Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #31
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Anybody watch Barack's speech from Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
If Obama is the guy who supports and backs the issues that are most important to you then by all means vote for him. But don't pull the wool over your eyes, and jocking some guy so hard that would make a Kobe groopie envious. Obama has already lied to the people of Illinois over and over again by promising that he would stick with them for all 6 years(he and Nick Saban must have gone to the same school of promises ), he has also lied or at the very least been dishonest about his alleged deep Christian roots and his father's wealth, and background.

Obama is no different than any other politician in terms of BS and "telling it like it is".
For a "Cavs Fan" you sure never post about them, all 85 of your posts are directed towards me regarding politics, why?

Do you have any evidence that back your accusations of him lying to the people? He has never lied about his background, unless you watch Fox News which tried to produce a fake story claiming Obama was a terrorist... Is that what you were referring to?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #32
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me

Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
For a "Cavs Fan" you sure never post about them, all 85 of your posts are directed towards me regarding politics, why?

??? I think I have gone back and forth with you maybe a couple of times before this, and I believe you engaged me first.

Quote:
Do you have any evidence that back your accusations of him lying to the people? He has never lied about his background, unless you watch Fox News which tried to produce a fake story claiming Obama was a terrorist... Is that what you were referring to?

Terrorist? I don't know of any news media group that has claimed that Obama was a terrorist. I'd love to hear about that story though if you have a link. Hillary(and even liberal NPR) has tried to dig up more dirt on Obama than anyone. In any case I was referring to Obama saying his father was a poor "goat herder" in Africa when in fact he was a wealthy farmer and the fact that he has deep Christian roots when his father was a Muslim and his mother a flower child atheist. If these are not outright lies, then they are at least an extreme stretching of the truth, which qualifies as BS. And there is plenty of evidence that he did lie to the people of Illinois about promising them he would stay keep his Senate seat all six years if elected. He said it publicly and he said it often. He was looking into the camera and promising he would fill his post up until about a year ago, when in fact he was just using the Illinois senate seat as a stepping stone. Like I said, see Nick Saban.

It's no big deal, he's just a typical politician. It is funny to see his apologists act like he's not though.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #33
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
??? I think I have gone back and forth with you maybe a couple of times before this, and I believe you engaged me first.

Terrorist? I don't know of any news media group that has claimed that Obama was a terrorist. I'd love to hear about that story though if you have a link. Hillary(and even liberal NPR) has tried to dig up more dirt on Obama than anyone. In any case I was referring to Obama saying his father was a poor "goat herder" in Africa when in fact he was a wealthy farmer and the fact that he has deep Christian roots when his father was a Muslim and his mother a flower child atheist. If these are not outright lies, then they are at least an extreme stretching of the truth, which qualifies as BS. And there is plenty of evidence that he did lie to the people of Illinois about promising them he would stay keep his Senate seat all six years if elected. He said it publicly and he said it often. He was looking into the camera and promising he would fill his post up until about a year ago, when in fact he was just using the Illinois senate seat as a stepping stone. Like I said, see Nick Saban.

It's no big deal, he's just a typical politician. It is funny to see his apologists act like he's not though.

Actually, Obama's father was a non-practicing Muslim. And if I recall, he grew up with his mother, not his father. He attended a madrassa (the school in particular was fairly secular) and also a Catholic school.

Frankly, I'd have to see the cold hard facts about Obama before I'd believe the smears against him. And by the way, what evidence do you have that Hillary tried to dig up dirt on Obama? That's right wing spin, man. Where did all the madrassa talk start? On right-wing radio. In right-wing circles. On far right-wing publications. Only a couple weeks after did the news start coming out, "Oh, it must be that Hillary. She's already going after Obama!"

The media has perpetuated this myth that Hillary is this cold, calculating, shrill woman. Frankly, I don't see it. I might not like her, but the image the media has built for her has nothing to do with it.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:17 PM   #34
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
At least Kerry had the balls to stand up on the day of the invasion and say that Bush had misused his vote. Hillary was quiet as a mouse.
Reppy, if you're expecting Hillary Clinton to have balls, the Democratic primary process is going to be awful disappointing for you.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: