and dunking are two completely different things
avonbarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #32
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation here

Beno Udrih?

Although I remember him saying ''thank God'' when he was asked by the media if he can dunk in his home country.
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #33
nashwade
High School Varsity 12th Man

nashwade has an OK reputation so far

if Norris Cole can dunk, anyone should be able to dunk at some point in their career

I don' think old stevie can dunk at 39
nashwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #34
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

I'm pretty sure any NBA athlete who's above 6 feet tall can dunk. I'm 6'2 and I'm not even a JV-level athlete and I can do it. I could do it when I was 6'0 too but not off the dribble.

Earl Boykins couldn't dunk. I remember hearing that he could dunk a volleyball but not a basketball. He was like 5'6. If a guy is 6'+ I'm pretty sure he can dunk, even if he is white. Doesn't mean he can/will do it in a game though.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #35
tgan3
Local High School Star

tgan3 has an OK reputation so far

Pretty long list but according to Draftexpress measurements these are the players who "cant dunk" considering you need at least 6 inches above the rim to put the ball down. These are the guys whose max vert reach were below 10'6. Most aren't NBA guys. These are shorter guys ranging from 5'8.5 to 6'3.

Marcus Williams
Jannero Pargo
J'Covan Brown
Nikola Ivanovic
Demetrius Porter
Khalid El-Amin
Gerry McNamara
Travis Diener
Daryl Dorsey
Rashad Phillips -
Mike Smith -
Ashton Gibbs -
Vaggelis Sakellariou -
Tyrone Brazelton -
Ivan Koljevic -
Teddy Dupay -
Jaime Fernandez -
Aleksandar Capin -
Denys Lukashov -
Dairis Bertans
Jared Jordan -
Sean Kennedy -
Andrew Albicy -
Omar Quintero -
Janis Strelnieks -
Dimitry Khvostov -
Raul Neto -
Andrew Albicy -

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2S6aFhpVQ
http://www.draftexpress.com

Lowest recorded was Andrew Albicy 9'10.86 in 2011. Though he has improved his jump because in 2012 he recorded a 10'2.5.

Last edited by tgan3 : 05-02-2013 at 12:24 AM.
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #36
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by avonbarksdale
grabbing rim and dunking are two completely different things
Right. I was just posting the picture another poster referenced. It's tough to conclude too much from photos, but I admit it at least appears to look like one of those "fingertips" situations.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #37
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySyRyanYang posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySyRyanYang posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I think it's safe to say every single NBA player has dunked at some point of their career. As of right now, I don't think Derek Fisher, Steve Nash, Steve Blake can dunk.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #38
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Every player in the NBA can dunk.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #39
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation hereMr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation hereMr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation hereMr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation hereMr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation hereMr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation hereMr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation here

world piss
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #40
KungFuJoe
Local High School Star

KungFuJoe has no real reputation yet.

I can't believe anyone thinks Nash, Fisher, etc can't dunk.

Of course these dudes can dunk! They can run up and down the court at full speed without getting winded and keep up (somewhat) with the younger guys...but they can't dunk?

Hell no. Old or not, these guys are still the BEST ATHLETES ON THE PLANET.

My 6'2", 38 year old, achilles surgery recovering, no stamina having, old ass can still just barely dunk on a good day on a bouncy gym floor.

I'm sure those guys dunk pretty easily...just cuz they don't do it in games, don't mean they can't.
KungFuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: