Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-13-2007, 03:49 AM   #46
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: movies you liked as a kid but realized they sucked when you grew up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
Rookie of the Year
3 Ninjas

But you know...I have more fun watching these movies now then I did when I was a kid. BecauseI see how incredibly stupid and unrealistic they are, it's just much easier to laugh.

what its not realistic for a kid pushing 4 ft 6 to dunk on another kid by jumping and stepping on his chest?
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:04 AM   #47
Smartmouf
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Smartmouf has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I know its not a movie, but Full House. Everyone watched Full House as a kid, but when I'm waiting for Fresh Prince or Cosby Show to come on, I can't stand it. I used to have a crush on Stephanie and Kimmy Gibler .
Kibler? wtf man, wtf..
Smartmouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:56 AM   #48
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

Goonies
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:17 PM   #49
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I know its not a movie, but Full House. Everyone watched Full House as a kid, but when I'm waiting for Fresh Prince or Cosby Show to come on, I can't stand it. I used to have a crush on Stephanie and Kimmy Gibler .

Hell the full house girls are lookin kinda hot lately lol

DJ

Stephanie and DJ

B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #50
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

I used to scared to **** of steven Kings "IT"... but now its just funny, killing a giant spider wit a rock?... wow.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #51
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1kryder
Goonies

hell no, Goonies is still great, in fact I recently bought it on DVD
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #52
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

sandlot was a sick movie... probably wouldnt like it nowadays.

and SpaceJam is still sick in my opinion...
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #53
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesalan9
A Christmas Story

HOW DARE YOU
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #54
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Never Ending Land or something like that. The one with that weird high flying white dog. Gives me the creeps thinking about it.
man that movie rocks. My white dog looks like Falcor the luck dragon. The secind and third are weak.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #55
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
gotta go with the power rangers. almost everyone loved them and they were crap. ninja turtles, now that was the ****(and still is). btw to expand this, gotta add vanilla ice in music. say what you want now but almost everyone loved him at one point.

Ditto
Old 02-14-2007, 11:13 AM   #56
Twoston Rockets
I brick open layups

Twoston Rockets has an OK reputation so far

man there are some youngsters in here. spykids? that movie cant be no more than 5 years old. i think all the steven segal movies are cheesy. teenage mutant ninja turtles the movie with vanilla ice, lol man i cant believe i liked that movie.
Twoston Rockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:22 AM   #57
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoston Rockets
man there are some youngsters in here. spykids? that movie cant be no more than 5 years old. i think all the steven segal movies are cheesy. teenage mutant ninja turtles the movie with vanilla ice, lol man i cant believe i liked that movie.
what? The secret of the ooze? Are you kidding me? Go ninja go ninga go go go. I LOVED that movie. Still do actually. That was the second one btw.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ID=158 261565

Now that song is funny ill give you that.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #58
Twoston Rockets
I brick open layups

Twoston Rockets has an OK reputation so far

dont get me wrong i liked the tmnt, but only as a cartoon. The characters in there didnt appeal to me. Bebop, Rocksteady and Shredder could have been
better. They should make a remake of it, with some CGI. I cant believe I even saw Vanilla Ice's movie, Cool as Ice when I was a kid, and I still think it sucked then. I cant wait til Transformers the movie releases in July.
Twoston Rockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #59
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

That whole club scene in TMNT 2 was hi-larious.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #60
Saishi
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Saishi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Major Payne is still a sweet movie
Haha I watched this the other day. Eh heh heh heeeeh!

Movies I tried to watch again as an adult, that dont necessarily suck..but are hard to watch now:
1)The Dark Crystal - sigh, the days of puppet animation
2)Labrynth - David Bowie was so gay, but I loved it
3)The Monster Squad
4)Little Monsters with Fred Savage - first time I saw the saran wrap on the toilet seat joke
5)Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Donatello was my favorite
6)Munchies

I'm sure there are more, but movies from the late 80's early 90's were great and creative! Like Willow, I still list this as a favorite.
Saishi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: